Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:39 PM

Default Big Springs FCI

I have a loved one in the Camp in Big Springs, he's grateful to be out from behind the "wall". He's spent 18 months there and says it's not too bad, but has seen some trouble in the main facility...not that he's had much experience in prison before. He's still got about 5 years there and seems to be doing ok. Have not heard about not being fed or such. I get regular correspondence from my loved one and not gotten any indication of mis treatment. I'm finally able to get up there and visit, we have had friends stop in to see him and they have given the "a-ok" on what they've seen. Hope it doesn't take you as long to see your loved one as it has me. Weekends are visitation times, keep that in mind. Best wishes.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2010, 11:19 PM

Going in next month.... Does the camp have the Email System. Also how is the food and educational programs at the camp
Old 06-03-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclayton567 View Post
Going in next month.... Does the camp have the Email System. Also how is the food and educational programs at the camp

From the research I've done, I believe they do not have email and are not planning on anytime soon, at least that's what they said when I called there. My boyfriend will be going there soon as well, and I would also appreciate any info anyone has.

Thanks.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:50 PM

Does anyone have any updated info on FCI Big Springs? My brother is being transferred there. Heard a lot of bad things about it. He will be in low security so not sure that makes a difference. Any info would be great!
Old 06-12-2010, 10:17 PM

Yea I was looking for some info on the LOW as well. So of someone is getting to Big Springs, TX low- could that be the either the federal place or the privately owned, is one better than the other? Does anyone know things like do they have email, or do they have weights there? Any other info would be great too!! thanks in advance!!
Old 06-24-2010, 02:06 PM

My uncle is at Big Springs in the fleightline unit, idk if thats the federal place or the privatly owned??? But he likes it he says that its an old hotel and that they have more freeedom, he likes it... Im not sure but I thought it was mainly for immigrants finishing out their term then they get deported from there??? Can somebody help confirm or correct me???
Old 06-30-2010, 12:16 PM

Yes Ruby you are right, Big Springs Flightline is a privately owned facility contracted by the Federal Bureau of Prisons to house low security inmates that will be deported after serving their federal sentence. I have also been told that the facility is passable, good food, a large outside and indoor excercise area, only one negative point besides being in prison period is that it gets very hot in summer months with no air conditioner, just a few swamp cooler type units in facility that do not cool exterior buildings sufficiently. Also the population of inmates seem to all get along and there are very few gang members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubycelia View Post
My uncle is at Big Springs in the fleightline unit, idk if thats the federal place or the privatly owned??? But he likes it he says that its an old hotel and that they have more freeedom, he likes it... Im not sure but I thought it was mainly for immigrants finishing out their term then they get deported from there??? Can somebody help confirm or correct me???

Old 07-08-2010, 09:12 PM

Default First visit to Camp at Big Spring

Just visited my husband at the camp in Big Spring (first visit - he went in on June 14th) and was pleasantly surprised. The visits are very laid back, okay to hold hands, etc. and you are free to roam anywhere both inside and outside in the visitor building. My husband was even allowed to take our toddler into the bathroom for a diaper change (he missed doing things like that) The camp grounds are sort of like an actual "campsite" with separate buildings for inmate lodging, education, food service, etc. Inmates are allowed to walk wherever they need to go on the grounds and there is not a fence surrounding this facility. For overnight visitors, there is a brand new Hampton Inn 5 minutes from the camp and has decent rates and an indoor pool for the kids. There isn't really anything else for them to do around this town - beware. Driving from Dallas was a 4 1/2 hr trip with a 20 minute stop. I will be there once a month for the next two years....first trip and visit was nice.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:53 PM

Do anyone have information on Big Spring FCI now?
Old 07-19-2010, 11:16 PM

What do you want to know about Big Spring FCI? My husband was there for about 20 months and i would go visit him often.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Donation Award 

Default Anybody with anything on Big Spring Tx. FCI

I was just sentenced to 12 months and I was wanting to know about Big Spring FCI. Do they have email, How is the food, is there healthcare worth anything, is there dental? Any info whatsoever even if it is other than the above questions will be greatly appreciated.
Gratefully,
Paulie
Old 10-21-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulieai View Post
I was just sentenced to 12 months and I was wanting to know about Big Spring FCI. Do they have email, How is the food, is there healthcare worth anything, is there dental? Any info whatsoever even if it is other than the above questions will be greatly appreciated.
Gratefully,
Paulie
My husband has been in the Satellite Camp at FCI Big Spring for nearly 2 1/2 years now. I expect with such a short sentence you are going to the camp as well. They do not have email but expect to get it in November. The food is ok.....only ok. Their helthcare is also ok...only. I think if you have a dental emergency they will get you to a dentist, but not until then. There is not alot to do there so you have alot of down time. Not good when you want it to pass fast.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:45 AM

Still no email in Big Spring, but the may get it soon if they haven't already....
Old 12-19-2010, 08:06 PM

Default any info

Quote:
Originally Posted by camposncali View Post
What do you want to know about Big Spring FCI? My husband was there for about 20 months and i would go visit him often.
Can you tell me any info on FCI Big Springs. my bf will ss next month?
Gangs? visitation...can he take class? how are the co's?

