Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,379 Times in 4,637 Posts

Seems like most of the USP's have been on lockdown lately due to fights. If only the BOP would learn that, if they would spend some money on programs and activities, they wouldn't have a bunch of inmates with nothing to lose and at loose ends, fighting with each other. Instead, they spend MORE money on all kind of security toys. O.K. End of my little speech for the day.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2007, 09:24 AM

I totally agree with you there Zelda, he says there is so little to do all day. HE loves to read but says the library is about the sixe of my bathroom, that isn't good! Only about 200 books or so in it! He did sign up for a ceramics class a couple of times a week.
The lockdown lasted the week while they searched each and every room with an x-ray machine on the mattresses and all, it amazes me the things that go on inside the walls!
Old 05-30-2007, 06:52 PM
LuV'n My LoVe 4 LiFe

USP Florence is an awful prison.My man spent many years there and was always on lockdown,fighting,and in the SHU.since he has left there he has not been in any trouble. He says it was like a living hell there.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Lockdown at Florence

I believe it was the USP at Florence is on lockdown 6-23. Someone was stabbed and killed today.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Closed

How did you find this out?
Old 06-23-2007, 10:45 PM

My daughter-in-law was visiting today when a guard came running in and asked if my son could leave and go work in the kitchen because it was on lockdown because of a stabbing and they said he died.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:52 PM

Default update

Just learned that the person stabbed did not die. Something to do with a fight between blacks and Indians.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:43 PM

cottagegal
I was under the impression that they are in there cells all the time. my hubby may not tell me everything, but he is at the camp and works in the kitchen at ADX so just curious. it scares me him over there. any other info would be helpful since at this time we can only write it takes awhile to find out anything. Was the guy stabbed an inmate or guard? My hubby has been there since Oct and recently got in the program so he will be home soon. When he is done. We cant wait. But I do not like him being so far away. Thanks
Old 06-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Donation Award 

Waitedtolong - The post was about the USP. If your guy is at the camp and works at the ADX, then he should be fine. The ADX (which is separate from the USP) is so locked down all the time that I can't imagine him having any problem there. So take a deep breath and relax! No need to be fearful. Z.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:48 PM

Well from what I understand, the person stabbed was taken to the hospital and then they brought him back and put him in the hole. I don't know how long it will be on lockdown. (USP) It was a fight between inmates.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:34 PM

can someone tell me if the incident was in USP-HIGH or USP-ADMAX?

For his anger endures but a moment; in his favor is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5

Old 06-27-2007, 10:47 PM

It was at the USP not the ADMAX.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:57 AM

Thanks. I do have a friend at the USP.

For his anger endures but a moment; in his favor is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5

Old 06-28-2007, 05:21 PM

Received a letter today from my friend (USP) dated Saturday, 6-23-07, and he said that on Friday, 6-22-07, they went on lockdown and that a memo from the Warden said "it was serious and that they would remain on lockdown until she was confident that normal operations could resume". He works in the kitchen and wouldn't talk to me about the incident.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Closed

My husband said UsP florence is really bad, stabbings every week. He said it is even worse than when he was at Beaumont.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:04 PM
http://tickers.TickerFact

Hey guys,

My penpall / boyfriend is in this prison to, USP Florence HIGH
I would love to hear stuff from you guys about this prison cause he is in there for like 4 months now.. And I am worried like hell all the time, the mail is sooooo slow there havent heard anything in 4 weeks now. He was mad at me and he is kinda agressive then so I am scared.
What can I do call the prison about him??? I am from Holland and in his last prison they would not put me through to his counselor..

Old 08-11-2007, 05:51 PM

Default shu?

Hello
My husband has been in the Shu in Florence for over a month and I was wondering if anybody can tell me any info about it?

Sorry i don't have any answers but i didn't know where else to post this.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:40 AM

Question What are the mail rules at FPC Florence?

Hey there - I've got a buddy serving better part of a decade at FPC Florence. No trouble... no chits, no nothing. Release in two years and looking forward to it. He's a bright guy, likes scientific stuff.

I don't have experience in mailing stuff other than letters. Do you know what the FPC Florence rules are on mail? Obviously, erotica may be troublesome... I don't want to send that to him. And ordinary letters are obviously OK.

But what about magazines? Books? Do they reject stuff if it's in packages? Does it need to be via US Postal Service? Do they have specific rules on acceptable content? Will it be scrutinized or rejected if I include printouts of articles or scientific pictures? Do they have weight limits for letters?

