Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:39 AM

Default Thanks for the information

Pammie,

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with everyone here on PrisonTalk. My best friend is at FCI Petersburg Medium facility, so I always appreciate any factual information or even a personal experience/opinion that is posted here. It all helps.....

Thanks again, bless you....

CANCENURGY
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Corey's Hermosa Mariposa

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammie41 View Post
Thank You
Is there anyone on here that has anything positive to say about anything? I spend hours reseraching federal laws everyday & federal prisons. I go to school for criminal justice & paralegal technology soon to recieve my BS. I guess me standing by my husband for 18 years off & on through his journey across the US to all types of federal prisons, that doesn't entitle me to know anything.

Thank You for your comment..it is welcomed
Well, I have something positive to say.......... I just got my approval for visitation to see my Baby in Florence, CO............ I know its off the subject but thought I would just interject something positive! I'm a paralegal, Pammie, in the DC area and taking online classes for Administrative Office Management.

♥Like the clouds you Drift me away, far away And like the sun you Brighten my day, you brighten my day♥

Old 01-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 21,874 Times in 12,632 Posts
Default Petersburg Medium

It's not nearly as bad as some other BOP prisons I was in. It is nicknamed pettysburg because of the staff, but that's nothing out of the ordinary. Unlike Petersburg low, the units are all air conditioned, which is welcome during the VA summers. Decent jobs are difficult to obtain and the UNICOR is nearly impossible to get into, so people with no money have a rough time unless they have a hustle, like washing clothes, etc. I found it to be a pretty safe environment although there are occasional problems. Inmates are rarely locked down during the day, but are locked in the cells from 9 pm until 6 am. There are 2, 3 and 4 man cells. The 3 high bunks have been enjoined by the courts, but are virtually all used anyway as a "temporary" fix for overcrowding (BOP defines temporary as anything less than 100 years). I purchased a 2 man cell and it was well worth the cost. Overall it was OK as federal prisons go.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
sweetnessva (02-10-2010), tolong (01-27-2010), zoedijais (08-19-2010)
Old 04-29-2010, 07:26 AM

Default Peterburg Fed Prison Camp

Hi,
My name is David. I am an attorney and am about to be sentenced for pleading guilty to One count of Federal Wire Fraud for around 36 months, and I am planning on requesting Petersburg since it is closest to my wife and family. What does your fiancee think about the Camp at Petersburg? I heard that Buckner in NC was supposedly better. How long is he in for? If I wind up there in August I will look him up

David
Old 04-29-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie's_Angel View Post
Just curious. My fiance is there and I got denied visitation. Oh well.
Hi,
My name is David. I am an attorney and am about to be sentenced for pleading guilty to One count of Federal Wire Fraud for around 36 months, and I am planning on requesting Petersburg since it is closest to my wife and family. What does your fiancee think about the Camp at Petersburg? I heard that Buckner in NC was supposedly better. How long is he infor? If I wind up there in August I will look him up
Old 04-29-2010, 02:48 PM

Default Visitation Form

Ask for another visitation form from your loved as they do not accept copies. Fill out all requested information on the form and resend it to the contact listed. Maybe you need to take it a step further and send it certified mail to make sure it gets to where you need it to be. Best of Luck!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:18 AM

Hello David, my soulmate Desmond Rouse is currently serving a 30 year sentence at petersburg. he is an innocent in prison and his innocence is widely recognised by organisations such as the National Center for Research and Justice and the innocence Project. i would do everything to give him a freedom. as its seemingly about money iam trying to find some wealthy sponsors - wish me luck. he is american indian - please say hello from me when you ever come across him he is a very nice dignified man and he is an innocent in prison, my name is Anna xx

you can play sports in this prison, walk about freely in the day and do arts and crafts.

thank you
Old 05-09-2010, 03:14 PM

hello, just trying to find other people with loved ones/friends at petersburg medium- thank you x
Old 05-10-2010, 08:34 AM

My BF is there & I've gone to visit several times. It's pretty laid back..no issues so far. Bring your money in a clear plastic baggie. No flip flops, but sandles are OK. None of the new bills work in the change machine..the ones with the purple ink on them. any other questions just ask.

