Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

View Poll Results: how do i get to elkton prison from new york?
transportation from new york to elkton prison 2 100.00%
how do i get to elkton prison from new york? 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2007, 10:00 PM

Hi Elkton Group - I'm driving there tomorrow (7 Hrs.) to visit Thursday & Friday evening. I'll say a prayer for all of you when I'm there.

By the way, Warden is gone as of last Friday .. for sure this time.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2007, 09:29 PM

Hello everybody, I'm probably going to be making the trek out to Elkton in a few weeks. I was going to rent a car and drive the 7 hours there. Please let us all know how your visits went. My fiance was FINALLY moved out of the shu. Whew! He was able to call me today! Although he sounded sad and depressed, he was able to exercise and get some fresh air. It was so good to hear his voice. Thank you for for keeping him in your prayers!!

~Nelly Furtado, "Wait for you"

Old 05-03-2007, 10:12 PM

Thanked 4,123 Times in 1,529 Posts

Hi Lady's,
My brother called and said they were slowely getting people out, in to cells. They are sure crowed. Said every thing is ok. I se they did get the new warden he said they were. I hope the food changes. I just can't imagine haven't to be there day in and day out.
I want to go up soon, but just don't no yet when. The gas is so expensive. Also I can't go alone. Its too far. Maybe I will fly. I am dreaming for a while!
Cantbe, I hope your visit goes well. You let us no how thing are when you get back.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Going to Elkton

Just wanted to say I will be going to Elkton, Ohio to visit my brother today. My sister just called and she said I am off from work the nexxt 4 days! I said lets go see our brother!! So off we go as soon as she gets off tonight. Pray FOR US OLD FOLK being on the road. He wil sure be suprised, This is a spur of the minute thing. I love those kind of trips. Don't plan just GO!!
Talk to you when I get back.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Rdap Fci Elkton

Could someone please explain this program? Our son is there and is considering entering this program. If accepted, what can he expect in the program? Are you reqiured to make a presentation to the group..such as info on your life, what you are incarcerated for,...? What happens in this program? If he has a successful completion, what happens after that? HFH, home confinement??? This is all so confusing. We are trying to research all that we can for him but are not really sure what questions to ask. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:12 AM

Is this the regular prison or the camp? My husband has been put into the camp at Elkton this week: this is our first experience with the prison system. He got phone privileges after 3 days, and tells me that he can only have visitors on 2 weekends a month, just Saturday and Sunday. Since this camp is "low security" rather than the minimum that all but one of the other camps in the federal system are, evidently, I can't find anything out about it. Has anyone had experience there?

He is expecting to be assigned a weekend job, which I presume implies he would therefore never have visitors. Since the prison is over 300 miles from me and our friends, and not assessible by public transportation (my vision is too poor to drive) he probably wouldn't have many, anyway, but my goodness. He is sentenced to 27 months. Doing a real good job of separating people from society, that BOP.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:32 AM

Hopefully someone will come along with more information, but this is what I know. I do not believe that they have to tell anyone what they are incarcerated for. I think that is kept confidential unless they choose to tell people themselves. RDAP is a 9 month, 500 hour program. The participants are seperated from the rest of the population. They have to take a test at the end (which from what I hear is fairly difficult) in order to pass and be released to the hwh. Participation in the program give a full 6 months at the hwh. Whether or not they get home confinement after they go to the hwh has to do with whether they get a job, and really I think it's the hwh decision. Although the judge may have recommended RDAP, it is not a guarantee that he will be accepted. If accepted, he will complete the program the last 15 months of his sentence. They will complete an interview at the prison and determine then if he is eligible for the program. If he has a gun enhancement, he will not get time off of his sentence. If not, he may get time off, but the 12 months is not a guarantee either - I read at one point that the average deduction was 8 months. That is about all I know - hope it helps
Old 05-07-2007, 09:39 AM

BO - I cannot even believe that you were sitting right across from me yesterday at visits! What a coincidence huh? It was so great to meet you and your brother and sister are so nice Who would have thought? I still cant get over it - out of all those people you guys chose to sit next to us! I hope you are having a safe drive to TN. Thanks for giving the baby those Cheetos - they are her favorite

