Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:44 PM

Thanks Zelda and Sandy. I wrote him a nice long, "I am mad" letter, with a note at the end that said in the morning I would write him a nice I love you letter to make up for it.
His fault or not, it changes nothing about the support I will give, Its just so numbing sometimes. If it is his fault or they say it is, his rdap will be over and thats that much longer he will be there. sigh

Thanks for the response. It always makes one feel better to just be heard.

hugs
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2007, 06:44 AM

out of the hole and did not even get a shot. Got a call last night. He got my I love you letter and never got my I am mad at you for being in the hole letter lol good for me HA! He has made me nuts this month, I told him, oh please stop He said he would lol
Old 07-21-2007, 12:10 AM

Default Leavenworth USP, lockdown?

Does anyone know, if they are on lockdown? I haven't heard from my man & am really worried.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Leavenworth info needed please

A miracle arrived today, notice that at long last I was approved to visit. I have not seen him in so long, omg I am freaked out, in a good way.
He is going to HWH in November but If I can see him this month then I am going! Its been over a year and a half since we have seen each other. Am I silly to go visit when I can see him in just 2 months?

My problem and is not even a big one is where to stay. Suggestions, near the airport or near the prision? I am hoping for a fly in the night before the first visit, get a second visit in on the second day and leave the 2nd night or early the 3rd morning.
Also how does that work when you arrive by taxi to visit or can you arrive by taxi? I don't know why not, but thought I better ask.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:09 PM

I don't let grass grow under my feet thats for sure Already booked the flight, hotel and car rental. Next task, 10 pounds off in 2 weeks, ready set go! lol

Old 08-31-2007, 08:07 PM

Wishing you the best. When it comes to visiting, the more the better.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:49 PM

there are tons of hotels that are within 10 miles of the prison. the one closest to the prison i cant remember the name but it is kinda nasty so dont stay there it is on metropolitan ave. there is a best value inn that is ok not real nice but it runs about 50 a night and is so so. the days inn and econo lodge are within 5 miles and are ok a little further down there is an almost brand new holiday inn i think it runs about 80 a night. it's super nice. let me know if you have any questions when are you going to visit?
Old 09-02-2007, 11:11 PM

Going the weekend of the 15th We are very excited. My big fear is the ion scanner and if my clothes will pass inspection. Not that I do anything to set it off, Ion, but reading the horror stories scares a person. I mean I would like to wear perfume but seems that can set it off.
Thanks Cottagegal and Sandy1234
Im lucky to have a few friends in KC, ones i have known for YEARS on the internet but never met, so the night before they are taking me to dinner. All in all it is going to be a nice little weekend trip.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:53 AM

is he at the camp or the main prison. there is no ion scanner at the camp i know for sure and i dont think they have one at the main prison either. so you may not even need to worry! as for your clothes the big house are real stickler on following the rules. no low cut tops short skirts or any type of sandals that go between your toe. the camp has the same rules but they are pretty lax. i've worn flip flops a few times and got away with it. i had back up shoes in the car of course. anyway enjoy your visit!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 12:22 PM

I made my first visit to Leavenworth yesterday. I was totally nervous, like you. No ion scanner like Sandy said and I noticed a few women wearing flip flops. The guard there was this extremely nice woman with long blonde hair, by boyfriend told me the other weekend guard was a big black guy who wears glasses... also very nice and laid back. I will also be there the weekend of the 15th!!! Have a great time!!!
Old 09-04-2007, 08:28 PM

Yes it's at the camp. Thank goodness on the ion scanner. I read that some perfume sets it off and I so wanted to wear his favorite scent on me. I don't wear low cut or shorts so am good there then.

When you go to the prision do they help you find the right place to go when you pull in or do you look like scared deer? I am from out of town and all I know is the street it is on from mapquest.
Thanks !

Old 02-27-2008, 01:06 PM

Default Leavenworth info

Hello All!

My finace is at OTC right now and was told he was going to Leavenworth prison camp. I am looking for any info about programs, classes and such whileh e is there. He had to lie and say he had issues with alcohol so he could get a year off his sentence. He is suppose to be going into the DAP while there. Any info would surely help ease my worry. marie
Old 03-11-2008, 09:26 PM

Default USP Leavenworth

New to the sites, and my friend "web" is in USP Leavenworth. Does anyone know how quick collect works and how long for him to get it, and does he know its from me?
I know he has tried calling my cell phone, and how much does it cost me to answer it? I am new to the whole usp thing, and would like to knwo more on what he can do, what he can recieve in mail, anthing would help.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:13 PM

I have never had any problems with sending money quick collect, and I've sent money weekly for the past 8 months. Go to western union's web site and it will walk you through. It's actually easier now than a few months ago. Once you've sent money once your info is saved and sending money again just requires you to sign in and click a couple of buttons. It won't cost you anything to talk to him, he uses the money that's on his books for calls. Assuming the USP is the same as the camp, he can recieve paper back books from you, hard back from the actual company, magazine subscriptions, newspapers, you can send him a calendar, and of course letters and pictures.

Hope his helps.
websfriend (05-04-2008)
Old 03-25-2008, 09:38 PM

Default USP Leavenworth-prison or camp?

My brother was sentenced to USP Leavenworth starting next week. However, he should have been placed at a camp. What are the chances that he might end up at the satellite camp within USP Leavenworth? A different address does not exist for the satellite camp. PLease help!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Let, Love, Live

Your brother didn't tell you which location he would be at? There is a big difference in the USP and the camp. If this is his first offense then more than likely he would be at the camp depending on how serious the crime was.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:50 PM

My husband is in the leavenworth camp. They do have a DAP program that can take time off but I don't know much about it. There are some classes but not many and many times the instructor does not show up. The camp is not that bad, mostly drug cases and white colar. Let me know what questions you have and maybe I can help. Amy
Old 03-26-2008, 07:59 PM

Thats the issue...he doesn't where he is going to be at. The order just says USP Leavenworth...however it is his first offense and it was not a violent crime....it was more of a white collar crime.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Let, Love, Live

He will probably be at the camp but he needs to contact his lawyer. They would know where he is suppose to go.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:12 PM

If there is a camp there, then he may very well be going to the camp but it will still show up on the bop as USP Leavenworth because it controls the camp.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,379 Times in 4,637 Posts

Is he self-surrendering? If so, he'll most likely report to the USP and then get sent over to the camp.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:26 PM

my husband was white colar, non violet, first time offense. He is at the camp. The camp and the USP have the same info and address but are several hundred feet from each other. The camp is not great but not awful. Let me know if he is at the camp and if you have questions. Amy
Old 04-04-2008, 06:15 PM

Thanks for all the info...My brother is at the camp! We were all very worried however it is good to know that he is ok and he is comfortable at the camp thus far.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:33 PM

my fella usually calls me on a scheduled time and has missed the last two times, does anyone know if there is something going on there or what? marie
Old 05-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Ride or Die!

I have a question do you know when they go to the camp do they knock any time off for when they are their?