Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: How many pounds have you put on?
5-10 lbs. 165 11.80%
10-20 lbs. 211 15.09%
20-plus 284 20.31%
I actually lost weight 509 36.41%
I weigh the same as when I met him 229 16.38%
Voters: 1398. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2007, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikka
describe the new changes you are seeing. are the changes in the midsec tion? where did you buy your vinegar pills from? how long did it take to see changes?
The changes are:Appetite curbed. No longer constipated every other day. No more BGs(Bubble Guts). No bloating from certain foods. No acid reflux. My stomach hasn't went down "alot" but the bloating is gone. I see a difference. I see changes within a few days. Now I am able to suck my stomach in. Before I couldn't do this. My skin is tighter and my skin is brighter. I brought them at a health food store for $13 or $14 dollars. A friend of mine says she sees a big difference. But I just feel different. You have to drink alot of water.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Donation Award 

Gemini Gem,

This makes a lot of sense because if your appetite is suppressed and you aren't eating as much then you wouldn't be clogging up your system with all of the processed stuff, extra foods your body doesn't require, etc. Thus your body would not have to work quite as hard 'cleaning up' and healing and therefore you would have more energy!

One thing for everyone to keep in mind is that overeating is generally triggered by emotions. If you don't empty out the emotional baggage, chances are that any weight loss will be a temporary thing.

Last edited by Crone; 11-20-2007 at 01:03 PM..
Old 11-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Donation Award 

Okay Ladies....only five more days...Ya READY
Old 11-20-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm Wifey
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crone2004
Gemini Gem,

This makes a lot of sense because if your appetite is suppressed and you aren't eating as much then you wouldn't be clogging up your system with all of the processed stuff, extra foods your body doesn't require, etc. Thus your body would not have to work quite as hard 'cleaning up' and healing and therefore you would have more energy!

One thing for everyone to keep in mind is that overeating is generally triggered by emotions. If you don't empty out the emotional baggage, chances are that any weight loss will be a temporary thing.
good point! but its hard to empty that baggage when your heart is hurting over something you cant change..................
man! i miss my baby!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-20-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm Wifey
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdinghimdown
Okay Ladies....only five more days...Ya READY
hell no!!!!!!---- but i know we have to do what we have to do! ...... ill be ready sunday.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:46 PM
California Dreaming

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 1,474 Times in 750 Posts

hi ladies!

I had already gained alot of weight before I met Jamie. But in the las three years we have been together i noticed I had gained weight.

When it finally hit me I was 5'5 and was up to 169lbs! Medically im suppose to be around 135 - 140. I didn t notice the changes in my body until I saw myself in a picture someone took and I was like "omg! I'm actually fat!"

I made it a mission to lose the weight. My regiment was to change my habits all together and I did a mixture or several diet habits.

I was a dr.pepper holic. thats ll i would drink 24-7. I bowl two nights a week and if any one knows usually bowling and beer are like peas and carrots lol.

At the begining of summer I checked my weight and I was 169 I traded dr.pepper to water and diet pepsi. (the diet pepsi was more for the charbonation addiction than anything). I stayed strong for about two months with no alcohol period! (that was tough on tuesdays and thursday nights lol). I ate any kind of meat as long as it was grilled or baked. No fried or breaded meats!!! I cut out all pasta and starches. And NO BREAD!!!!! If I wanted something sweet to eat I ate a piece of fruit!

I lost down to 136within 3 months and that was with me cheatng at leas once a week with whatever I wanted as long as I ate it BEFORE 7pm. anything I ate after 7PM was either fruit or cheese and maybe pepperoni , and salami.

I went from 169 down to a 136 within the 3 months. I was so proud of myself more than Jamie was. I told him I was going on a diet and he kept saying I was beautiful just like i was but when I lost all that I wanted to lose and sent him pictures he was proud of me also.

I still have to maintain my wieght. I stick with the diet pepsi but now drink my beer when I bowl and eat just fruit and veggies when I know I am going to drink.

Each person is differnt as far as dieting. what works for one may not work for the other. as far as the fruit and veggie week I am all in for that! whomeve is going to do it.could you please PM me when it starts at least a day or two before to remind me?? I might can lose weight but I have been diagnosed with C.R.A.F.T disease!!! ( "cant remember a f'ing thing)lol

Last edited by HardHeadedWoman; 11-20-2007 at 11:50 PM..
Old 11-21-2007, 06:42 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikka
good point! but its hard to empty that baggage when your heart is hurting over something you cant change..................
man! i miss my baby!!!!!!!!!
No, we can't change some situations but we can change how we respond to those situations. It isn't an easy journey but one well worth walking.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:32 PM
I'm Wifey
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crone2004
............... It isn't an easy journey but one well worth walking.
i think thats one of the best things i have heard about this situation in a very long time....

dont be surprised if that becomes my signature!

Old 11-21-2007, 03:12 PM
100% Real. With myself.

I couldn't vote... my weight actually yo-yo's.... mainly because of stress, working and not being able to cook all the time, then turning to convenience foods, I've actually been good the past month, but now I'm starting to regress.

