Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:36 AM
Donation Award 

Hi, I just wanted to follow up and see if you've heard from your son. Has he been moved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkpinks76 View Post
Hi to all of you, just found your link on the site. My son has been in Petersburg for about three years, was moved from Louisiana, and originally wisconsin which is our home. we havent seen him in over four years due to our health and the distance. Up until the last four months he seemed to be doing good. Told us he keeps his back to the wall, never goes into a room with large groups, works out, walks and runs the track and mostly eats in his room. Something is up the last four months, he is due to be transferred back to wisconsin any day so we are just waiting to see him again. He is either paying protection money or getting extorted for something as he has been desperate for money, literally calling everyone to get money sent. I know he is not using anything, he hasnt written in awhile and last time I talked to him he wouldnt or couldnt say what is wrong. He gets his phone minutes back on the 11th and I hope we can find out what is up. We are worried for his safety. You cant call and talk to his counselor as that will just make it worse. we have had friends wives and girlfriends call to pass messages to us saying he to send money to his account asap or his health would suffer. all of the time he has been in prison this is the first time we have worried about him, he is so far away and we feel so helpless. Its nice to hear from others with family in Petersburg, there are not too many of us here at the site. My sons name is Jeremy he is just turned 30. Im not sure what unti his is, his letters just go to petersburg low with his name and number so dont know if anyone knows him. God Bless you all, we know what you are going through, and I do think that when they get sentenced we all get sentenced. Prison is a barbaric institution that doesnt work, youd think that a country that is supposed to be so advanced as the US would realize that.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2009, 01:08 PM

Wink going to visit, need some advice

I am finally going to meet my baby!!! I will drive down to FCI Med petersburg in va any advice? I tried going shopping but everything was either to reaviling or to frumpy. i want to wow him but not take the chance of being denied. Plus when you take pictures do you take them with you take them with your camera or theirs and if theirs do you get it the same day. Please ladies dish.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:49 PM
His Princess

No, you cant bring your own camera. They take the pictures and then the inmate will receive them. Where my guy is, it took about 2 weeks to get our pictures back. As far as what to wear, wear a pair of jeans that make your butt look good and a simple top. Dont overthink it! Have fun and give us details when you get home!
The Following User Says Thank You to sadone For This Useful Post:
jesseswife (05-08-2009)
Old 05-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Always Doin' My Best

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,937 Times in 1,168 Posts

Main thing is that you are THERE!! He will love anything you wear and the main point is to get inside with no hassles. You might want to check this thread of members talking about visiting at Petersburg. Double check the dress codes and make sure you know what you can wear.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:12 PM

Default My friend is in Petersburg Low Prison

Hello

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a few questions. I have a loved one that is in Petersburg Low VA and would love to visit him in the coming months. As im from Sydney Australia i would like to know what the hours are of visitation and how many times i can visit him in the week as im only in the USA for 3 weeks and would like to spend as much time as possible with him. Also i would like to know which town would be best for me to stay at want something close to the jail. If anyone can help me please get back to me thank you
Old 07-10-2009, 02:51 AM
Donation Award 

You have 10 visitors points each month. Monday-Thursday visits use one point. Friday, Saturday and Sunday use 2 points each visit. You're only allowed to visit three weekend days per month. It's much more relaxed and enjoyable on weekdays where you'll most likely sit alone and not have to share a table because they aren't busy. I'd I'd go three weekdays each week and one weekend.

Petersburg isn't really in Petersburg even though that's the mailing address. There's a really nice clean hotel less than 2 miles from the prison where alot of visitors stay. I just can't remember which hotel it is or the name of the town because the address is Petersburg. I'll look on Sunday and get back to you.

I just visited this evening and I got there at 4:30 and was sitting next to my loved one by 5:10 and stayed until 9pm. We had a table to ourselves and so did everyone else. I hate weekends when it's busy and takes 2 hours to get in and you're sitting on top of each other. If I could get off another day during the week I'd never go on a weekend.

Good luck and I'll get back to you on the hotel.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:07 PM
all by myself

Thanked 1,355 Times in 753 Posts

does anyone know if they are having problems with the phones?

Old 07-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant's wife View Post
I don't think so. I talked to my love tonight at 10pm and they were fine. I also talked to him around noon. I hope everything is okay for your man.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:04 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
I talked to my husband this morning and in his hall there wasn't a problem with the phones.

