Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

View Poll Results: What FCC Coleman is your love one at?
FCI Coleman Low 69 24.13%
FCI Coleman Medium 45 15.73%
USP Coleman I 86 30.07%
USP Coleman II 86 30.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2008, 09:24 PM

I'm am so glad for prisontalk b/c my b/f called me on 1/14 at 6:52 in the morning and told me they had a 7 day lockdown b/c of a fight. He promised me that he was going to call that night & no phone call. Then no call today so I was wondering what was going on but I was thinking it can't be another lockdown so soon. I absolutely hate Coleman but you guys are right they're safer in lockdown
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2008, 07:04 AM
me~n~cj

i still havent gotten a call from Kevin. I did get a letter Monday but it was short and vague. i can always tell when he is stressed by that awful place, because he is pissy in the letters..lol yeah they are safer, but Kevins cellie doesnt like to bathe that often and Kevin is always on him ..Hopefully they can get whatever the problem is there in Coleman fixed before the summer gets here. I cant imagine how some of thsoe fools will be acting this summmer when the temperature gets into the 90's or higher. That is what really scares me.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:21 AM
Banned

Tommy does not even want to know what his cellie did as he knows it is bad..Tommy is the Alpha Male there in that cell and the guy leaves him alone thank goodness..You have to worry when men never get out and stuff, as they do not care if they get more charges... I send Tommy so much to read he just reads and writes me ecery day and I think it at least keeps him hopeful that lockdowns are not the end of the world.....

That is why they keep it COLD in there the CO's told me to keep them calm! But wow, Nothing like a smelly cellie I say! LOL Just the thought of being in the same space with anyone for such a long period of time is nerve racking...I sent Tommy a letter yesterday asking if he knows who Kevin is. There are 1650 or so men there but ya never know! LOL

I Got my weeked letter yesterday but expect a letter today from Monday when they went back into lockdown so I will let ya know if Tommy says anything about it.

Tommy says it stays pretty comfortable/cool in there too..but when your cellie stinks HEY no matter the weather that is bad...LOL..Poor Kevin!

So he has 6 more years? Tommy has been at Coleman 4 years in Jun...26 months to go and if he is still alive he will be able to forget Coleman forever..His health is bad with Diabetes, Hep C...I hope I get 10 years with him anyway as a free man, he is nearly blind now from Diabetes and they never even check his blood sugar......just not the place to be for sure! I will let ya now what I hear.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:54 AM
me~n~cj

i too am a diabetic and that is just awful that they dont check his blood. i would contact someone soon about that. checking your blood may seem simple to people who dont have diabetes, but to a diabetic it could be a matter of life or death. the prison system makes me so mad, yes they commited a crime and are being punished for it, but they treat them like they are sub-human and that makes me angry. not all people in prison are bad people, they just made bad choices. kevin has been bounced around so much he has been in Terra Haute, Pekin, Oklahoma, Chicago, Memphis, and now Coleman. I wish he would get transfered somewhere else. he was here is Pekin, which is 7 miles from me. i would visit Sat, Sun, Mon Tue, every week. Well one week I didnt go because I had some emergencies at my restaurant, during one of the visiting days, the clean up crew found a pack of smokes in the womens bathroom, one of the clean up crew guys happened to be one of kevins cellies, (in pekin he was in a 4 man room) so this officer, Officer Haynes, who didnt like Kevin to begin with, said that I brought the smokes in. They put him and the clean up crew in Seg, talked to each one, Kevin tried to explain that i hadnt even been there, so there was no way it was me, and Haynes let everyone out of seg but Kevin. He was in there for 3 months. 2 of those months we couldnt have visits. I wrote to the warden, i wrote to the regional director in Kansas City and I called Officer Haynes at the prison. When I wrote to K.C the lady who wrote me back told me that Haynes did not mention that I was accused of smuggling tobacco in. I told her, I am a business owner, very well liked in my community, i am a grandmother, adn I would not risk losing any of that for some damn cigarettes. She didnt tell me WHAT he said his reason was for putting kevin in Seg or for putting in to transfer him. After Kevin got the notice that he was being shipped, haynes told him he was being shipped because he was tired of him getting visits. that he was in prison to be punished, not to hang out with me most of the week. SO they shipped him to Coleman. I had swore that i was not going to let this rest and that Haynes should be held accountable for his wrongdoings, but like Kevin said, if i make a big stink about it, they would only take it out on him, so we just had to take what they dished out to us. Now I will be lucky to see him once a year. if that because they cant stay off lockdown long enough. I will just be glad when it is all over and we can get the hell out of here. I have a restaurant here, but we are going to open one in key West or Key Largo Florida.
Anyway, I hope things go well for you and Tommy, and Ill keep you guys in my prayers. If ya ever want to talk and if you use yahoo messenger, my name is jabbie_pooh...
Old 01-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Banned

Smile That is so unfair....