FL - yes, my husband is 750 miles away from us. They do a GREAT job dont they? The camp is at the same place as the FCI. I believe the camp has visits on Thursday and Friday nights. If you go onto the BOP website, and find the link to Elkton, you can pull up the visiting guidelines and check them out. I am sorry there is no public transportation - Elkton is REALLY in the middle of nowhere. You can fly into Pittsburgh and it is only a 45 minute drive from there. Maybe you can meet up with someone and carpool? If you have a friend come with you, just make sure they are on the approved visitors list. Other than that, I dont know if there is anyone here that has someone in the camp - I think they are mostly at the minimum. Good luck and let me know if I can help
Old 05-07-2007, 11:31 PM

BO & TREY - Were we all there at the same time??? I was there Friday night. I got the ION scanner this time.

Hope your visits were good.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:34 PM

FLEARNING - My husband is at the FCI in Elkton. I believe that's the case with most of us here but not 100% sure. Will be glad to help you out with questions the best I can. Good luck to you.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:44 AM

Treywifey- I can't believe this either. I saw you sat morning when we drove up to hotel with the baby. But didnt no it was you. Yes I was looking for cantbe and found you sunday, I was so excited. It also made our trip. The baby is so sweet, she was good the whole time. Our brother back was hurting from sitting so we got on the road. Wonderful, wonderful visit. And God planted us across from each other!. If you talk to trey and he see my brother tell him to tell him about his niece, Just to call me. Oh I am excited we got to meet.
I got some bad news, we were about 40 miles from Cambridge, Ohio my grandson called and said--Granny they are med flighten Mom (My baby daughter 45 yrs old to Huntsville she feel off horse. So there I am 600 miles from home No nothing but MY DAUGHTER IS BEING MED FLIGHT TO HOSPITAL! I was so upset, couldnt reach anyone else for a while. Any way she has no broke bones, she is still having some black outs, and hurting real bad in right hip and back. They are keeping her for another 2 or 3 days, If the blood pooling in her hip doesnt go away they are doing a open draining and may have to try to repair torn Muscles they are hoping none tore loose from hip. She is not out of woods yet, but it sure could have been worse, They have hoarses and she had got own one bare back!! to ride, The crazy daughter!!. I had to drive all that way it was a awful feeling not being able to see for my self, about her.
Got to get some rest will keep you posted. Everyone please send up a prayer for Shirley please.
cantbe, I thought you said you were going so, All day saturday I was asking ladies are you from Illinois?? Got some weird looks!! I knew you said you were going, and I was trying yo find you! Lord, I was a mess, had drove 12 yrs. Got there at 6;30 am went to hotel Hannah Klaire the man was so good to let my sister and I check in right then and take a 2 hr nap then we went to the prison to surprise our brother, Was he ever so surprised. I said see your old sister no telling when we will show up. It was wonderful he was so happy. Sorry I missed you. I got there sat. Next time I am going to wear something you can ID me with. Like a Color.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:10 PM

My brother called yesterday so i told him about his niece, my daughter. she is still a lucky lady. She is in a lot of pain, Got to have surgery of the buttock to drain the blood, Every thing was good at Elkton. He said all the guys were concerned if his "old Sisters made it back!! They are so cool! All the cellies.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:10 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantbe
BO & TREY - Were we all there at the same time??? I was there Friday night. I got the ION scanner this time.

Hope your visits were good.

