Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Continuing and Adult Education
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Continuing and Adult Education Discuss college and continuing education.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,594 Times in 2,182 Posts
Default Majors Explored

For many, it takes a while to figure out exactly what field we may want to go into. So we try one and then when its not what we want we move on to another field .

Here are a few websites that explore majors and also let you know what jobs can be obtain with that particular degree. Some also list companies that use that degree or degrees within that field.

This one gives you the several inner majors of one of major, as well as give you facts about some of them, also tells you the careers: Majors and Careers Central

Here is one that is called majorsexplored which also goes indepth into each major. Describing the main points of the major, the career options and also the various companies that use these types of majors:majorsexplored

This one you are able to get a brief synopsis of the major, but this site also gives you the option to just enter what you want to be and it gives you the careers as well as some jobs have internship available. The con about this site is that you mainly have to know the technical term for what you want to be and not the everyday titles.
:PrincetonReview

This one goes indepth into the majors : Mymajors.com

This one give an introduction to the degree, sample of related occupations and also type of employers who are looking for those with that degree :Rutgers- College Majors and Careers

I do hope that this helps everyone out when they are doing their searches. If you know of any other please feel free to post them as well .

Thanks and good luck to all of yall who are currently attending college, looking into continuing your education, and congratulations too those who have graduated .Keep up the good and hard work. We are proud of all of you!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2007, 07:01 PM

I`m majoring in Criminal Justice.. So far so good..
after I receive my associates im going to work as a co then continue and get my bachelors to be a probation officer