Last edited by bluesbuster; 07-16-2009 at 07:05 AM..
Old 08-25-2009, 06:40 AM

Default Info on FCI Petersburg Medium?

Hi,
My name is Shirley. My son is currently being transferred from Brooklyn MDC to FCI Petersburg Med. Does anyone have any current information on this facility? Of course my concerns are mostly over safety, but any and all info would be appreciated. I live in Massachusetts - so much for the BOP keeping him close to home! I plan to visit as much as possible, as soon as I can. If anyone has info, I'd really appreciate it!!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:02 AM

My BF got there about a month ago. I just had my 1st visit 2 weeks ago and it was fine. Yup..it seems OK and he doesn't have any complaints. It is actually pretty easy to get to..right off 95 a little south of Richamond,VA. I have to say it's much better than where he was transfered from!!! It seems that Petersburg Med is never on lockdown..so I would have to say most of inmates are behaving themselves.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tolong For This Useful Post:
ShirleyMae (08-26-2009), sweetnessva (02-17-2010)
Old 10-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Pamela Denise

Default Petersburg FCI Medium

My husband is in Petersburg, Va Medium. The place opened a new unit for all Pedofiles(sex offenders) for the atlantic Region. It is a place that holds programs for sex offenders but NOTHING for the other general population. The pedofiles are supposed to be housed in a separate unit...BUT THEY AREN'T!!! They walk around with everyone else. He is in SHU right now & they took our visits for 6 months because he came up with a dirty UA..so they take it out on the family. I hated going there..you can feel the hatred all around you..He won't come out of SHU because he has no visits, no commissary & rarely gets to call & he has told them that he was NOT walking around with child molestors & rapists & sexual offenders. I have already had to write the warden about my mail to him..He is 3 hours away from me & it takes him 7 to 10 days to get my letters & they will not give him the medical treatment he is supposed to have every 90 days. Petersburg is the worst FCI I have been to.

My husband gets released February 8, 2010...Thank God!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Pammie41 For This Useful Post:
sweetnessva (02-17-2010)
Old 10-13-2009, 10:24 AM

So glad to hear that your man will be out relatively soon..........good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to QuinnsMama For This Useful Post:
Pammie41 (12-05-2009)
Old 10-14-2009, 11:26 AM

Guess what pammie..prisons are full of criminals..even SO's. If you piss dirty in prison you go to the SHU..Petersburg or any fed prison..wanna stay out of the SHU..don't use in prison. I'm not sure why your under the impresion that SO's are segregated from General population. Would you rather your inmate be 1000 miles from home..then you'd realy have something to complain about.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:06 PM
all by myself

my man was in the med for about 4 years he's now in the low, he never had any problems in the medium except the usual jailhouse stuff.

The Following User Says Thank You to ant's wife For This Useful Post:
sweetnessva (02-17-2010)
Old 10-16-2009, 11:10 PM
all by myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammie41 View Post
My husband is in Petersburg, Va Medium. The place opened a new unit for all Pedofiles(sex offenders) for the atlantic Region. It is a place that holds programs for sex offenders but NOTHING for the other general population. The pedofiles are supposed to be housed in a separate unit...BUT THEY AREN'T!!! They walk around with everyone else. He is in SHU right now & they took our visits for 6 months because he came up with a dirty UA..so they take it out on the family. I hated going there..you can feel the hatred all around you..He won't come out of SHU because he has no visits, no commissary & rarely gets to call & he has told them that he was NOT walking around with child molestors & rapists & sexual offenders. I have already had to write the warden about my mail to him..He is 3 hours away from me & it takes him 7 to 10 days to get my letters & they will not give him the medical treatment he is supposed to have every 90 days. Petersburg is the worst FCI I have been to.

My husband gets released February 8, 2010...Thank God!!!
at petersburgh med the only thing that is seperate is the shu, there was talk they were going to change the whole prison to hold so's but it was just talk it never happened i'm not sure what your man is in for but just me he has alot more things to worry about than an so, like keeping his urine clean they can add more time for that.

The Following User Says Thank You to ant's wife For This Useful Post:
tolong (10-19-2009)
Old 10-19-2009, 06:52 PM
VBeachWife

Default My husband is at Petersburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesbuster View Post
My fiance is at Petersburg in VA. Anyone else have a loved one at Petersburg?

