Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Louisiana that do not fit into any other Louisiana sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Elizabeth

Exclamation Louisiana Facility Information Needed

Hey guys . I'm working on a project for the LA forum to pull together as much information I can on the prisons, jails, detention centers, etc at the parish and state levels. Whatever information I can find I will make available on the forum. In order to do this I need the help of the LA PTO Members. We are the best source of information because we are visiting these facilities. So whatever information ya'll have on the facilities ya'll have or are currently experiencing let me know. I'm looking for things like addresses, phone numbers, visitation rules and regulations, what we can and cannot send by mail, what programs the facility has or doesn't have, etc.. So, this is the first step in building up this forum and trying to sort out the crazy DOC system. Lord knows, they wont do it for us. So lets all pull together and find out some info . Any info you have is better than none. Feel free to pm me or post whatever information you have.

Also, if there is anything i can do for anyone let me know. I will do my best to answer whatever questions you have.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2006, 09:59 AM

I typed this from my visitation letter, hope it will be useful. Inmates are allowed to have picnic visits every 3 months, but if you go to the picnic visit you can't go for a regular visit again for 2 weeks.
CCA WINN CORRECTIONAL CENTER
VISITOR INFORMATION
Inmates will be allowed to have approved visitors on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and on Christmas Holiday. Visiting hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Each visitor on the offender’s approved visiting list shall be allowed to visit the offender every other week. No consecutive weekends and no consecutive days will be allowed.

Visitors who travel more than four hours at normal driving speed will be allowed a three-hour visit without requesting a special visit.

RV’s and large trucks are not allowed inside the facility. No parking on Hwy 560 is allowed. All vehicles are subject to search by personnel and drug detecting K9.

Inmates in Extended Lockdown will be permitted visitors on Sunday between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Working Cell Block Level 2 will be allowed to visit Saturday between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon. Level 3 inmates will be allowed to visit on Saturday & Sunday between 8: a.m. and 12:00noon.

Inmates will be assigned seating by Security Personnel and at no time during the visit should this be altered with another inmate and family unless authorized by Security Staff. Violation of seating assignment will result in disciplinary action and/or possible visitation termination.

All inmates housed in Administrative Segregation are non-contact visits unless otherwise approved by the Warden or his designee. Access to vending machines for inmates housed in Administrative Segregation is as follows: Once the visitor has purchased the item(s) – only 1 drink and 1 snack per visit – they are to given unopened to the officer on duty, for delivery to the inmate. Visitors are not allowed to give items to the inmates themselves.

***WARNING***: NO ITEMS MAY BE EXCHANGED BETWEEN VISITORS AND INMATES (watches, rings etc)

Shift supervisors have the option to modify visitation rules depending on available space and other needs. Each visit will be limited to two hours. Exceptions will be on a case by case basis and are to be accomplished by prior arrangements. No more than three adults and a maximum of (4) four children 14yrs of age and younger will be allowed to visit with an inmate at one time, unless prior arrangements have been approved.

Money can be deposited into the inmate’s account at the ControlCenter in the AdministrationBuilding. This can only be done upon entrance and not exiting visitation. Funds may only be deposited into the account of the inmate, which you are visiting at that particular time, and only by money order. Visitors may not leave the visitation area to do this.

Proper dress is mandatory. No shorts see through clothing or any form of seductive garments shall be allowed. Male visitors must wear long pants and full length shirts, long or short sleeves. Male visitors shall not be allowed to wear a combination of blue jeans and gray and white sweatshirts. Shoes must be considered sturdy footwear. No open toe shoes, clogs slides, flip flops, house shoes, etc are not allowed to be worn at this facility. Coats may be worn in the winter but are subject to being searched at any time during the visit and must be left outside the visiting room prior to visiting. Shift supervisors have the discretion not to allow entrance into the facility for anyone deemed inappropriately dressed.

*Only one inmate can visit any one family group at a time.
*Smoking is not permitted.
*No one is permitted off the patio.