The Following User Says Thank You to tolong For This Useful Post:
Uzizitka (06-15-2010)
Old 05-14-2010, 09:51 AM

Hi,
Thanks for replying. I do not know if I will be successful in getting assigned to FPC Petersburg, but that is what my attorney is going to request that the sentencing judge note on the sentencing order. Is Desmond in the Prison Camp at Petersburg? If so and if I wind up there I will certainly look him up. I am an attorney and if I can I will offer him whatever support I can from inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzizitka View Post
Hello David, my soulmate Desmond Rouse is currently serving a 30 year sentence at petersburg. he is an innocent in prison and his innocence is widely recognised by organisations such as the National Center for Research and Justice and the innocence Project. i would do everything to give him a freedom. as its seemingly about money iam trying to find some wealthy sponsors - wish me luck. he is american indian - please say hello from me when you ever come across him he is a very nice dignified man and he is an innocent in prison, my name is Anna xx

you can play sports in this prison, walk about freely in the day and do arts and crafts.

thank you
Old 05-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Us vs Them

Default My boyfriend

My honey is in Petersburg he was in Bennetsville SC. He always complains about how hot it is because there is no AC. Its a pretty old place He has 5 fans in his room. He will probably finish his sentence there 10 years down and 12 more to go.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:03 PM

Default Actual Innocence

Hi, i have a close friend in Petersburg Medium. Just wanted to tell people that there are cases of actual innocent people in prison and some of them accused of sex offenses and stigmatised and in constant danger of being hurt although altogether 100% innocent. I am currently putting together a Defense Fund for one such innocent inmate. All iam saying is there is an innocent man in this facility who has already served a 16 year sentence and all is needed is enough money for a good appelate lawyer and he would be out in a heartbeat. If you want to know more pm me.

Thank you for your submission. This is a case that we have long been aware of. And while I can't speak for our Boards, I certainly believe that the defendants are innocent.

I'm not sure what we can do. But I have sent your submission on. In my opinion, a terrible miscarriage of justice occurred here.

-Bob Chatelle, Executive Director, NCRJ
Old 06-15-2010, 01:39 PM

Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene.E2008 View Post
My man has been there for a long ass time and I know that place inside and out, if you need any info, message me or whatever, I can tell you everything you need to know about Petersburg.
Hi Rene, is your man still in PA medium?? your post is from 2008?? if yes would be great to hear from you, Anna
Old 06-24-2010, 08:02 AM

Default Petersburg Low Info

Looking for info on commissary list, microwaves, exercise facilities... that kind of stuff. Actually any experiences would be appreciated!
Old 06-27-2010, 12:06 AM

Does anyone know the best medium security prisons? I'm looking for good food, low violence and GED and job training. I hope I'm not expecting too much lol. I don't have much time to figure it out my BF has to submit his wish list in a month. THANK YOU!
Old 06-27-2010, 12:11 AM

Is Petersberg (medium FCI) a decent place? Are the cells airconditioned, the food decent? Can inmates get their GED and job training?Can you tell me how to go about finding the best medium security prisons? I'm looking for A/C, good food, low violence and GED and job training. I hope I'm not expecting too much lol. I don't have much time to figure it out my BF has to submit his wish list in a month. THANK YOU!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 21,874 Times in 12,632 Posts

Petersburg Medium is completely air conditioned, the Low is not. Jobs are scarce, but there are GED classes all the time. Food is BOP food (not awful, but not very good either). It is a fairly new prison so it doesn't have weights, but the rest of the recreation program is pretty good. The housing units have 2, 3 (a 2 man room with one triple bunk stuffed in) and 4 man rooms. Two man rooms are best and 3 are definitely the worst. Prisoners have excellent access to the telephones and there was almost never a big enough problem to get us locked down.

The Medical staff was way above normal, but dental was so understaffed that some inmates had to walk around with abscessed teeth for weeks before they could get "emergency" appointments with a dentist.