EDIT: And those medical scales that tell you how much you SHOULD weigh are unrealistic. For my weight I'm supposed to be like no more than 179.. I haven't seen that weight since I played basketball !! Since I was a athlete in high school, basketball, volleyball, softball, swimming, when I gain weight it doesn't sit badly, so when I tell people how much I weigh they're like

Ideal body weight calculator.

Last edited by Mrs_Stone_Cold; 11-21-2007 at 03:21 PM..
Old 11-25-2007, 12:14 AM
Donation Award 

Okay Its Time Check Out New Thread On

Here To Hear You

Or View My Thread Started List

Good Luck
Old 11-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Donation Award 

Thread moved to diet and health...talk to ya'll soon
Old 11-25-2007, 08:42 PM
I love ma man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoKK
I have the opposite problem, I cant GAIN weight. Im 5'7 and weigh 107. I have MS and the meds I take for it take my appetite. Hes always begging me to eat and gain weight. He wants me at 120 :O
I hear that if you drink 1 milk shake a day you will gain some weight.. My lil cousin needs to gain and he went to the DR and thats what he told him..

far apart but close in the heart
Old 11-25-2007, 08:42 PM
I love ma man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoKK
I have the opposite problem, I cant GAIN weight. Im 5'7 and weigh 107. I have MS and the meds I take for it take my appetite. Hes always begging me to eat and gain weight. He wants me at 120 :O
I hear that if you drink 1 milk shake a day you will gain some weight.. My lil cousin needs to gain and he went to the DR and thats what he told him..

far apart but close in the heart
Old 11-26-2007, 05:45 PM

i have gained, for sure

gone up 2 pants sizes

i am a stress eater!
Old 11-27-2007, 01:42 AM
Donation Award 

i lost weight. we argue about me not eating and he told me i better have gained some weight when i come visit. oh well we'll be fighting on Saturday. lol
Old 12-13-2007, 06:51 AM
Donation Award 

Yall i might have to lose weight sooner than later since my BF might come home soon because of the new federal guidelines getting retro'd...so i need to get started....HELP.....
Old 12-13-2007, 03:02 PM

anthony loves me weight im very thick he calls me hamhawks it use to hurt my feelings cause i took offens to it but i know now that he loves me adn my hamhawk i just have think fat leggs
Old 12-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Lucky in love

I miss my fiancé so terrible that I constantly lose weight.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Banned

I am about the same- I ahd lost 25 pounds from stress, than gained it back- i ahve told him the deal with me going up and down-
he will only say
i love you the way you were the day I met you, don't go getting all healthy on me and going skinny while I'm inside..
Old 12-13-2007, 10:27 PM

I have lost about 14 lbs since he's been gone. I have 14 more months so I am sure it will all come back but I had to go and buy new jeans the other day ane was shocked when they were 3 sizes smaller than my normal size. I think he will surprised when we finally get to see each other.

He's home
Old 12-14-2007, 03:07 AM
Chads Chicken

hehehehehehe........ .............
NOW WE ARE BOTH SHORT AND FAT AND WE LOOK LIKE TWO OF THOSE YARD GNOMES....
I'D RATHER LOVE A MAN I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THAN LIVE WITH A MAN I CAN'T LOVE. RIGHT NOW, I'M LOVING A MAN THE STATE SAYS I CANT LIVE WITH, INVOLVED IN A LOVE AFFAIR MY HEART SAYS I CANT LIVE WITHOUT...

Chadschicken2
Old 12-14-2007, 03:09 AM
Chads Chicken

We Wont Go Skinny Dippin'......................................
:d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d
We'll Go Chunky Dunkin'........................................
I'D RATHER LOVE A MAN I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THAN LIVE WITH A MAN I CAN'T LOVE. RIGHT NOW, I'M LOVING A MAN THE STATE SAYS I CANT LIVE WITH, INVOLVED IN A LOVE AFFAIR MY HEART SAYS I CANT LIVE WITHOUT...

Chadschicken2
Old 12-15-2007, 03:03 PM

I'm yo yo ing a bit. I lost 10 the first week he went in and now I'm back at my "normal" weight which is biiiiig. I told him and his response was "If you wanna lose then go get it baby but I love you the same either way" I'm just afraid he's gonna come home all buff since he's going into shock most likely (right now he's 5'11" and 165, I'm 5'7" and 283) and I'll feel like a cow. He says he likes his women to have meat on their bones though so it's good he's got me either way.

I have stopped drinking pop 24/7 and been on a big water kick, hopefully I can lose a few before he comes out of shock.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:30 PM
♥♥♥He is HOME!!!!♥♥♥
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,122 Times in 707 Posts

My boyfriend got taken away August 10th of this year, and I have put on 20 pounds already since then!!! I will work it off, but it is hard sometimes to be motivated to do so... I will get my a$$ on it for sure though a few months before he is home. I have already dropped a few but I need to lose some more!!! He says it is alright as long as it goes to my butt & thighs!!! He loves me regardless & knows I cant cook quiet like him!!!

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life a thousand reasons to smile"

Old 12-15-2007, 03:47 PM
In a good place!
Donation Award 

Me and my man are a MWI couple. Since ive met him, i have put on some pounds, but it isnt due to im being in, but because when i met him i was a post person and was very active with my job. Since we have been together there was a spell where i wasnt working and was at home inactive, and now im working where im not active (desk job), so the weight has been creeping on!