Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 12-01-2006, 01:13 AM

Smile U.S.P in Florence,CO

Hi is there anyone who has someone in U.S.P. in Florence,CO?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2006, 01:35 AM
FREE TO BE ME

My man is across the street at the FCI, but he was there. Do you have any questions? Maybe I can help you.

Lenin
Old 01-10-2007, 07:06 AM

Default USP Florence

Just wondering if anybody has ties to USP Florence. My guy was just transferred there and I'd like to go visit him in the next few months, so any info/advice would be great.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:11 AM

Default Be there soon.

Mike will be there soon. I live in Cheyenne, and he is currently in Natrona County waiting to be transferred. I have read all the stuff I can find about Florence, but I guess I will really find out more when he gets there!
Old 02-26-2007, 05:56 PM

Default FPC Florence

Hello my husband just went to florence fpc and was wondering if any anybody else has a loved one there. sorry if it's already been asked i'm still new to pto.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:54 PM

Yes, I have a son that just went in too. I think Florence isn't too bad of a place to do time. And I think that as long as you tell him you love him and miss him, then he will feel your support, and I'm sure he would appreciate it if you would write him a lot. Then I think everything will work out all right. And when it is all over, I'm sure you will both realize that it was a growing experience and that more good will have come from it than bad.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:47 PM

OK, I'm posting this a little late but I just dropped my husband off yesterday. Maybe you guys could tell me how your loved ones got settled in. We thought my husband was going to the camp but today when I looked on the BOP site it says FCI Florence. I posted some of this in different thread already but maybe you have some better info on the process. I've been trying to western union money for him but it won't go through. Some helpful people have told me not to freak out yet and give it time (I guess the process can take a while). Anything you want to share about your experiences would be great. How long are their sentences? My husband was sentenced for 30 months. Sorry for the length of this but I am worried sick about my husband and I'm praying he is alright. (He was scared of going to the camp so I can't imagine what he is feeling if he is at the medium). Thanks in advance for anything you want to share.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:05 PM

My husband is in a camp also. When he arrived he had to stay at the big house(USP) for about three days(after all processing was done) then they moved him to the camp. This is most likely what they are having your husband do too.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:52 PM

It's good to know that others have gone through the same thing and that things are more then likely the way they should be. Thanks...a little peace of mind is a good thing right now.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:47 PM

ninesgirl, my son is at fci florence. do you know about the lockbox? thats where i send his money. you can find information about it here on pto. i'm not to good with the computer but someone will direct you if you don't find it. my son has been there 2 months seems ok. i was going to visit next weekend for the first time but my husband broke his foot,so not sure if we will go. let you know if we do. good luck.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:07 PM

My son has been there over two months now. On the bop locator site he is listed as USP Florence and he is in the camp. It did take a while for us to hear from him (17 days), but just keep waiting. The call will come. The letters will come and everything will be OK. He is fine. Just be patient. He has to get his phone and address list approved. I kept having trouble with Western Union too. I didn't know to put his last name immediately after his inmate number. We have visited once and it was wonderful. Didn't have any problems at all. Spent most of the day out on the patio that overlooks the courtyard. You can watch all of the other inmates come and go to the cafeteria or gym while you visit. I enjoyed it. Just wished it was closer so we could go more often. After a month, you'll settle down and the time will go more quickly.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:29 PM

Let me just say thanks again. All of you have been so helpful and I really appreciate it! I'm sure I will have more questions for you and then hopefully in the future I will be able to help someone!
Old 03-25-2007, 09:19 PM

Getting in on this a little late, my apologies. My husband is there at the camp. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:20 PM

My boyfriend is at USP Florence High in Florence, Colorado. He just went there last month I havent visited yet and am looking for more info also.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Lockbox info as requested:

http://www.bop.gov/inmate_programs/money.jsp

U.S. Postal Service

Inmates' families and friends choosing to send inmates funds through the mail must send those funds to the following address and in accordance with the directions provided below:

Federal Bureau of Prisons
Insert Valid Committed Inmate Name
Insert Inmate Eight Digit Register Number
Post Office Box 474701
Des Moines, Iowa 50947-0001

The deposit must be in the form of a money order made out to the inmate's full committed name and complete eight digit register number. The Bureau of Prisons will return funds that do not have valid inmate information to the sender provided the envelope has an adequate return address. Personal checks and cash can not be accepted for deposit.

The sender's name and return address must appear on the upper left hand corner of the envelope to ensure that the funds can be returned to the sender in the event that they can not be posted to the inmate's account. The deposit envelope must not contain any items intended for delivery to the inmate. The Bureau of Prisons shall dispose of all items included with the funds.

In the event funds have been mailed but have not been received in the inmate's account and adequate time has passed for mail service to Des Moines, Iowa, the sender must initiate a tracer with the entity who sold them the money order to resolve any issues.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Phone calls from USP Florence

My husband has been designated to Florence High USP, he got there from Oklahoma on Friday, previously he was at Sheridan in Oregon waiting for designation. A couple of questions I have is will his approved phone list from Sheridan transfer with him and if so how long beofre he will be able to call home? The other question is will he go straight to main line or will he be on lockdown status for a time period? I understand the mail is pretty slow there so I thought I would try to get some answers from my PTO family. He was at Sheridan 3 months, Oklahoma 1 week and finally at designation, I am so glad that we can hopefully get set into a routine again and it stays that way for awhile! I am just used to phone calls and it is driving me nuts that I haven't heard from him since before transport on Thursday! Thanks for all the help, everyone is so wonderful!

Paula

Last edited by dcmitchellswife; 04-29-2007 at 07:13 PM..
Old 05-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

I had a friend who was transferred from Leavenworth to FLorence USP. He went right to the mainline. And his phone list transferred with him, I believe. But, when my husband transferred from one FCI to another, his phone list did not go with him. It took about a week to get the phone list approved. Z.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:34 PM

Thanks Zelda, he called today! His phone codes had to be re-done for some reason or another, it was frustrating but it seems to be taken care of now.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:04 AM

HLi your post sorta got buried, so I am going to try to help you. There are several on the site with ties to Florence. Maybe they will see this and help you.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:12 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,841 Times in 4,101 Posts

Hi,,if she is still around ,,she can PM me
Old 05-25-2007, 07:21 PM

Default USP Florence High on Lockdown

USP FLorence High has been on lockdown all week, there have been numerous fights in the past 3 weeks with 2 or 3 day lockdowns, but this one seems a little longer! Hopefully it will be off soon, I am missing my phone time! If anyone hears anything let us know!
Old 05-26-2007, 07:09 PM

I called the prison this morning and there is visiting today, so I assume the lock-down is over! Hopefully now I will get my phone calls!
Old 05-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

I received a phone call yesterday from a friend at USP Florence High. The fire alarm went off twice while we were talking - but it doesn't appear they're locked down. That fire alarm was the loudest, screechiest noice I've ever heard! I asked him if he needed to go somewhere and he kept saying, "Na - it goes off all the time." LOL!
Old 05-27-2007, 03:46 PM

I got my call last night too! He said they have a lot of lock down time at this prison, lots of fights, sounds like a great place to be! David said they got off lockdown on Friday, this is like the third lovkdown in the past 3 weeks.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:34 AM

Thats okay....since my post he has been transferred AGAIN.......thanks anyways.