Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

View Poll Results: how do i get to elkton prison from new york?
transportation from new york to elkton prison 2 100.00%
how do i get to elkton prison from new york? 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2007, 05:37 AM

Elkton does not have email. They dont seem to have much of anything. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Transpotation to Elkton prison from new york

Can someone please help me? i live in new york and my boyfriend is being sent to elkton prison. i dont know how to get there. can someone please tell me what transportation i can take from new york to lisbon ohio... is there a bus i can take , plane or train.. and if i take a plane are there any shuttles that take you straight to the prison? please any help
Old 07-21-2007, 11:27 PM

Thanked 4,123 Times in 1,529 Posts

I am sorry i did not see your post sooner.
There is no shuttle. If you want to pm me i can tell you more. It is in the middle of no where, the towns are spread apart. I do not no about a bus. I don't think you could take a bus.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:10 AM
Account Closed

Hi,
I don't live to far from Elkton, maybe 45 minutes. You could take a Plane into Pittsburgh, rent a car and drive to Elkton. Bo is right it's in the middle of no where. I would think the Greyhound might go into Lisbon or Columbiana. PM me and we can see if we can't figure something out for you.

T~
Old 07-22-2007, 08:38 PM

HuGzz 'N StUff,
I forgot there might be a bus to columbiana. I loved that little town. I saw the Christmas decorations. All the Dickens characters, It was own every corner. Almost looked like real people.
I no the man at the Hannah Klaire where I stay said for a small fee he would pick up people at pittsburg. Of course I don't no what a small fee means. But he is a nice man.
I hope you can get to see your Boyfriend from New York Just let us no we can give you directions. I have been there 3 times. Once to take my brother and 2 times to visit. I drive from North Alabama.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Account Closed

Bo,
I don't have a boyfriend from New York. My husband is in Youngstown at OSP. Well, I would find out how much that small fee is!! Yikes! I have lot's of family outside of Jasper, Alabama.

T~
Old 07-23-2007, 07:27 PM

Hi
My husband is in the process of going to Elkton too I've seen quite a few posts from different ones of you who have loved ones at Elkton. I'd like to correspond with you
Old 07-23-2007, 08:31 PM

Hi nanamc03,
I don't think they have it there yet. My brother is there and he would sure no. I will answer any question i can. Just PM me or post here.
It is good we can all keep in contact with each other. We need a buddy system. I meet treyswifey the last time i was there.
Sarah - tell your friend to join pto with us.
formerMIgirl--I would like to hear from you also.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:18 AM

Hi Bo - you are right about the buddy system - that would be nice.
Anyone heading to Elkton this weekend???? I'm going on Friday. I understand the new Warden is tough. Anyone else heard?
Old 07-24-2007, 07:44 AM

I wish I could go. There is so much going on with my family here I need to stay around. I haven't heard anything yet about him. My brother said he thought it would be for the good! He tryed to call me sat morning and i pushed 5 like it says 2 times!! It didn't go thru! Said this call was rejected! I did not reject push 7!! Anyone got any suggestion? I need to call someone, about this. He has not called back. That is so not like my brother. He usually calls me back. I want go anywhere afraid he will call.
Do i need to call the Bellsouth or ATT? oR THE PRISON??
Old 07-24-2007, 07:36 PM

HuGZ,
Jasper is about 45 miles south of me. I was refering to the lady from New york, hoping she would contact us back, so we could help her. I gues she found her answers. The people here have been so helpful to me, the least i can do is give it back. Stop by if you ever come to Jasper
Old 07-24-2007, 08:55 PM

Bo - you need to call the prison. I've had that happen a couple of times - kept pushing 5 but it wouldn't go through. My husband used a different phone and it went through. If you're concerned though, call the prison. It's on their end, not Bell South. Hopefully, maybe you've heard back from him by now. I'm going there Friday - I'll let you know what I hear.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:16 PM

I did cantbe, I called the prison this evening, they were very nice. Of course they transfered me to his counselor she was very nice to me Of course there was not a block. She saw where he tried to call me sat. But anyway, i don't no why he has not called me back. I was hestiant to call but i did, hope it dont get him in trouble.
I will pm you.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:29 PM

hey ladies am so sorry i didnt reply sooner.. i was caught up with alot of school work. and spending my last days i have with him...So far you guys helped me out alot. i guess when i go out there ill take a plane. and then i guess well am still not to sure about what i would do if i take a plane.. because as of now i do not drive so renting a car is not an option .. Help
Old 07-28-2007, 08:54 PM

I went last weekend to Elkton and the CO's are on some serious power trips there. REAL STRICT. I think the metal detector is turned to super high or something. Just make sure you've got no metal on anything. Wash your hands and bring a sweatshirt. My fiance's grandma was shivering!

As for the phone issue, I've never really had any problems except for that the phone's lost a signal or I can't hear my man very well.

