Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: How many pounds have you put on?
5-10 lbs. 167 11.83%
10-20 lbs. 213 15.08%
20-plus 286 20.25%
I actually lost weight 515 36.47%
I weigh the same as when I met him 231 16.36%
Voters: 1412. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crone2004
Gemini Gem, I am sorry. I did not mean to imply that you were offering a fad diet. I quoted your post to say that I agreed with you about the veggies, etc. The rest of my post was just sharing my personal thoughts about eating, etc.
I didn't even take it like that. I'm looking for a lifestyle change. That I can do day in and day out. And yours sounds good
Old 11-14-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm Wifey
Donation Award 

Okay-- So Help Me To Understand..(im A Lil Slow).... The Vinegar Pills Will Do What? And In How Long?

Old 11-15-2007, 01:50 PM
What Would Miss Jay Do?

Exclamation

Weight Watchers (the points system) is easy to follow, does not require drastic changes in your eating habits (besides portion sizes) and the information can be found free online--everything you need. I did this 5 years ago and lost 90 pounds in a year and a half.

Nutri System also works!
Old 11-15-2007, 03:24 PM

I have probably posted here somewhere but am here again.
I walk 2 miles a day and have toned up alot. I have dropped a size and thought, "oh I must have really dropped the pounds". Went to Dr. today and have not lost a friggin pound, in fact, gained. I nearly flipped out.. How can I drop the size, tone and yet gain.. This is tiresome.. I am thinking of weightwatchers or sewing my lips up, which ever comes first.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdinghimdown
Me and my girlfriend are going to detox by eating fruits and veggies for 7 days .... my brother said they made him do it at the gym ..we can be each other support team ..WHAT DO U THINK?
I would like to try this, I know of a women who lost a lot of weight this way and she said that she felt better now than in her whole life time.
My question is if we do fruits and veggies, what about the meat and chocolate that I love??????????
Old 11-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Donation Award 

You ready LADIES!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by holdinghimdown; 11-15-2007 at 04:31 PM..
Old 11-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Donation Award 

Also ladies i forgot...if you can check out WALK AWAY THE POUNDS-3MILES @ wal-mart (DVD)...its real good...no excuse because its getting cold

Last edited by holdinghimdown; 11-15-2007 at 04:30 PM..
Old 11-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Donation Award 

Weightwatchers is good ...Nutrisystems food sucks...did not like the fact that food did not have to be in the frig. ...everything taste like cornmeal

Last edited by holdinghimdown; 11-15-2007 at 04:30 PM..
Old 11-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Donation Award 

NO MEATS or CHOCOLATE, lilithinwaiting...read my previous post ....We will start on the Sun after Thanksgiving!!! I will post a thread so we can keep encouraging each other...it going to get real hard ladies...so cheack my profile to see where i post it
Old 11-15-2007, 06:52 PM
He's home!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilithinwaiting
I have probably posted here somewhere but am here again.
I walk 2 miles a day and have toned up alot. I have dropped a size and thought, "oh I must have really dropped the pounds". Went to Dr. today and have not lost a friggin pound, in fact, gained. I nearly flipped out.. How can I drop the size, tone and yet gain.. This is tiresome.. I am thinking of weightwatchers or sewing my lips up, which ever comes first.
Keep in mind that now that you're walking and exercising you're going to build up muscle. That muscle weighs more than fat does so it's quite possible to be losing fat off your body but the scale will go up. When I get a client that is new to exercise I ask them to put away the scale for about 6 weeks because it can be VERY discouraging. The better way is to judge how your clothes fit and how you feel energy-wise. Keep it up, you're on the right track!!
Old 11-15-2007, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdinghimdown
Weightwatchers is good ...Nutrisystems food sucks...did not like the fact that food did not have to be in the frig. ...everything taste like cornmeal
Nutrisystem is so freaking nasty I tried the eggs. I threw up just from the smell. Then some got on my hands. It looks nasty. It smalls nasty and it taste nasty. I see why you lose weigh on the system. Because you can't eat the food, Ill!
Old 11-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilithinwaiting
I would like to try this, I know of a women who lost a lot of weight this way and she said that she felt better now than in her whole life time.
My question is if we do fruits and veggies, what about the meat and chocolate that I love??????????
LOL! No chocolate - no meat.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Jacque's Queen