NO YOU WERENT!!! I cant believe we were all there and nobody knew about it That kind of stinks!! I was there at visits on Friday night with my crazy one and a half year old that was running all around the visiting room - did you see me?
Old 05-09-2007, 06:12 PM

BO - I will definately keep your daughter in my prayers - sounds like you had one crazy weekend.....keep us updated.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:01 PM

Hi All the Elkton ladies and gentleman,
Cantbe; I got the scanner sunday! Neat! The guard said got to make sure your not tied with ben laden!! I laughed and frowned I told him I better not have ben laden on me! I sleep by myself last night. We had a good laugh. The guards were nice. I saw ladies with open sandals there, I thought no sandals. I guess I read that wrong. No flipflops!! No Bo!!
Treywifey; Daughter will have surgery on hip tomorrow morning, She still has no feeling in left leg. Thanks for remembering her in prayer. I got to get up early get to hospital by 6;30. So glad we got to meet sunday. It was a good visit. My bro called today I saw a unknown missed call. So I no he was calling to see how Shirley is. Maybe he will call again tomorrow.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:16 PM

Trey - oh my, yes I do believe I saw you. I remember the little one because I mentioned to my daughter how it seems the children are oblivious to where they really are and just glad to see their dads. I hate we didn't get to meet.

Bo - sorry I missed you too. I'm so happy you got to see your brother ... I can tell how much you care and worry about him. I figured I'd get the scanner sooner or later. They scanned 6 of us in a row but I didn't see anyone turned away. Hope your daughter will be okay.

Okay Ladies - next time let's plan this visit better. It would be so nice for us all to meet but I'm glad the two of you have met.

So we are all home safe and sound with good visits!!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 07:44 AM

ok - I just noticed you are from Illinois - is your daughter about six maybe? When I was leaving there were people behind me waiting for their license that said they were from Illinois and we talked about the long drive and I had to fly. Was that you? LOL

Bo - It's funny you commented on the sandals....I noticed the same thing and had made a comment to Trey about it because there it was 60 degrees and I had on high heel boots...
Old 05-14-2007, 12:23 PM

Hello Ladies,

I will be traveling to Elkton this Friday!!! I was wondering about the shoe thing? Can you wear sandals, flip flops? About how much cash did you take in there with you for the card? I'm driving the 7 hours. Wish me luck!

Old 05-14-2007, 05:22 PM

Barlow - I saw women in sandals but I played it safe and didnt wear them. You can always wear them and keep regular shoes in your car just in case they say you cant wear them. A lot of times it depends on the CO. I brought in $40 for me, Trey and the baby. All there is to do is eat - lol. I cant wait to hear about it!

Drive safe!
Old 05-16-2007, 02:19 PM

Trey - no that wasn't me - my daughter is probably more like your age. sure wish i could have met you and bo but i missed her by one day - maybe next time
Old 05-17-2007, 11:56 AM
Ghetto Boo

Default federal prison in Ohio , Elkton ?

I am going to visit a friends man with her at Ohio's Death Row , I have been his freidn for many years , but also have a freind at elkton and the postmark also says youngstown , are they close any one been to this fed joint and can tell me about it ?? thanks in advance !

Old 05-18-2007, 04:00 PM

Youngstown is about 30 miles from Elkton. i dont know where Ohio State Prison is so I cant help that much - sorry. But there are a few of us here that go to Elkton...what do you need to know?
Old 05-21-2007, 12:10 PM

Hello everybody!

I just got back from my visit yesterday! It was so good to see my fiance. I got the ion scanner friday night. All he did was swipe my shoulder and I passed. The next day I watched a different co do the scan and he wiped the paper across the front and back of people's hands. On Sunday, I saw a lady fail. I hate that thing!! So nerveracking. Anyways, it was a nice visit. Elkton is in the middle of nowhere and it looked exactly like that picture on the bop website, blue skies and puffy clouds, beautiful scenery...such a paradox. Can't wait till he's outta there!!!!!

Old 07-09-2007, 12:24 AM

Default TRULINCS Available at Elkton FCI?

Does anyone know if TRULINCS(email) is available at Elkton?
My friends husband is there and his mother wanted to know since they are about 8 hours from there it would be easier and maybe cheaper than calling on the phone.
My friend is at Alderson and she has access to it there.
Also does anyone know how much it costs to use it? Thank you very much.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:38 AM

I do not know the answer but I would love to find out too. My husband is in the process of being transfered there and I live in michigan so it would be wonderful if they did.