Kevin must have been in heaven to have you visit so often..I hope they do not move Tommy like that because I am moving to a farm I have in GA 1 March so I will be 200 miles from Tommy (I just moved to AZ 3 yrs ago from that farm...)That way I will be close enough and can visit like you were doing! Sure hope that does not happen to us being transferred like that. I would go ballistic!

Well I had restaurants in Orlando FL for 10 years with my exhusband and I do not envy you! That is too much work for me! LOL

I do not have any email messenger stuff as I never have chatted etc..Email removed per PTO policy. send me an email. I will be in FL to visit toward the end of March if they are out of lockdown...Hurry 2010 I need Tommy out of that hell hole..His diabetes is blinding him and they do not even check his blood and he never even knew what I was talking about when I asked him about his blood sugar levels...He had to ask what type diabetes he has..type 2 of course but he had no idea...he just takes a pill each day..He has been "down" 13+ years and lived such a horrible life before that he has no clue about a lot of stuff it seems..should be a challenge..LOL OK Talk to you soon! : Pam
Old 01-19-2008, 08:43 AM
Banned

Got a letter yesterday and Tommy was told they should be out of Lockdown AGAIN by 22 Jan..So maybe by Tuesday they will be out again but for longer than 2.5 hours...LOL...

To tell ya the truth I am alot less stressed when they are in lockdown as I do not worry about missing his calls, being on the computer and he is trying to call (I have dial up out in the country..) So I am at ease as I know he is not fighting, or having any issues when they are in lockdown so I sort of prefer it these days...lots of less stress and costs me less $$$ then too...LOL..I Know sad for me to say that..but it is true..
Old 01-19-2008, 02:18 PM
me~n~cj

yeah i got a letter from Kevin yesterday and he said they were let out for a little bit but were back on loackdown the same day..it is crazy..yeah it IS cheaper for them to be locked down..but i hate it for him. he just goes mad !!
Old 01-19-2008, 02:23 PM
Banned

I am going to check my mail now..Only ONCE I did not get a Sat letter so hope I get one today...Lockdown does make Tommy Stir Crazy since he can not shower....He hates that and since he has been down 13+ years he is pretty calm compared to how he used to be, but I would not wish living in that cell on anyone... They should let them out for Rec or something in small groups or something..BUT Then again I guess there showers every 3-5 days is what they consider rec..LOL Hurry 2010..I am tired of Coleman in lockdowns...
Old 01-19-2008, 04:36 PM
me~n~cj

i really dont understand why they lock untis up that werent even involved , why not just lockdown the ones who were involved instead of punishing everyone? kevin says... "There comes a point when locking a man in a cellfor weeks because of another mans actions, denying him a shower, phone calls,and feeding him like an animal, proves that the fbop is trying to take away his dignity and undermine his integrity" and quite frankly he is sick of it. i would be mad too is i kept getting punished for something someone else did. well i hope you got your letter, and i hope things get better...have a good weekend...Lisa
Old 01-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Banned

Default Got a letter and PHOTOS of my visit!

Got a letter and Tommy is good as can be expected! He sent me two photos of the 7 we took in our visits in DEC/Jan and wow am I happy to have those photos! In one I pinched his butt and he is BLUSHING..and I am looking like OOOhhh LOL I caught him off guard being down 13+ years he is not used to female contact like that for sure..LOL Very cute he is, even after 23 years of not being with him he is the sweet handsome man he was for me before... WOW I am thrilled today!

He got a letter from the warden asking inmates to PLEASE Cooperate so the lockdown can end soon...Said they are locked down due to some guys jumping another inmate..YEP Kevin is correct he is paying for the actions of some jerks who probably have LIFE and no family anymore to visit them and they do not care about anything since they are not getting out EVER anyway...They should NOT put men with those who never get out..should put all lifers in the same area since they give up and do not care if they kill anyone etc as they are not getting out anyway so more charges do not matter to them it seems...JMO..Well lets see if Monday AM we get a phone call! I have my fingers crossed! Pam
Old 01-19-2008, 08:26 PM

Default New Here

My hubby just got to Coleman I like three weeks ago and I just want to know if it is always like this with the lock downs. Does this on again off again l/d go on all of the time.