Tell your BF that in my opinion Petersburg Medium is about as good as it gets in the BOP (which is not saying very much).
Old 07-05-2010, 02:59 PM

Default New to Petersburg Med

I am also looking for any info about Petersburg Med, especially info for visitors traveling from a distance (5+ hours for me) and Trulinks email... Many thanks!
Old 07-13-2010, 07:27 AM

Default Petersburg

Well, apparently one of the oldest facilities but there are microwaves and a decent commissary list.... That's about all I know for now
Old 07-25-2010, 05:06 PM

I have a friend that is in Low, and I wanna send him some books or magazines, but I know nothing about how prison work in states because I live in Montreal (Quebec, Canada).. so I don't know if i can even send books and magazines??
Old 07-25-2010, 06:40 PM

You can order them on Amazon.com and have them shipped directly to the inmate. Make sure you address it using his name, inmate # and the prison info. I don't have any hard cover books shipped cause there are some prisons that won't accept them. To be on the safe side I only order paperbacks. Most books on Amazon can also be ordered used and that saves a lot.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:51 AM

Default husband reports on Aug 10 to petersburg camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly29 View Post
Hey, there! My husband is in FCI Petersburg - Low. I can answer any questions for you.
Hey. My husband will be reporting on the 10th of August. i am scared. I have so many questions. Does anyone really know what happens after they arrive? Does the camp have any space or will they put him in low?
Old 08-23-2010, 11:03 AM

Smile

hi all, the thing on the odd and even days for the weekend goes by there first number of their reg# if its even then they visit on even months on sun and odd months on sat...if that makes any sense....as for taking pics there you have to get an ok from the warden...lovely lady that she is...ms. patricia stansberry....hope this helps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene.E2008 View Post
He can take pictures during visiting hours or outside. He has to have his shirt on and be presentable. Same with visiting, he can be denied to see you if he looks "rough."

If you want to take pictures for him anything is fine as long as the pubic area is covered (but your butt can be hanging out as long as it looks like you are wearing some sort of panty; thong, g string, etc) and nipples aren't shown. You can if you want put his name and # on the back, but I've never had a problem with the mail staff.

If you want to buy him books or magazines you can do so and when completing a form just put his # with his last name and you can't send them Jordans or Nikes. They say it's for saftey reasons.

And with the Sat/Sun thing it changes every month. I don't know what June is currently, but for example if this month's visitation is Saturday, then July will be Sunday, August will be Saturday and so forth. If that makes sense.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Happyone4you

Smile Anyone know anything about Petersburg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vics woman View Post
any one know anything about petersburg.: :
My hubby has been there for the last year and for the most part he is content and doing very well. The visiting room is pretty large and open and very laid back. However they raised all the prices in the vending machines last month so make sure you bring singles, quarters and dollar coins. I try to visit once or twice a month since I live 3-hrs away. If you are looking for a cheaper way for your loved one to call home, you can IM me. We found a way that his calls home cost about $.95 per 15-minute call and saves a lot of money over the month. You can send pictures and bookmarks in letters and can also have books and magazines mailed in as long as they come from well known vendors such as Amazon, Barnes& Noble, etc. The personal is respectful of the family members visiting and will do their best to get you inside in a timely manner. If you haven't already done so, I suggest purchasing a bra w/o underwire so you don't set the machine off when walking through it. I found a link on this site a few years ago and purchased two that I wear for visits. There is a lot to keep the inmates busy so they don't get in trouble. If you have any other question, don't hesitate to contact me.

Joanna
Old 12-27-2010, 12:32 PM

Seems like there aren't a lot of regulars to this thread, but I thought it would be worth posting something just in case someone still checks it or someone checks it in the future who is in a similar situation!

My fiance is in the Petersburg FCI Medium SHU as a holdover inmate...just curious if anyone knows the routine for SHU inmates. He's only been there for a couple weeks, but he says that it seems like he's only allowed to make one phone call a week. Is this what everyone else has experienced? I read online here that several other places only permit one call a month, so I won't complain about once a week! Oh, and visitation...I've applied for visitation, but it's says in the manual SHU inmates are only permitted to get visits from immediate family and/or spouses. Don't know if they'll accept me or not...keeping the fingers crossed! Anyone know if they'll view me as a spouse even though we're just engaged?

For anyone who is coming here for information...I know he's locked in the cell with two other guys for 23 hours a day and has the ability to go outside for 1 hour, but it's at like 5:15am so he usually stays put. He can receive letters and a paperback book from a book company...and he said that he wrote a letter, but I haven't gotten it yet. He was able to place an order from the commissary, so he now has headphones to listen to all day. I think that's about all of the info that I have on the place. Hope this helps someone and I hope someone can answer my questions, too.