Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

View Poll Results: What FCC Coleman is your love one at?
FCI Coleman Low 68 24.11%
FCI Coleman Medium 45 15.96%
USP Coleman I 83 29.43%
USP Coleman II 86 30.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2017, 06:07 PM

Default I

I w like to receive emails information for Coleman USP one thank you UOTE=Francesca48;2356704]I just thought it's about time that we had a specific thread for Coleman. I know that PTO was a tremendous asset for me and that I met other members there who felt the same way. I would be more than happy to give out any information to anyway headed Coleman way. I'll try to give as much information as possible or you can feel free to PM me.

Entering Coleman:

I was able to "self-surrender" and I would tell anyone to do that if they are allowed to. I think I was most concerned about the strip-search as I had never been in anyway involved with law enforcement before this. My fears GREATLY exceeded the actual event. When my husband and I first got there, we went into the entrance and we were greeted by Ms. Carroll (the officer over Receiving and Discharge). She couldn't have been nicer. It was still very difficult for my husband to leave me there. She took me into an inner office and we did some paperwork. She let me know that I already had some mail which made me feel better. I had sent myself some pictures, addresses and a couple of books.

Then came the "STRIP SEARCH". All it consisted of was going into a small room where she had me change out pieces of my clothing for institutional clothing. She made it as unintimidating as possible. I had worn old clothes and flip-flop shoes that I donated. I didn't want my husband to have to go through the pain of having them returned home.

After that a counselor came and did a very brief intake and then medical gave me a TB test. Then back to Ms. Carroll who called for a Big Sister from F4 (the housing unit I was assigned to). The Big Sister came. I was given a bed assignment and a package containing sheets, pillow, nightgown, blankets. The Big Sister (who was exceptionally nice) took me out into the compound. Here was another part I was dreading. I was hoping to go out quietly with no one noticing. That's not how it happens. They dress you out in an ugly beige uniform that stands out from all the other uniforms. When you leave R&D you go out directly onto the compound where, in my case, about 40 women were waiting for commissary. I felt light a deer caught in the headlights.

The good news is that everyone was exceptionally friendly. They came up and introduced themselves and welcomed me. In fact, I had a sort of welcoming committee from former PTO members. My Big Sister was amazed that I already knew people.

She then took me up to my unit, helped me make my bed and showed me around. I was given a "gift bag" from the other ladies in the unit. It had a new toothbrush, toothbrush holder, toothpaste, combs, powder, lotion, shampoo, cream rinse, showercap, showershoes, deodorant and a couple of other things I can't remember. The ladies there purchase these items themselves from the commissary to make things better for the new people.

My Big Sister then took me around the compound to show me where everything was and also to get measured for my uniforms and shoes. They were to be picked up the next day. When I arrived at Coleman, it was in July and unbelievably hot so some of the ladies lent me some shorts, and a t-shirt until I could get my own.

At 4:00 that day, we returned back to our unit and had my first official stand-up count which was intimidating because I wasn't expecting it. At count, everyone stands outside their cubicle quietly and waits for the correction officers to come through and do a "count". If the count is right, the COfficers say that it's all clear and then normally, you're free to move around the unit. Well, my first day, everyone began banging loudly on their lockers at the "All clear". It scared me to death until my bunkie told me that one of the ladies was leaving the next morning and that they always did that as a celebration of her last standing count.

This is longer and more detailed that anyone probably wanted so I'll stop now but I just wanted to get the "COLEMAN" line started[/quote]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wings4life1029 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-21-2017), xolady (02-26-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2017, 09:55 PM

Default Info on USP Coleman 1 I think

My husband is going to be transferred from USP YAZOO CITY as they are closing so they claim. They have sent all the FCI ppl from PR to the USP in Yazoo city and moved the men from the USP to the medium in Yazoo city for now. However my husband is being sent to the USP Coleman 1 I think whichever one is not a dropout yard. Anyway I'm just trying to get into about visits are they strict are they on lockdown a lot do they have trade programs like HVAC? Do they have rdap program things like that. Hotels close to the prison. Any info would be helpful thanks
Old 10-03-2017, 02:18 AM

My fiancée has only been there since Aug8. An seems like they have been on an off lockdown several times so far. Not sure about the visitation rules or the programs. He was at Hazelton An was transferred to Coleman I. I am still researching info on Coleman I..
The Following User Says Thank You to wings4life1029 For This Useful Post:
xolady (02-26-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 07:58 PM

Default Marriage

Good evening everyone! My fiance is in Coleman Medium and we would like to know what we would have to do to get married while he is there? I plan on making a trip to Florida.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:51 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 21,901 Times in 12,648 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. He can find out from his bop unit team, or the Chaplain. If it is possible, there will definitely be a complex procedure that has to be followed (far in advance) before the wedding will happen.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:28 AM

mines is at USP Coleman 1..he was at 2 first and got transferred over to 1
Old 01-08-2019, 05:03 PM

Is USP Coleman II a dropout yard? Do they send regular inmates there as well?
Old 01-24-2019, 08:19 AM

Hi my LO has just been translated to Coleman ll . If anyone can please share any experiences they may have had. I would really appreciate it x
Old 01-24-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmilly91 View Post
Is USP Coleman II a dropout yard? Do they send regular inmates there as well?
There are a lot of dropouts there, but there are also "special-needs inmates", such as Larry Nassar. Normally you end up there when you can't safely be in "active" yards. My guy was there for over a year and hated it, he has been to numerous federal prisons and said it was the worst of all the places he had been.

The Following User Says Thank You to lolo21216 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-24-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 08:35 AM

Default Is Coleman 2 on lockdown?

Anyone know if Coleman 2 in Fl is on lockdown? I haven't heard from my son in over a week. Called 50 times, no answer and no info on visitation.