Thanks
Old 12-29-2010, 10:13 AM

My report date is next month to FCI Big Springs minimum camp and I was just wondering if anyone has any updates? Email, Conditions, etc.

Last edited by tictoc14; 12-29-2010 at 10:49 AM..
Old 12-29-2010, 10:29 AM

Default FCI Big Spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexsandra View Post
Just want to know how is this prision ?
Is it good ?
Is it true they do not feed them?
My hubby has been in MDC Brooklyn he did 4 yrs and 4 yrs in Fort Dix and now he is being sent to FCI Big Spring in Dalles anyone want to share any information it will be a great help just want to feel a little better and don`t think all negative things they tell me about FCI Big Spring.
Please Thanx
My boyfriend has been there 8 months and well it is prison. Overcrowded 2 times the capacity and don't let your husband get sick. No medical. Let's just say we are working hard after his management variable is up to get him moved.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:31 AM

Google Big Spring FCI you can get alot of info that way. Let's just say it is not the best one out there. But everyone is on their best behavior as it is a LOW.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycesgirl View Post
Google Big Spring FCI you can get alot of info that way. Let's just say it is not the best one out there. But everyone is on their best behavior as it is a LOW.
I ma actually assigned to the Minimum Camp. Any info on that facility?
Old 12-29-2010, 11:25 AM

Default Big Spring Camp

My husband is at the Big Spring Camp. It is not bad, from what he tells me! We have never been anywhere else, so how it compares to others we do not know. So far, they sometimes do not have heat or hot water, they have very old buildings. And from what we understand it is hot hot hot in the summer, we haven't expericenced summer there yet. I have only been able to visit once, and this was the only time visiting a prison, so again how it compare to other places I don't know. Our visit was nice, we were able to hold hands the entire visit. we were able to walk outside if we wanted to. Compared to what I read the visit was very laid back! There are several nice hotels in Big Springs for visitors. Not much for local entertainment, closest big city is Midland about 20 minutes away. The camp does have e-mail -corlinks. My husband has a job, and minds his own business. The other guys seem to be helpful, no one wants to get in trouble! I hope this helps you. Good luck.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:49 AM

Default Thank you.

That information is very helpful. I hope that his time is moving swiftly and peacefully. I will be there in 2 weeks. At least it is comforting to hear that it is safe. IF you can think of anything else to add please let me know. I am nervous as all get out and ready to get it over with.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3missesdaddy View Post
Just visited my husband at the camp in Big Spring (first visit - he went in on June 14th) and was pleasantly surprised. The visits are very laid back, okay to hold hands, etc. and you are free to roam anywhere both inside and outside in the visitor building. My husband was even allowed to take our toddler into the bathroom for a diaper change (he missed doing things like that) The camp grounds are sort of like an actual "campsite" with separate buildings for inmate lodging, education, food service, etc. Inmates are allowed to walk wherever they need to go on the grounds and there is not a fence surrounding this facility. For overnight visitors, there is a brand new Hampton Inn 5 minutes from the camp and has decent rates and an indoor pool for the kids. There isn't really anything else for them to do around this town - beware. Driving from Dallas was a 4 1/2 hr trip with a 20 minute stop. I will be there once a month for the next two years....first trip and visit was nice.
How was the weather in June? HOT?
Old 12-29-2010, 01:06 PM

I hear the camp is much nicer than the actual prison. 28 months, your right it is a lot more laid back. My bf's biggest complaint is the summer, but good luck to all I hope it goes well.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:15 PM

Question Fci big spring, tx

I am starting this thread for anyone with any news, information, complaints, ect... on FCI BIG SPRING. I am already aware of most of what is going on there, but not everything. My b/f is there for the next 12 months. We write and or talk at least twice a week. So please if there is anything to share feel free. ANYTHING is helpful. Thank you!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:33 PM

Default FCI Big Springs, Texas

Does anyone have info on the FCI federal facility in Big Springs? What's it like? Good, bad, OK???? My son may be headed there.
Thanks..
Old 06-28-2011, 08:51 PM

Superstar of the Year 

Thanked 4,950 Times in 3,184 Posts

I have moved your thread to PTO's Federal Forums in hopes that you will get more info! Good luck!

[/color][/size][/center]

The Following User Says Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:
mallafri (11-09-2012)