Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:36 AM

I don't have an answer to your question, but I was curious if anyone had any info on the camp at Leavenworth.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2008, 09:48 AM

You get 10% off your sentence for good time. You get another year off for RDAP depending on your crime. If you had a gun charge then you will be able to go through the program but not get any time off for it. That was my husbands case anyways. SO he turned down the program to let someone else benefit from it. He was at the Leavenworth camp for 5 months. The only complaint he had was of one co named JB. He may not be there anymore. Visits are nice. There is an outside area with picnic tables. I will try to answer any questions you may have.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1-12-09 For This Useful Post:
ChinUpHeadDown (07-03-2008)
Old 07-02-2008, 03:36 PM

Here is some info I have gathered from this site:
-when you do federal time you do 85% of the time you are sentenced
-if you can get into the RDAP program it will knock some time off of your sentence but I'm not sure how much
-The amount of time you get in the halfway house is at the discretion of the facility you are at and where room is available.

You might try doing a search for "leavenworth FPC" on this site. There is a lot of good information if you look for it. There is also a "good conduct time" calculator I believe in the federal prison systems forums...it's a sticky.
The Following User Says Thank You to imred4u For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2008, 08:09 AM

My husband is at the camp. He was given 21 months, self reported in Nov 2007 and is expected to leave for the halfway house in Nov 2008. Overall it is not too bad. Visits are on Sat, Sun, and Mon. there is an outside visitng area as well. He works until about 2:30 and then either reads, walks, etc. there are tennis courts, basketball courts, and they play softball. I hear the food is awful and the buildings are older. It is set up like "camp", big room with bunk beds, small windows for air, community bathroom. There is a store where you can go once a week to buy things but it can be expensive. You can use the phones as long as you have minutes (alloted monthly) and money in your account. I think the calls are 30 cents a minute, but I am not sure. There are TVs to watch, library, etc. The biggest surprise to me was the cost of everything that he had to buy and what they don't give you. Be prepared to buy soap, shampoo, laundry soap, toothbrush, basically all daily goods. also be prepared to buy shorts, sweats, tennis shoes, they don't give you that stuff and you will want something to sleep in. The summers can get warm and the winter was bitter cold. You might want to invest in some longhandles to wear under your clothes during the winter. If you go to the chruch upon arrival they will give you a goodie bag of a few items (toothpaste, etc). I hope that helps and I wish you the best.
The Following User Says Thank You to missourdad For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2008, 08:21 AM

If you go to the chruch upon arrival they will give you a goodie bag of a few items (toothpaste, etc).

Missourdad, I hadn't heard this! That is some great info!
The Following User Says Thank You to imred4u For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Let, Love, Live

My husband is at the camp as well and clothing/food is very expensive. You will spend alot of money the first couple of months. Yeah the food is horrible and JB is still there but there are a few CO's that are cool. Just try and stay busy by working, exercising, and reading it helps keep you out of trouble. You get 300 minutes a month with the exception of november and december when you get 400. The calls are about .26 but the good thing is that if you have a local number its only .06 a minute. The way that works is I got another line added to my cell phone plan and had them give me a leavenworth number and its saves him alot of money. Missourdad is definitely right about the aircondition it gets really hot so will have to buy a fan. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask. Also you will have an inmate account thats how you will get money from the outside or they can send it but it takes longer because it goes to a lockbox. Its easier to do the westernunion quick collect and its alot faster especially if you need to buy from comissary which is on tuesdays now.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:54 PM
andy's baby girl

Cool leavenworth - carpooling?

i live in iowa i was just wandering if there is anyone else that goes to leavenworth to see a loved one. it is a very long and boring trip when you have to go by yourself. if anyone would be interested in carpooling that would be great1
Old 09-02-2008, 02:06 PM

my man is in rochester right now but doesnt have enough points to stay & may get moved to leavenworth ill let you know carpooling could be nice
The Following User Says Thank You to woodwitch32 For This Useful Post:
brandylee (09-15-2008)
Old 11-08-2008, 10:28 PM

Default USP Leavenworth

I can not find any information on this site regarding USP Leavenworth. I understand it used to be a max security facility but now it is medium. Can anyone provide me some information? My son, who is only 21 years old, said in his last letter that he will be going there after his orientation in Oklahoma. Please, if you have some information about this facility, let me know.