Last edited by ThaLifILiv; 01-19-2008 at 08:29 PM..
Old 01-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,379 Times in 4,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohwhatacruise
They should NOT put men with those who never get out..should put all lifers in the same area since they give up and do not care if they kill anyone etc as they are not getting out anyway so more charges do not matter to them it seems...JMO
Actually, there are a lot of "lifers" and long-term inmates who are very mellow and don't cause problems. They're older and wiser than a lot of the youngsters who think they have to prove themselves by being tough, or joining a gang, etc. You should not assume WHO is causing problems within a prison; you should find out the facts first. It's not productive to encourage inmates to turn on other inmates by categorizing or labeling them. JMO. Zelda
The Following User Says Thank You to Zelda50 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Banned

Default I am not assuming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda50
Actually, there are a lot of "lifers" and long-term inmates who are very mellow and don't cause problems. They're older and wiser than a lot of the youngsters who think they have to prove themselves by being tough, or joining a gang, etc. You should not assume WHO is causing problems within a prison; you should find out the facts first. It's not productive to encourage inmates to turn on other inmates by categorizing or labeling them. JMO. Zelda
I am not assuming anything...Categorizing them? They do that themselves! I believe they should group the OLD timers in one unit, The PUNKS in one unit, the gangs in totally separate units and MAYBE things would not go down as they do all the time with someone sitting at the WRONG table causing someone to get jumped as happened this last lockdown..Tommy was 3 feet from the action and told me someone sat in the wrong place and a brawl started....

OK It sounded like I was blaming a lifer but I do know that many guys who are down forever will not care if they get more charges and yes many are mellow like Tommy...so not all issues are lifers you are correct. Most are the young guns who have to "prove" themselves of course...Whatever I think can not encourage anyone and if you notice they are all segregated on their own..Just try to get a white guy to live with a Dominican..AIN'T happening in Coleman or any other prison I bet.....because that is what they did to Tommy, put him with a Dom guy and the Dominican started apologizing right away and got all nervous....He could see Tommy was not staying there, as that is not ALLOWED by their OWN "jailing" rules...so they moved him to another white guys cell where he is now.

I know from what Tommy has experienced that prisons are the most segregated places on earth and maybe if the prisons went ahead and made each unit of a certain group their own dining place etc there would be less stress..afterall if a white guy is only dining in an area with other whites he has no chance of getting jumped by a Hispanic gang who does not eat in their facility at the same time...Make any sense?

That is what I think they should do, just separate each group that the inmates CLEARLY separate themselves into anyway..sure would cut down the stress, fighting, shankings etc etc.. This is just what I think, You of course are free to think otherwise.

Tommy explained to me that if a black disrespects him he goes to the "Leader" of the whites and it is taken care of and vice versa with all other races that is how things are done..Seems if they segregate them that would cut down on lots of the issues they have due to the "jailing" rules that inmates MUST live by to get along... That is how the inmates live anyway they should make it official is what I am saying I guess...

Coleman 1 was in Lockdown first week in Jul and then From around 24 Oct to 14 Dec then 7 Jan until current situation of lockdown so they do expereice problably more than their share of lockdowns...

Last edited by ohwhatacruise; 01-19-2008 at 09:59 PM..
Old 01-20-2008, 12:09 AM
Donation Award 

I wasn't really talking about categories of race, etc. I was just responding to the one issue of saying that lifers cause problems because they have nothing to lose and your suggestion that they segregate the lifers from the other inmates. There are lifers who can offer valuable insight and knowledge to the youngsters, though usually the shorter term inmates never get to know the lifers cause they keep to themselves. Many of the long-term inmates do have families and friends that they care about being able to visit and talk with. As for the prison segregating different races and cultural groups - seems like they already allow the prisoners to do that themselves if they wish and that's O.K. by me. Don't really want prisons to become more controlling than they already are. Sorry about the constant lockdowns - that is a drag for those not involved in the problems.

Last edited by Zelda50; 01-20-2008 at 12:12 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Zelda50 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda50
I wasn't really talking about categories of race, etc. I was just responding to the one issue of saying that lifers cause problems because they have nothing to lose and your suggestion that they segregate the lifers from the other inmates. There are lifers who can offer valuable insight and knowledge to the youngsters, though usually the shorter term inmates never get to know the lifers cause they keep to themselves. Many of the long-term inmates do have families and friends that they care about being able to visit and talk with. As for the prison segregating different races and cultural groups - seems like they already allow the prisoners to do that themselves if they wish and that's O.K. by me. Don't really want prisons to become more controlling than they already are. Sorry about the constant lockdowns - that is a drag for those not involved in the problems.
I do believe that someone who is never getting out is more likely to kill someone in a fight or something as HEY he is not getting out anyway what does he care.... Just something I think happens in there and I do know Tommy's Cellie has been in I think 36 years with 20 or so more to go and he started a fight with Tommy that Tommy finished having to REMEMBER that he wants to GET out to see me so he stopped hitting his cellie..I think if his cellie had 26 months left he would not have started a Physical fight having a chance to ruin his chances of getting out..Tommy said The guy has not learned anything in his 36 or so years being down and should know better..

That is my belief..