BO- relax, I don't think you got him in trouble.

~Nelly Furtado, "Wait for you"

Old 07-28-2007, 09:56 PM

They are own a real roll!! Had a search of one of the other buildings, put everyone in the yard! tested people for drugs. A guard was suppose to be on tape br-inging it in!! Going to get the other buildings next.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:11 PM

I posted this same question on a different spot, but it seems all I hear about Elkton it makes it look like it is one of the worst ones out there. My husbadn is still"in transit" to Ohio and I feel so bad because Jesup was actually was really nice(as far as prisons go) and it was a medium. He only transfered because I wanted to him to be closer so I could visit since I am in Michigan. I hate that he will be in a place that sounds so bad. I thought that his getting bump to low would be a good thing but it seems like it's worse. Also any idea on how long transfers take? They have him going all over the country to get to Ohio. Irt's already been almost 4 weeks. I am hoping that he will be there by the second week of August so I can visit. And the hotels around there seem so high. Anyone going middle to late august I would love to hear from so maybe we can half a room. So this is soo long just have sooo many questions.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:19 PM

FormerMIgirl,
I am sorry about your husband, going to fed. But i don't see a problem with Elkton, they are doing routine checks. Yes there are good and bad in all. He just has to mind his on bussiness and not get mixed up in the bussiness of others, And by all mean respect the rules of the prison. I have posted the names of the Hotels there, beside the Lisbon Inn. They are not that expensive, for 1 person. Just click on my name and read my posting. There are phone # and you can call The Hannah Klaire motel and the Forila ask them about price. They are about 29.00 for 1 person.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:24 PM

He's been in long enough to know how to stay out of trouble. He has never had any major problems in 10 years so as long as the guards are fair enough then I don't see him getting in troub;e. What's all the stuff about the warden? I keep reading that one was a tirant then they brought in a new one and he's bad too?
Old 07-29-2007, 12:40 PM

Here is some information the 9 posting. I no we are getting more people going to Elkton and I want you all to no what is there. Some of these post get lost. So take notes everyone, phone# Names, etc,
Old 07-29-2007, 10:52 PM

That place is on some serious BS. They raided my man's room a week ago because his stupid roommate was selling people cold sodas. They made everyone go outside at 6 in the morning and they tore his room apart. They went through and took a bunch of people's walkmans. They took his and stuck it in a big box with a whole bunch of others in the lieutenent's office. well, this morning he just stuck the box outside of his office and it was like "free walkmans". my fiance had his number etched in and his receipt because he was afraid they weren't going to give it back. now, he has to file a grievance that could take 3-4 months and even then he's not going to get the full $40 back that he spent on it. it's such crap. I know it's prison and not a resort but still...it's completely unfair and uncalled for. they have it bad enough. so that's more money down the drain. luckily, he was able to move into a different cube with a much more chill dude. it makes me so MAD.

As for hotels, I stayed at the hannah claire and it was $45, not $29...should've been $29. the owner is really nice though! Last time I stayed in Canfield, which is about 25/30 minutes from Lisbon. there are a bunch of hotels in one little area. fairfield inn, howard johnson, red roof, sleep inn, best western, etc. I had family with me so we split the costs. there is absolutely nothing in Lisbon.

~Nelly Furtado, "Wait for you"

Old 08-11-2007, 08:55 AM

I will be turning myself into FCI Elkton in 2 weeks. I just wanted to know how it was in there. Are there cells in there for general population or is it like open bunks? I just heard the staff there arent pretty helpful or friendly. Is there any good educational programs in there like college or vocational? Well i gotta spend the next 10 yrs in there & wanna do somethin productive for myself! I wanna know just about everything there is to know! So please help me out! Thank you!
Old 08-11-2007, 09:40 AM

My brother is there, has been almost a year. The food is awful. As far as i no they are 3 men to a cell. A lot of times it is by age, like the over 45 is in different part, It is a very strict place to be. Just follow the rules. I no they have Unicor for jobs and also some cleasses. There is a walking yard. They have a reck yard where they play ball, and other sports.
I am sorry but i can't give you much information, Somone will come along and fill in the blanks. They took there microwaves about 4 mo ago. You just don't owe anyone, respect the guards and the warden. Don;t get caught up in the drama, The warden said--If I don't no your name then everything is fine. He meant stay out of trouble.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:58 AM

We have about 9-10 people own here who have someone in Elkton, they will help you. There was not that many when I started out on the board. You can pm me if you like. Do you have family? If so this place is where they need to come for strenght and incourgament, to get thru this with you.
Are you going to the low? Such as camp? It was over crowed a few months back. It must be ok now. I see a lot of others going there. Maybe we can help answer your questions.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:09 AM

Default turning myself into fci elkton! need info please!!

im headed to fci elkton in 2 weeks to serve a 10 yr sentence! please give me some info on how it is up in there! thanx!