Visitors are prohibited from engaging in the following activities:

a. Loitering around the Front Gate or AdministrationBuilding.
b. Walking along the perimeter Road.
c. Loud Playing of radios.
d. Shouting at inmates.
e. Photographing structures, fences, etc.

Visitors are required to keep children in their immediate area and as orderly as possible.

Visitors must present valid picture ID.

Any person may be refused approval to visit and can be removed from the approved visiting list if the visitor does not comply with the rules of the institution during a visit.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:08 AM

Oh yeah...(Winn Facility) at the picnic visit each visitor is allowed to bring in one pack of cigarettes, but no lighters. And you can wear opened toed shoes, the invitation letter just says street shoes. I don't have a copy of the invitation (for the picnic visit) letter or I would type what it says. My letter did some time bouncing around in the mail. I do know that you have to present the invitation letter when you go for the first picnic visit, but you don't have to after subsequent visits, still a good idea to bring it with you just in case.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Elizabeth

Thanks for responding Fizz, I'll put this into the project
Old 07-13-2006, 04:48 PM
PTO Member

My husband is in the Catahoula Correctional Center in Louisiana
All I have is a visitaion scedule. they have different dorm schedules this is the July Scedule.
July 2006
1st-a dorm
2nd-b dorm
8th-e and c
9th-d dorm
15th-b dorm
16th-a dorm
22nd-d dorm
23rd- e dorm and c dorm
29th-a dorm
30th-b dorm

Trustees visit every weekend either saturday or sunday 8 am -10 am or 1pm to 4pm
Trustees may request a picnic visit.

let me know if you want august schedule

Last edited by donovans wife; 07-13-2006 at 04:58 PM..
Old 07-13-2006, 04:52 PM
PTO Member

the address to the Catahoula Correctional Center or (C.C.C.) is
499 OLD columbia rd.
Harrisonburg La
Phone number is 1-318-744-2121
If you have a loved one there just put your
loved ones name over the address they will get it.
You May only send letters and money orders.

Last edited by donovans wife; 07-13-2006 at 04:53 PM..
Old 07-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Elizabeth

Thanks Donovans Wife!
Old 07-14-2006, 09:08 AM
Elizabeth

I would love the august schedule if you have it so I can post it for anyone else that may need it.
Thanks so much!

let me know if you want august schedule[/quote]
Old 07-16-2006, 12:16 AM
PTO Member

Alrighty here is the August Schedule 2006
5th E and C
6th D
12th B
13th A
19th D
20th E and C
26th A
27th B

Thats All for August
Old 07-16-2006, 12:19 AM
PTO Member

Here Is September 2006
2ND E AND C
3RD D
9TH B
10TH A
16TH D
17TH E AND C
23RD A
24TH B
30TH E AND C

Thats all for September
Old 07-16-2006, 12:22 AM
PTO Member

Here is October 2006
1ST D
7TH B
8TH A
14TH D
15TH E AND C
21ST A
22ND B
28TH E AND C
29TH D
Thats all for October
Old 07-16-2006, 12:24 AM
PTO Member

Here is November 2006
4TH B
5TH A
11TH D
12TH E AND C
18TH A
19TH B
25TH E AND C
26TH D
Thats all for November
Old 07-16-2006, 12:26 AM
PTO Member

Here is December
2ND B
3RD A
9TH D
10TH E AND C
16TH A
17TH B
23RD E AND C
24TH D
30TH B
31ST A
That all for December
Old 07-16-2006, 12:28 AM
PTO Member

I dont have the scedule for next year yet but when I get it I will post it for you all,
Hope it will be of use.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Elizabeth