Thank you,

Myoichi Ama
Old 02-05-2009, 01:38 PM

Default Usp leavenworth

Hey ladies, I am kind of new to the PTO family. Anyhoo, I was approved for my long lost loves list, by way of Ohio. He's been gone for 15 yrs now. I will be flying from Atl to Lvwrth Valentines weekend to visit. All reservations are already confirmed. Can anyone tell me what to expect? What time should I be at the gate? or any info will help. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by antwanswifee; 02-05-2009 at 01:39 PM..
Old 02-26-2009, 10:39 PM

Default visiting Leavenworth- need all available info/advice

Can anyone give me any advise on Leavenworth Kansas Federal Prision. I, in Oklahoma and havent figured out how to even get there.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:58 PM

Default USP Leavenworth

HI, My husband is in USP Leavenworth, and I'm from Oklahoma as well. Well Its the oldest Prision around and Mark says it smells like it. They have so many lock down and they only allow 300 minutes a month. Stay in touch and give me his name and can have Mark watch over him. And we can maybe help each other
Old 02-26-2009, 11:01 PM

My husband is in USP Leavenworth, its not all good but stay in touch so I can tell Mark and maybe watch him and we can help each other
Old 03-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Let, Love, Live

What kind of info do you need my husband is at the camp there?
Old 03-15-2009, 04:15 PM
andy's baby girl

is he in the camp or usp
Old 03-15-2009, 08:49 PM
supporting my love
Donation Award 

Or the detention center?
Old 04-01-2009, 11:21 PM
supporting my love
Donation Award 

How did it go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Murphy View Post
Can anyone give me any advise on Leavenworth Kansas Federal Prision. I, in Oklahoma and havent figured out how to even get there.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:22 PM
2006 BRIDE - 1/30/06

If you are going to the USP Leavenworth, beware, the visiting there is absolutely ridiculous!! the room only seats 33 people I believe and even if you are coming from California like myself, you still won't get to visit the entire day, try 2-3 hours at best. And you have to get there around 6am on a Saturday and Sunday and 'maybe' get in there before count.

Any other questions, let me know
Old 04-14-2009, 03:31 PM
andy's baby girl

they changed the visiting routine at leavenworth, they wont even let you on the property until 7:30, then u line up at the gate in your car the officer comes out and takes your drivers linsense. then u can go park, if you are on the property before 7:30 in can actually get in trouble, cause as they were so nice to explain it it illegal.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:05 PM

Default Help! Advice! Anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayzwife View Post
What kind of info do you need my husband is at the camp there?

I just took my brother there yesterday and he is in the camp! I would appreciate anything you could share regarding the camp setting, visitation, phone calls, what kind of personal items I can mail to him, ANYTHING YOU HAVE TO SHARE! Thanks!
Old 04-19-2009, 12:37 AM
Let, Love, Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlajo9 View Post
I just took my brother there yesterday and he is in the camp! I would appreciate anything you could share regarding the camp setting, visitation, phone calls, what kind of personal items I can mail to him, ANYTHING YOU HAVE TO SHARE! Thanks!
And forget the stuff about the pics I forgot it was your brother. You can not send any personal stuff he has to buy everything he needs from commissary so the first couple months he will need a lot of financial support.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:59 AM

Default Info on Leavenworth KS Camp

My boyfriend leaves for Leavenworth KS Prison Camp July 13 ! He got 70 months Fed. time for conspiracy ! We would be thankful for any info that we can find out about what its like there ! He is minimum security !
His mom printed off ' program statements' from the U.S.Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Prisons that shows he can have a list of things including 2 cartons of cigs.(not sure if thats things he can buy or things he can take ) ! I was under the impression that he couldnt take anything but a bible !
We are getting pretty nervous about it and hope to hear good things but nothing is good about going to prison ! Creator Bless , be_kind
Old 06-25-2009, 07:15 PM

Default Anyone know anything about USP LEAVENWORTH???

My husband just found out that he is being designated to LEAVENWORTH. It is about 10 hours away from where we live and it looks like I will be taking a road trip once a month. Any info will be helpful!
Old 06-28-2009, 05:35 AM
andy's baby girl

yeah if u get a chance pm me, the visits there are h*ll, u so will want heads up before you even thank about making that 10 hour trip. i go down there about every 6 weeks,
Old 09-30-2009, 08:08 PM

Default Leavenworth CCA

Leavenworth CCA is on lockdown. My poor brother gets there yesterday and is on Lockdown until Monday. Does anyone have anyone there or any experiences with this place??