Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: How many pounds have you put on?
5-10 lbs. 167 11.83%
10-20 lbs. 213 15.08%
20-plus 286 20.25%
I actually lost weight 515 36.47%
I weigh the same as when I met him 231 16.36%
Voters: 1412. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Impatiently waiting..

When he went in I had just had our baby two weeks earlier. I gained 40lbs with this baby and by the time he was gone I had already dropped 30lbs, that was all just part of my appetite change after having the baby. Since then (6 months ago) I've lost an additional 12lbs. I can't eat when I'm stressed! He doesn't want me to get to thin, and says that I'm just perfect, but being so stressed all the time has got me skipping meals!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Waiting for Mr. Jackson

I have gained 30lbs lol. I thought I was the only one. Since sex is not and has not been apart of my life I use food to get satisfaction. I love food!! But I will lose it I got about 22 months to lose it. He really does not care if I am my size now or bigger or smaller.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:08 PM
I'm Wifey
Donation Award 

i put on so much damn weight that he is suggesting i exercise .... that s bad when your man spends a 15 inute phone call talking about the foods i should buy to eat!!!...( leave the mcdonalds alone nikka!)

Old 11-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Donation Award 

With this hearing for the new federal guidelines for crack/cocaine i have to get crackin...COME ON LADIES!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 01:18 AM
Patience

So when he first got picked up I lost nearly 10 lbs in a week, but I am chubby so that is not surprising being as I could NOT eat.

Then I started adjusting and oh gained it all back.

Now I am thinking there is no distractions in my life and the midnight snack attack needs to stop and have lost 5 pounds again - yay.

I am NOT getting married looking like this - cant do it. I know he does not care either way but I will not wear a wedding dress until I am down to a healthy weight - and there is my BLAH.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:11 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdinghimdown
Me and my girlfriend are going to detox by eating fruits and veggies for 7 days .... my brother said they made him do it at the gym ..we can be each other support team ..WHAT DO U THINK?
This is the way I generally eat anyway. It's much healthier than eating all the processed stuff they pass off as food these days. Good luck with that!
Old 11-13-2007, 10:47 AM
always his sunshine

I've lost weight. When he went in I was 198 now I'm 165. Because of my height i still wear the same size. He says it's cool as long as i dont lose any more weight.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:28 AM

i wasnt with my man until he was down for several years but have known him a long time. we were together before but went separate ways and now found eachother again. anyways, i was on a strict diet when i got in contact with him a couple of years ago and lost quit a bit of weight but i kinda fell off track but my man loves me just the way i am. he loves my fluffiness and asks me to please dont lose anymore. he encourages me though to stay healthy and sends me lil schedules to stay heart healthy, he used to be a personal trainer when he was out. hes always telling me how perfect i am and all the reasons why he loves me soooo much. he says he will help me if it will help me be more comfortable with myself but if i want to lose weight for him then please dont do it, he loves my thickness so ok then. i do try to stay at the weight i am at least and work out and excercise and eat right as much as possible. i could never get past a size 14 and now i know why, god made me just for him and to him im perfect! heehee!

free at last, free at last, thank GOD almighty i'm free at last! not him, ME!
Old 11-13-2007, 11:41 AM
He's home!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdinghimdown
Me and my girlfriend are going to detox by eating fruits and veggies for 7 days .... my brother said they made him do it at the gym ..we can be each other support team ..WHAT DO U THINK?
This is not specifically aimed at holdinghimdown but for anyone that is considering going on a detox program or one of these fad diets that have you cutting out entire food groups. If you are on ANY kind of medication, check with your doctor or pharmacist before starting something like this please. Some medications do need the nutrients and fats from other food sources to be soluble and effective.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:54 PM

Apple Cider Vinegar is all I have to say ladies.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Gem
Apple Cider Vinegar is all I have to say ladies.
Tried that one time! Gagged for what seemed like forever!!

When I eat raw food (as outlined in my earlier post) my skin is gorgeous, my weight is down, I'm off every one of my medications (with the consent of my doctor), I breathe easier, sleep better, my hair grew back, I have more energy, etc. After reviewing all of my lab work and conducting a full physical exam my PCP has encouraged me to continue to eat this way. She said she had never seen such a transformation. Now, all I need to do is get back to 100% raw again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Crone For This Useful Post:
liveweyerd (04-20-2017)
Old 11-13-2007, 02:11 PM
"Blessed"

That is so funny I have gained about 30 pounds doing the same thing and I sent him pics and he said that he didnt mind. But he has lost 65 pounds and so I am hitting the gym now because if God says the same he will be home in March 08!
Old 11-13-2007, 02:13 PM
"Blessed"

I have apple vinger in the fridge right now and dont know what to do with it can you please help me?
Old 11-13-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crone2004
Tried that one time! Gagged for what seemed like forever!!
Me too. Now I take the pills. Raw veggies. I mean, I know about lettuce and carrots. What else could you eat raw and still enjoy it? Broccoli is good with dip.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:17 PM

Default I gained

I have actually gained since we met, but considering it has been 16.5 years and 3 kids later, that is to be expected.