Thanks
Old 07-16-2006, 03:50 PM
PTO Member

your welcome
Old 07-22-2006, 11:34 PM

Here's what little I know about West Baton Rouge Parish, and I mean LITTLE. First off, I live in NM, my BF's crime was and still is aired on the news so when a friend of mine saw it on the web by chance she called me. Once they mentioned what facility my BF was in, I called the WBRP, the prison number is on their website, and asked if my BF was in there. They gave little information on charges and etc. But did give me the address which got me in touch.
As for letters, I have been able to overnight 7 page letters (that's the max) and money orders when you do this you must waive the signature on delievery, the post office can help you with that. I know that you can only sent 3 pictures at a time. But I'm unsure if you can send 3 pictures with a 7 page letter or if total amount in envelope can only equal 7. I always just keep everything 7 pages or under just to be safe. Also, you must put a full name and address on the envelopes or they get rejected. Also they receive their mail in the mornings and mail doesn't run on Saturdays or Sundays for them. From LA to NM, his letters can take 3 to 7 days to get to me. From NM to LA, he usually gets my letters in about 2 to 3 days if I get them out so they aren't delievered over the weekend.
Phone calls: He seems to be able to call just about anytime before 10:30pm which is lock down. He's called me as early as 8 a.m. Each call is 15 minutes long and sometimes they have to try numerous times to get an out going line. I use infinity networks prepaid account to talk to him. You need a minimum of $25 when you add money to the account. Infinity will give you a pin # that they MUST have to call you. Local calls in the 225 area code are $1.75, long distance for me is $8.75 a call. Which is still much cheaper than when he calls straight collect those calls are $17.30 a call.
On the inside: I know his unit which is H, goes outside for 2 hours a week on Tuesdays. And H unit's vistitation days are Wednesday's I believe the hours are 8am to 10am...and then 4pm to 6pm. But I may be off on the exact hours. The inmate must submit a form with all your info on it on the Friday before. I believe the information the inmate needs for this form is your birthdate, your drivers license number, address, and social security number. The visits are only 15 minutes long, and I don't know if there is contact or glass. (I've never actually been) and you can only go either in the morning or the afternoon, not both.
I know that they can purchase tennis shoes which cost $35 and personal walkmen, which if I remember correctly was $10. I'll have to check on that price. I know they have access to books, but I don't know where they get them.
If I can think of anything else, I'll post it. Hope this helps someone.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:59 PM
IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER!
Donation Award 

Default Caldwell Detention Center

Here is what my step-son told me about Caldwell:

Address: Caldwell Detention Center
701 Hwy 845
Grayson, LA 71435

Visiting Schedule:
Dorms A & C - 1st and 3rd weekends
Dorm B - 2nd and 4th weekend

Visitation is held from 12PM-3PM each day. He thinks you can have up to 6 adults per visit and that the number of kids doesn't matter, as long as they are under 15 years old.

Classes offered: GED, CLD, AA/NA, Anger Management, Parenting, HIV Prevention, Social Advancement. (All of which he teaches! So proud of that boy!!) They also have church meetings on Friday and Sunday.

This unit houses about 240 inmates - about 70 per dorm.

They have satellite television in the dorms. Phones come on at 6AM and stay on till 10PM.

He says the food is horrible and the commissary is high. He did mention that they could buy calling cards through commissary - $15 for 30 minutes or $20 for 40 minutes. It's cheaper than we pay for the collect calls - about $20 for 15 minutes.

He'll be moving soon to David Wade Correctional Center - so I'll have him send me some info on that unit when he gets there and settles in.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:21 PM

Any info on Madison Parish? PM me, please!!! Boyfriend just got sent there.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:04 PM

I have just alittle more to add to my last post, I found out that..

West Baton Rouge Parish:
You can send an unlimited amount of pages in your letters.
You are limited though to 3 pictures per envelope.
You CAN send books or magazines from a bookstore or company.
They can have an unlimited amount of $$$ on their accounts (books).

