Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:08 PM

Default Leavenworth CCA

Leavenworth CCA is on lockdown. My poor brother gets there yesterday and is on Lockdown until Monday. Does anyone have anyone there or any experiences with this place??
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2009, 02:35 PM

My son just got there also, and went to lockdown. He is really struggling with the new routine. He came from state prison after six years and was pretty comfortable. Now the food is not so good on some days and they do a lot of counts, slamming doors, one hour outside time, and a lot of people coming and going...15 to 21 months left to go on the federal side. He still doesn't know where he is going which adds to the stress. Hope your brother has patience...
Old 01-26-2010, 03:54 PM

Default Leavenworth?

My son is headed to Leavenworth. Can anyone provide information about safety, educational/vocational opportunities, quality of food and whether there is a weight room?
Old 02-03-2010, 11:38 PM

There are no weights and I've been told the food has been getting worse. There are some decent UNICOR programs if he can get in one. The place is really old and is falling apart. It seems like every year there are rumors about the BOP closing it and just making it a historic site like Alcatraz.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Jakes Moonlight

Default He may be moving to Levenworth

Do the inmates have email there?
Thanks
Old 08-13-2010, 08:59 PM
LSI1600

We are hoping for Leavenworth because it is close to home, so I went to their website and looked up some of their policies. As near as I can tell they do, but if the inmates crime in any way involved computers they are banned from using them.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:22 PM

Exclamation Leavenworth?

Does anyone have any information on Leavenworth in Kansas? My hubby is being sent there. Not sure whether it is the camp or the prison yet. As far as his counselor had figured, it would probably be the camp. Any info would be helpful. I don't know what to expect for visits or anything.

Nothing is trivial...
Old 10-04-2010, 10:47 PM

I do not know any thing about the camp at all, but have decent info on the USP.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:16 AM

Well we found out yesterday that he is going to the USP. So any information you have would be much appreciated. He is worried because he has heard that there is a lot of gang activity and he is a loner with no attachments or affiliations.

Nothing is trivial...
Old 12-08-2010, 08:41 PM

my fiance is in leavenworth ks too.His he still locked up in there
Old 12-08-2010, 08:45 PM

Default USP Leavenworth, KS

has anyone been married at this prison before...
Old 12-17-2010, 05:08 PM

I do not know any one actually married while in this facility. I do know one couple that applied and was denied. They were given the excuse that they could not consumate the marriage so why bother getting married until he is released next year. I can have it checked into however for you.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:15 PM

My Miah has been there for almost 2 years with another almost 2 years to go. It is actually a fairly mellow prison compaired to most USPs. They are seldom on lock down and when they are it does not last more than a day or two if that long. There are people (Miah) who are not into the gangs and do well. Like all prisons, some staff members are pretty cool and others not so much. I have delt with very few that are not so much. Very few fights among inmates compaired to other places. If you have specific questions just let me know and I will do my best to get the information. I live in Leavenworth so I am there pretty much every weekend.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:50 AM
He's my Alice

Question Any info on Leavenworth USP?

My fiancee just got transfered to leavenworth fci on wednesday. Haven't heard from him since Tues- and I know, we know, nothing about prison at all. I've heard Leavenworth is bad- but they sent michael vick there so it can't be too awful, right? He was at Leavenworth CCA before this and it seemed like a piece of cake. Any info anyone has would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks!
Old 04-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

They just got a new warden, I believe.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Donation Award 

Yes they did, lisa hollingsworth i think is her name,,,,,,,,transfered from Marion

Old 04-04-2011, 09:32 AM

Yes a new warden, new visiting rules and regulations, but its a pretty mellow facility. I am there every weekend
Old 04-04-2011, 01:07 PM
He's my Alice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wybrat View Post
Yes a new warden, new visiting rules and regulations, but its a pretty mellow facility. I am there every weekend
New visit rules? Are those different than what's on the website? Mellow? Thank goodness! How long are visits there?
Old 04-07-2011, 05:41 AM

my boyfriend was taken to ft leavenworth a week ago... i have no idea whats going on really. i have not heard anything from him since before he got there. and neither have his parents. can anybody tell me a little bit about the visitations and whether they can call cell phones or not? or tell me the website or a number i can call? something anything really. im runnin around like a darn chicken with its head cut off... please someone tell me something...
Old 04-07-2011, 08:46 PM

The new visiting rules are no kissing It is also one of the only federal prisons where you are not allowed to sit next to the person you are visiting, but a cross a little table from them. They can call cell phones. The length of visits really depends on staffing on that particular day. Some days its all days and others its limited to 2 hours. I am there every Friday and Saturday... and some times Sunday too Any other questions let me know.
The Following User Says Thank You to wybrat For This Useful Post:
amck (04-07-2011)
Old 04-07-2011, 08:48 PM

One more thing... Leavenworth even though its a medium facility its still a USP. They have been on a modified lock down all day today as well so not a lot of communication out of there and what there is is slow or delayed...
Old 04-07-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
One more thing... Leavenworth even though its a medium facility its still a USP. They have been on a modified lock down all day today as well so not a lot of communication out of there and what there is is slow or delayed...

I talked to my man today (April 7, 2011). I can't believe we can't kiss when I visit him. I think I'm going to cry.

Last edited by amck; 04-07-2011 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: mistake
Old 04-07-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats<3Gurl2137 View Post
my boyfriend was taken to ft leavenworth a week ago... i have no idea whats going on really. i have not heard anything from him since before he got there. and neither have his parents. can anybody tell me a little bit about the visitations and whether they can call cell phones or not? or tell me the website or a number i can call? something anything really. im runnin around like a darn chicken with its head cut off... please someone tell me something...
When my man arrived at Leavenworth it was a little over a week before he called me. He told me he had to go through orientation and wait to see his counselor before he was able to call me, so that's prob. why you haven't heard from him. He says it's okay. There are gangs like in every prison but he tells the inmates he walks with God, and he has made friends to help him if things ever get rough. So far by the grace of God he has managed to stay out of trouble. I use a phone system called "Cons call home" and that's saved me alot of money. I hope that helps some.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:43 AM
He's my Alice

Quote:
The new visiting rules are no kissing It is also one of the only federal prisons where you are not allowed to sit next to the person you are visiting, but a cross a little table from them. They can call cell phones. The length of visits really depends on staffing on that particular day. Some days its all days and others its limited to 2 hours. I am there every Friday and Saturday... and some times Sunday too Any other questions let me know.

No kissing?! Oh goodness, he's going to be so sad. As far as visits go...can you visit multiple times in the same week? You say you're there every friday and saturday- I'm assuming you can. How long do you stay though, since the point system? And I'm assuming Friday is not considered a weekend day?
Grr Why'd they change the kissing thing? That seems silly.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:44 AM
He's my Alice

Quote:

No kissing?! Oh goodness, he's going to be so sad. As far as visits go...can you visit multiple times in the same week? You say you're there every friday and saturday- I'm assuming you can. How long do you stay though, since the point system? And I'm assuming Friday is not considered a weekend day?
Grr Why'd they change the kissing thing? That seems silly.