I know the inmates has limited space for their possessions, especially when bunked 4 to a small room. When he's done reading, what happens to a book or magazine? Do they just throw it away or do they donate it to the prison library? I'm not looking to cause him or the COs hassles. I know he's very bored and wants to keep his mind sharp while he does his time.

Any advice or tips would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 11-13-2007, 03:36 PM

Best thing would be to have him ask. But what I sent (and sent to camp at Florence) was books through Amazon. Magazines were approved but I did not send any there. I also sent a newspaper subscription, all through the publisher.
I have sent magazines to his next camp placment for him and never had any problem. Male magazines that are tame by todays standards. Maxim and the like should be ok. Sent one with the first word American, name escapes me now, but full of half dressed females o-O lol Fantasy art magazines and so on. Those magazines I just slipped into a big envelope, two at a time with no letter. Only once did he not get it and I think it was because I had failed to take it out of it's plastic bag that it came sealed in and it had a sample of something in it. He never got it but I never got it back either. So may have just gotten lost.
I sent pages torn from crossword books and things printed off the computer in letters. I always left the web page address on in case they wondered where I got them.

Edited in. I know my fella just shared what he got when he had too much to store. I am not sure the amount, I think it is 5 books that can be stored at a time. Magazines are always good to send, I know that they trade them for ones they have not read.

Last edited by bzzz; 11-13-2007 at 03:42 PM..
Old 01-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Mom of federal prisoner

Exclamation Fci Florence

Just got back from a visit to our son in the SHU in Bennettsville, SC. What a stupid set up. After nearly a thousand miles to get there, time off from work and waiting for forever to see him...the cash card machine was down...the guards were horridly rude...we got to "visit" for about 45 minutes before they took the jumpsuits (SHU inmates) out "first". And, to top it all off - the next day, our grandson (son's child) at 8 years old - was turned away from visiting for "improper clothing". He had on a Sean Jean sweatsuit that was grey. They make it impossible to really support our loved ones. Has anyone else visited at FCI Bennettsville? I'd love to hear your feedback.
peace
strength
faith

Sorry, put Florence instead of Bennettsville <oooops>
bluemama

Last edited by bluemama; 01-15-2008 at 08:23 PM..
Old 06-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Donation Award 

Default Florence, Colorado

Hello,
Just wondering if there is anyone out there with a loved one at the satellite camp in Florence, Colorado?

Thanks!
Tessie
Old 09-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Donation Award 

Default FPC Florence Colorado

I didn't get a phone call from my husband yesterday and it is very unusual. He is at the Federal Prison Camp in Florence, Colorado. Does anyone have any information? Are the phones down? Thanks for any help.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:21 PM

Default Adx florence/florence admax

Does anyone know anything about this facility? I have a friend that was supposed to be in Forrest City FCI until 2011 but was moved to Florence in Colorado almost 5 months ago. SInce hes been gone I have received no letters..calls...or anything..this is very unusual. I have tried looking this place up and very little can be found..I guess this is where they house all of the high risk terrorists/al-qaeda members..big time gang and mafia leaders..i found one short video on the facility but not one member of the facility would talk on camera..it was all old staff members and one former inmate...any help would be appreciated!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Donation Award 

What do you want to know? Your friend should be able to write to you unless he is writing elsewhere and using up all his stamps. No way to work and earn money in the Supermax until the inmate earns his way into the "step-down"program. I know some things about it - so let me know what you want to know. Z.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Account Closed

Hello - what do you want to know? I don't know much about that facility. I do know one person that is in there. His name is Charles. He has been there for a while. We use to talk on the telephone throughout 2004. I then spoke with him another time I think it was 2005 or 2006, don't quite recall. I do know that there is a live person that must listen when people in super-max make telephone calls. They have to have a list of the persons who they are calling. I believe it must be a landline number. However, I did receive calls on my cell phone from a landline that was forwarded - but that was in 2004 when that was happening. All the mail I believe is monitored, if I remember correctly all the mail is put into a computer scanner ... but that might be what they've been doing at the State Prisons for a long time.
I do not know what the inside or outside of the facility looks like. I have never been there personally. When I was speaking / corresponding with that person I did not have any problems or - I just lost my thought.

Thank you - if I can be of assistance please let me know.
LadyYell