My husband has 6 months at Petersburg. He just arrived Friday after a few weeks in Chesapeake Virginia. I believe he has lost phone priviledges, although I haven;t received a letter yet. Does anyone know how long that may last? I asked him an accounting question during the phone conversation and I am worried he lost priviledges.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:47 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle1021 View Post
My husband has 6 months at Petersburg. He just arrived Friday after a few weeks in Chesapeake Virginia. I believe he has lost phone priviledges, although I haven;t received a letter yet. Does anyone know how long that may last? I asked him an accounting question during the phone conversation and I am worried he lost priviledges.

I doubt he lost priviledges over an accounting question. Most likely his accounts aren't all set up yet. His councelor has to approve his phone list and when my husband first arrived he had to bug his councelor to take care of it for him and finally went to another councelor to do it. It took about 10 days. From everything I've learned over the past ten months, Petersberg is one of the easiest prisons to do time. My husband had to borrow stamps and paper and envelopes while he waited for everything to be set up.

Don't worry too much you'll most likely get a letter by Friday if he meets someone who can show him the ropes and lend him a stamp until all his accounts are set up.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Pamela Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolong View Post
Guess what pammie..prisons are full of criminals..even SO's. If you piss dirty in prison you go to the SHU..Petersburg or any fed prison..wanna stay out of the SHU..don't use in prison. I'm not sure why your under the impresion that SO's are segregated from General population. Would you rather your inmate be 1000 miles from home..then you'd realy have something to complain about.
If you would have read my post correctly, he has asked to stay in SHU. And NO pedophiles aren't everywhere in the federal system & yes they are supposed to be housed separate..do your research & by the way my husband has been 1000 miles away, Florence, Texas, Kentucky..he has been in for almost 18 years off & on..so I think I know a little about the prison systems.

The feds have certain prisons set up for pedophiles..when they stated they was turning Petersburg into A SOTP they moved most of the other inmates to other facilities..do your research
Old 12-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Pamela Denise

Quote:
at petersburgh med the only thing that is seperate is the shu, there was talk they were going to change the whole prison to hold so's but it was just talk it never happened i'm not sure what your man is in for but just me he has alot more things to worry about than an so, like keeping his urine clean they can add more time for that.
First he is my husband & he is in for probation violation & no they can not give him more time...he has no more good time to take away..do all you people on here that have loved ones in prisons think your inmates are saints..there is more drugs in those places than on the streets & we have half the visitors bringing the drugs in & the other half are the guards.

He has maxed out his time..do you keep up with the new fed laws? Well my husband comes home 2/8/2010. His dirty ua was for marijuana..how many of the guards do you think get stoned with them? I don't disagree with marijuana being legal. With my husband I have had 18 years experience with the feds & their facilities. He is sentenced under the old-new laws..not the new ones that are being put into effect as we speak.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Pamela Denise

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuinnsMama View Post
So glad to hear that your man will be out relatively soon..........good luck!
Thank You
Is there anyone on here that has anything positive to say about anything? I spend hours reseraching federal laws everyday & federal prisons. I go to school for criminal justice & paralegal technology soon to recieve my BS. I guess me standing by my husband for 18 years off & on through his journey across the US to all types of federal prisons, that doesn't entitle me to know anything.

Thank You for your comment..it is welcomed
Old 12-10-2009, 02:47 PM

Default Anyone have ties to FCC Petersburg Camp?

Just curious. My fiance is there and I got denied visitation. Oh well.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:05 PM

I was denied to FCI-Petersburg also but when I called to find out why, they told me they never got the form and to re-send it. I suggest calling to find out why. It can't make the situation worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie's_Angel View Post
Just curious. My fiance is there and I got denied visitation. Oh well.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:14 AM

Default Any information on Petersburg camp?

My father was just transferred to Petersburg Low (Camp) a couple of days ago. We probably won't hear from him for a while, it seems that getting things set up again can take up to a couple of weeks?! I was wondering if you could give us any info on the way things are there....what are the living conditions like? food? activities? how are the COs? My dad is 69 years old, and has been in for 3 years, but it has taken a toll on him....how is the medical attention? Hoping you are still on the boards.

Thanks

Last edited by patchouli; 01-06-2010 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: remove ref. to old post in one forum & move to appropriate forum
Old 01-06-2010, 04:20 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,601 Times in 16,381 Posts

I can't answer your questions, but I do want to Welcome you to PTO!

patchouli, PTO Admin