LMAO

MFBD
Old 11-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Me too. Now I take the pills. Raw veggies. I mean, I know about lettuce and carrots. What else could you eat raw and still enjoy it? Broccoli is good with dip.
I eat at least one large green salad a day. Now, in that salad I put things like grapes, cukes, tomatoes, raisins, mushrooms, etc. I either have fresh fruit or a smoothie for breakfast. (Don't use milk in your smoothies. There are too many hormones in it that are harmful to you. Milk also causes congestion in the body. I use one banana and then another fruit [a mango, maybe blueberries or strawberries - just a handful], just enough water in the blender to get things to move around and then once it is mixed I add some ice because I like my beverages cold. There is all kinds of information on the web but my favorite place to go is www.rawschool.com. Fruit gives you plenty of energy to get you through the day. Oh, you could also google Alissa Cohen. She has a forum for those who are eating raw.

This is not one of those fad diets. This is the way the body was designed to eat. We ate raw fresh fruits and veggies long, long before fire was even invented. What isn't normal, in my opinion, is eating food that comes out of boxes, microwaves and fast food drive thru windows.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Greg's Wifey

At first I lost a little weight cause I couldnt eat. Now I am just not eating right, just eating junk, so I have put on a few

Old 11-13-2007, 02:39 PM

Quote:
I eat at least one large green salad a day. Now, in that salad I put things like grapes, cukes, tomatoes, raisins, mushrooms, etc. I either have fresh fruit or a smoothie for breakfast. (Don't use milk in your smoothies. There are too many hormones in it that are harmful to you. Milk also causes congestion in the body. I use one banana and then another fruit [a mango, maybe blueberries or strawberries - just a handful], just enough water in the blender to get things to move around and then once it is mixed I add some ice because I like my beverages cold. There is all kinds of information on the web but my favorite place to go is www.rawschool.com. Fruit gives you plenty of energy to get you through the day. Oh, you could also google Alissa Cohen. She has a forum for those who are eating raw.

This is not one of those fad diets. This is the way the body was designed to eat. We ate raw fresh fruits and veggies long, long before fire was even invented. What isn't normal, in my opinion, is eating food that comes out of boxes, microwaves and fast food drive thru windows.
I know for a fact it isn't normal. Not to take the thread down south but... Any I said ANYthing I eat outside, I become sick. So I know I am suppose to be eating my food el natural. My digestive track is shot too. But the vinegar pills have helped ALOT! I'm gonna start slow with the raw veggie diet. I can do salads. I put everything in them.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:51 AM
Donation Award 

Post What?

Okay ladies...the 7 DAY veggies and fruit is to shrink your stomach...you know the one that is really the size of your fist that we have stretched because we stuff burgers and fries in them...be a vegetarian for a week...fast in a different way (going with out something-your something is meat)...If your stomach is smaller you will get full quicker...so you won't eat as much...how ever you want to put it...You can have salad,raw and cooked veggies, fresh fruit canned fruit, etc...put what you want in jyour salad just no meat...beets, brocc., sugar snap peas,carrots,corn,grapes...use your imagination...never new i like frozen grapes until i tried them...whatever...fat free dressing of course on the salad...eat 12 bananas lol...eat as much as you want as long as it is fruits and veggies...this is not a fad...some people eat like this all the time i am just saying 7DAYS ...ever seen a 300 lb. vegetarian...if so i haven't...its funny cause i went to the club this weekend...now i know what my man likes your man might like big girls Mike does not...and i would be pretty upset if one of those skinny hoes took my man from me cause he did not like to look at me with no clothes on...when he out he can look but can't touch because his skinny wife will be home wanting for him

forgot to add...just maybe some of you all on meds can come off...my doc already told me that if i lost weight i could come off my blood pressure meds...everybody is different...its seems CRONE2004 got the right idea

Last edited by holdinghimdown; 11-14-2007 at 03:00 AM..
Old 11-14-2007, 07:32 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
But the vinegar pills have helped ALOT!
Vinegar pills????
Old 11-14-2007, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Vinegar pills????
Yes, there are apple cider vinegar capsules.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:45 AM
Donation Award 

That's why I like coming here. I learn something new every day. Thanks!
Old 11-14-2007, 07:49 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
I know for a fact it isn't normal. Not to take the thread down south but... Any I said ANYthing I eat outside, I become sick. So I know I am suppose to be eating my food el natural. My digestive track is shot too. But the vinegar pills have helped ALOT! I'm gonna start slow with the raw veggie diet. I can do salads. I put everything in them.
Gemini Gem, I am sorry. I did not mean to imply that you were offering a fad diet. I quoted your post to say that I agreed with you about the veggies, etc. The rest of my post was just sharing my personal thoughts about eating, etc.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:21 AM

I have went up a size, not sure how much weight I have gained. Pooky loves me as I am, he tells me as long as I feel healthy that he is happy with the way I am (he has always been a man who loves thick women.....). Even though Im a big girl, I feel (and he is always complimenting) I keep my appearance up pretty well. He tells me..."Baby you can tone up if you want but don't you ever loose that junk in your trunk"

After 4.5 years...We made it... Feb 11th 2008- I have no clue where I am going from here

Old 11-14-2007, 05:04 PM

Well, Handsome never said anything about my weight. It's me that complains. And he kindly said, if you don't like it, do something about it. And what ever you decide to do I'm here with you. Because sometimes I let my complaining get in the way. So for the women that have gained a huge amount of weight, even if your man isn't "saying" anything about it, try to stop gaining and start losing. I hear all the time, she didn't look like that when we first started dating. Believe me, it will be an issue. And for the ones that were already heavy and had issues. Please try to loose weight before he comes home. Because a healthy you makes a healthy relationship