I have put on 10 pounds and I know that a lot of it is because of him not being here with me.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:52 AM

I've gained about 10#. I think. Don't know for sure...I refuse to get on a scale!
My guy gets out in late spring. So, implementing my healthy living routine now.
Looking so forward to the homecomming...
Old 11-16-2007, 03:48 AM
RT (R)

I have the opposite problem. I cant eat. When I get stressed or upset it makes me gag. So since my fiance went in 3 months ago, I have lost 20 pounds. Which is great, but if I lose much more I will be under weight, which is just as unhealthy as being over weight. I have started trying to eat just a little bit several times a day and that has helped some. Its just so hard for me to try and be healthy when I get depressed about missing him so much.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:06 PM
I'm Wifey
Donation Award 

what about the vinegar pills??? will we be doing that during our fruit and veggies week????

Old 11-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Donation Award 

IMHO if you eat your fruits and veggies you don't need the vinegar pills. Just eat the way nature intended.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:21 PM

what does the vinegar pills do exactly?
Old 11-18-2007, 11:12 PM
I'm Wifey
Donation Award 

i think the acidity of the pill is suppose to help break down the fat before you eat--- or something like that

Old 11-19-2007, 08:42 AM
He's home!!

Some people claim that apple cider vinegar pills are the cure to end all ails. But whatever...as far as weight loss goes...they balance the pH levels in your stomach so that your food breaks down and digests better. That way you are getting more nutrients from the food which in turn makes your body and metabolism run better. They also help to detoxify your liver which again helps to rev up your metabolism. Another claim is that because of the fibre in them, your appetite is appeased for longer so you don't feel the need to eat as frequently.
I worked in a health food and supplement store for many years and also when the apple cider started making a come back. A lot of people wanted it to be a quick fix solution. It is meant to supplement a diet of healthy eating and exercise not take the place of it. And just like any supplement it is not something that you want to be on permanently because your body gets used to it just like anything else.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:17 AM

I take them because I have trouble digesting my food. Which has caused me to gain weight in the mid section. This has been a problem for years. I was sluggish and sick all the time. As I get older, aches and pains also became a problem because of my food break down. Or lack of. I'm not a heavy eater. But what ever I eat, I have problems digesting. It's not a "diet pill". It has helped me by breaking my food down and I'm able to get rid of waste properly. I now have energy. I now have a metabolism that works. I'm not using them as a quick fix. But I have nothing but great results. I'm enjoying seeing the changes.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm Wifey
Donation Award 

describe the new changes you are seeing. are the changes in the midsec tion? where did you buy your vinegar pills from? how long did it take to see changes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Gem
I take them because I have trouble digesting my food. Which has caused me to gain weight in the mid section. This has been a problem for years. I was sluggish and sick all the time. As I get older, aches and pains also became a problem because of my food break down. Or lack of. I'm not a heavy eater. But what ever I eat, I have problems digesting. It's not a "diet pill". It has helped me by breaking my food down and I'm able to get rid of waste properly. I now have energy. I now have a metabolism that works. I'm not using them as a quick fix. But I have nothing but great results. I'm enjoying seeing the changes.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:14 PM

I have gained weight and I dont like it. I have just told him that it just gives him more work to do when he does get home. He gets to work this weight back off me....lol. He loves me just the way I am and always will love me, but it is me that doesnt like it. It isnt because I eat alot, it is because I dont eat the right things and at the right times. I am trying to get better to help myself. You have to love yourself before someone else can love you.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:18 PM
love my muffin

My weight has stayed the same since we met.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:07 AM
love . sweet . love

lilithin, don't sweat it. you said you toned up and got smaller in size. well, isn't that what you want? who cares what the number on the scale says!

you are HEALTHIER b/c you are exercising!
you are TONED ... so sexier and firmer!
you are SMALLER ... so you'll feel feminine and wonderful in his arms.

good measurements of health are your body fat percentage, your tape measure, your resting heart rate, etc...not that dang number on the scale! keep up those walks!