I will post anything else I find out in the future. Hope this will help someone else.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:15 PM
Elizabeth

Thanks guys
Old 09-27-2006, 08:24 PM

Fizz, I'm not on much but I think I still have a copy of letter on picnic visit. They are really worth the wait.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:24 PM

At Winn Correctional your visits are every other week. The length of visit depends on distance you drive and if inmate is a Trustee. Picnic visits depend on write ups. You will have to wait 180 days for your first picnic visit. Dress code same as normal visit. Picnic visits are from 8AM - 4PM. You will have to pre-order & pre- pay for food from The Smoke House. They offer plate lunches or you can buy fresh meat and Bar-B-Que. If you smoke or your man does make sure you have matches. Cigaretts must be unopened pack, some gaurds will let you bring 2 packs but the guard at desk in visiting room must hold 2 pack and you bring empty pack to them and they will trade out. Now just because visit starts at 8AM doesn't mean you will get in at that time and normally they end by 3-3:30. You can not visit the weekend before or following your Picnic visit. Also it counts as a regular visit. After 1st Picnic visit you and your man will get one every 90 days long has he has no write ups. Most of the men enjoy doing the Bar-B-Que, I think because it is as close to being home with us they can get.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:00 AM

Default West Baton Rouge Parish

Since we are planning on our first visit coming up in a few months..I have the times for his visits...I still need to find out if they schedule these by last names or units.. but the hours don't change just the days...
For my BF who is in unit H and his last name starts with a G...

Wednesdays
8am to 11am and 1pm to 4pm

They ARE no-contact and only 15 minutes long. (It is possible to have them extended by the warden. We believe the most is 30 minutes however. I will be calling the warden as my visit grows closer to extend my vist. 18 hours is a long way to drive for just 15 minutes.So any info I get from that conversation I will pass along.)
Again, you can only pick one time period to go, either in the A.M or the P.M., not both. (I think I posted that before)
Inmate DOES need YOUR driver's license and birthdate. And he HAS to submit the visitor form the Friday before the visit.

(I guess I should scroll down and see if I've all ready added this.... )
Commissary orders are turned in on Tuesdays and they receive the items the following Friday. So money needs to be on their books, I would say no later than Monday's?

Here's a few weird pieces of information I picked up from my BF, they don't have community showers. I'm not sure what he actually showers in, but he says they are single stalls. Also the inside (where my BF is) is blue and white. (I asked him this for some reason on a phone call... )Tid-bit, they call the warden, the one man gang, I guess he used to be some pro wrestler, he stands 7 ft tall. My BF says "He's an ok guy if you're ok to him"

There are 3 phones available, but they tend to be tied up at night. And Sundays..forget about it....even if they can get through...the other guys are so LOUD watching the football games..you can't hear anyway.
I know the common area is downstairs and the "cells" are upstairs. They cut the phones and TV off at 10:30 pm and start "herding" (this is what him and I call it) them up.

The guards wake them up at 445am, at this time they can either go back to sleep or get out of their cells. Phones come back on at 7am.
The only things available for them to drink is watered down kool aid and water. (every once and again, some cold coffee).

Well this is all I have. And it seems to just be a continuation of the information I've all ready posted. My BF doesn't like to talk about the "jail" so it's hard squeezing things out of him . But when I can catch him in a "good" mood I try to hit him up for what little he's willing to offer. Sorry if I have repeated myself here. But I hope I've added some new things as well.

Will keep posting any and all information I get
B
Old 10-26-2006, 01:31 AM

Default West Baton Rouge Parish....Store Prices

I was able to get my BF to come off of some prices for some of the things he buys every week or month. So I wanted to add that here before I lost it....

$2.25 Deoderant
$7.50 Cigarettes (roll your own)
$2.00 Legal Pad (yellow)
$2.70 Toothpaste (LARGE tube, he says last a month or more)
$22.00 Radio (personal headset type)
$3.00 Pack of AA batteries
$10.00 Headphones (extra set)
$30.00 Tennis Shoes
$.10 Pack of matches
$.40 Black Pen (just one)
$.30 Envelopes (actually only $.10 a piece but you have to buy them
in 3's)

$1.17 Stamps (like the envelopes you have to purchase them in 3's)
$5.00 Coffee (not sure how much this buys but it lasts him 2 weeks)

That's all I could get out of him tonight, this is all he has bought or does buy on a regular basis's. I'll keep asking him for stuff, I know there's a lot more he's not telling me....

Again, I hope this helps.