The Warden letter Tommy just got said a group jumped an inmate therefore the lockdown..They are NOT even getting their usual 1 hot meal now just bagged meals..So I hope the lockdown ends tomorrow like the last one...
Old 01-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Banned

HEY USP Coleman 1 THEY ARE OUT OF LOCKDOWN GOT 3 calls today!
Old 01-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Banned

Tommy Called TONIGHT about 8 pm their time in FL and said SOMETHING MAY BE GOING DOWN IN USP COLEMAN 1 in case he does not call he thinks they may be back into lockdown.....to beware if he does not call in the morning...so heads up girls he said the same thing this first lockdown and he was correct....
Old 01-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Banned

Well he called and they have separated the units when they eat etc so maybe they are trying to get CONTROL in other ways other than lockdown...Said the whole place is like divided in TWO parts now and they are keeping one side from the other but he is not sure they are done yet..but not in lockdown today at least not yet....

I called Coleman this morning and for the FIRST TIME EVER The front Lobby answered the phones! That was a weird thing...then 15 minutes later Tommy called...
Hurry 2010 I am tired of Coleman already! LOL
Old 01-24-2008, 11:08 PM

Default coleman usp 1 and 2 on lockdown

i' m new to the forum ladies, but i truly know how you feel about your man/men always on lockdown because my fiance' is in coleman 2 and i'm missing him like crazy due to this lockdown situtation and to me i basically consider the facility as being on lockdown for 3 months because they got lockdown on nov 2,2007 and came on nov 26,2007 and was off for only 9 whole days and back on lockdown on dec 6,2007 until present so for all you ladies all i can tell you is if you know the visiting days then always call before you travel to visit because you never know when they're gonna be on lockdown because i myself personally call friday-monday and when you call never believe what the officers tell you about them coming off lockdown because they don't really know they just assuming.

so ladies hang in there and be strong not only for yourself but for your man as well because we feel their pain.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:30 PM

Default coleman usp 1 and 2 on lockdown

hey ladies i don't mean to put you all on front street but i totally agree with everything you all have said but i have something to say and this is coming from the heart of a woman who truly loves her man anything that your man / husband may tell you about what's going on in the institution try not to place certain things on the site because they really don't like the inmates discussing what goes on in the facility itself because once you start mentioning names that could become a problem for your man/husband and bring about drama and i know you don't want them getting into any trouble over some craziness cause it's already enough of that going on in there already so all i'm saying is be careful with your choice of words.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Banned

That is why I do not use his real name...I do not want issues for him for sure but even his mom has no idea who I am talking about if I use this name! LOL
Old 01-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Donation Award 

Several staff persons were just arrested - see other thread. Z.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:07 AM

Default fcc coleman usp 1 and 2

zelda in which coleman complex did the incidents happen with those officer,with their crooked a--. because my fiance' is in usp 2
Old 01-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Banned

Here is the article from WESH.com news in Orlando...Just says the FCC complex some were guards havng sex with the women inmates at the camp so could be from all of the prisons there...

OCALA, Fla. --
Several federal prison guards have been arrested and accused of smuggling contraband and weapons into Coleman Federal penitentiary in Sumter County.Former federal corrections Officer Louis Viera is facing a 27-count indictment, which could lead to more than 20 years in prison.Federal investigators said Viera took bribes in order to smuggle contraband into the Coleman Federal Penitentiary, including furnishing knives to inmates.

Shielding his face from the camera, Viera declined to comment on the accusations when asked by WESH 2's Bob Kealing.Kendra Drain, former treatment specialist at the prison, is accused of taking money to provide marijuana for inmates she was supposed to be counseling.Federal investigators said former corrections Officer Calvin Williams and his girlfriend, Angel Jackson, smuggled cell phones and tobacco into the prison, in exchange for money and assistance investing in the stock market.Former corrections Officer William Allen Blanton of Ocala is accused of having sex with an inmate.When they appeared before a federal magistrate in Ocala Thursday afternoon, all of the accused former prison employees pleaded not guilty and were released on bond.The U.S. Attorney will be holding a news conference Friday morning at the courthouse to lay out the corruption investigation in greater detail.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Banned

He is trying to educate me to the world inprison, as I am naive about so many prison things and I tend to talk to everyone, hitch hikers etc..lol..SO I just frustrate the heck out of him when I said I spent 30 minutes talking to the female inmate...I told him how 5 women got locked up for refusing to serve the men and he understood..but I guess after 2 months of lockdown he was frustrated and thought it would end soon if women did not help..The last week of this past lockdown they had to eat bag meals all 3 meals, they stopped the one hot meal they were getting. I meant to ask him if the women were serving them again..I will ask him tomorrow.

As for the OIG Inspection I started a thread about the news report of the corrupt officers at Coleman and one was a male CO who had sex with a female inmate...maybe that is the one with the stillborn baby..so sad..The thread says Coleman in the News as the title I think....

Last edited by ohwhatacruise; 01-26-2008 at 07:00 PM..