Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Louisiana that do not fit into any other Louisiana sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlynnrich View Post
Kerri, I have been wishing for this for a long time, but never seems to happen because the police officers and the district attorneys along with others keep blocking it. I have been following the legislature since my husband have been down and the only thing that has come out positive is nothing. Every year I follow the new laws but they always be shot down. I have emailed several of the Representatives and no reply back. Mr. Leger is one of the legislatures that is behind the habitual offenders but as usual nothing, I was told that Rep. Smith, she is working on somethings right now, i have emailed her but she has never responded to me at all.
girl I guess we are in the same boat, being in the same area, I am already trying to figure out how to get my husband out of St. Tammany and into WCI...St. Tammany has had a bullseye on his back since he was 20 years old, why we have not moved from this area I do not know, I miss Bogalusa, at least Washington Parish was not like this...I feel like I am just running in circles...have you heard anything on good defense attorneys??? i have talked to buddy spells and mark lane, but dont know which one to go with or where to even start!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrinneil1119 View Post
girl I guess we are in the same boat, being in the same area, I am already trying to figure out how to get my husband out of St. Tammany and into WCI...St. Tammany has had a bullseye on his back since he was 20 years old, why we have not moved from this area I do not know, I miss Bogalusa, at least Washington Parish was not like this...I feel like I am just running in circles...have you heard anything on good defense attorneys??? i have talked to buddy spells and mark lane, but dont know which one to go with or where to even start!!!
I have really never even heard of those guys and the ones that are good, cost so much money. My husband was in Franklinton City Jail, and then they shipped him to Dequincy, La because he caught staff infection in his face. In order for me to get him moved to WCI (Rayburn) I had to call the Legislatures and let them know that Dequincy was to far for me to be traveling by myself and that I was falling the sleep on the way home. I was also living in Bogalusa, so that my have played a major role in it too. But he has to write the legislature of this district and tell them why he want to be moved and they will help him.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlynnrich View Post
I have really never even heard of those guys and the ones that are good, cost so much money. My husband was in Franklinton City Jail, and then they shipped him to Dequincy, La because he caught staff infection in his face. In order for me to get him moved to WCI (Rayburn) I had to call the Legislatures and let them know that Dequincy was to far for me to be traveling by myself and that I was falling the sleep on the way home. I was also living in Bogalusa, so that my have played a major role in it too. But he has to write the legislature of this district and tell them why he want to be moved and they will help him.
Girl dont I know they are expensive and I am not working yet. I am stressed...trying to figure out what i'm going to do about a place to live and trying to get a lawyer...i dont know what to do!!! It is just so much craziness!!!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Still KraZee in Love !

Thanked 4,362 Times in 2,176 Posts

I feel that it's very difficult to a get a straight answer about anything in our state, especially in our prison system. All I ever get is more confused than I was before I ask for something !!! This law passes, no it didn't ! This is what this law means, no it doesn't ! It's like WTF !?! For example- new law for parole board supposedly now is decided by a majority vote to grant parole, then someone else says no, it's still granted only by a unanimous decision ! Like what ? Nobody knows anything for sure about something so freakin' simple as that !! Much less anything else ! I would love to be in our Louisiana forum more often and I DO come in from time to time to see if anything is changed and everytime I do, I still see the state of confusion it always is when I check it out . It's not our fault or anyone here on PTO Louisiana. It this Louisiana justice system and the whole way our government is run ! You think I don't know what I'm talking about !? I've been involved in Louisiana politics since I was fourteen years old and I worked for Governor Edwards campaign committee calling voters to go out and vote ! So I DO know what I'm talking about ! Its been nothing but confusion from day one and I get headaches trying to make any sense of our states government. I'm done asking questions. At this point , I feel it's important for all of us with a. Incarcerated loved one to be here for each other and comfort one another and that is what I feel is all we have control of.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:31 PM

I feel ya on that...this is a lot of confusion, especially with all the new good time laws that are out there right now. No one knows for sure which ones have passed and which ones havent. It is crazy in our state, we have been a state full of corruption from the start and it has not really changed all that much. I wish there was something that could be done in our systems, but there is just not enough support. The facts are that the rich get richer and the poor stay the same no matter what the elected officials say!!! Our prison system is a shame, they are overcrowded and under staffed, why, because each facility gets money per inmate, and that means more pay for the big wigs in charge. It truly is a shame!

KERRI AND NEIL STICKER
The Following User Says Thank You to kerrinneil1119 For This Useful Post:
Geauxin'KraZee (02-17-2011)
Old 02-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,743 Times in 7,284 Posts

And, THAT my dear ladies is why we need to stick together and work for CHANGE!! I believe this state has delighted in keeping us in the dark for far too long!! We need to stay on the butts of our legislators until they straighten up this archaic Napoleonic law that we're under.

The Following User Says Thank You to LifeTraveler For This Useful Post:
Geauxin'KraZee (02-17-2011)
Old 02-17-2011, 05:28 PM
Still KraZee in Love !

Thanked 4,362 Times in 2,176 Posts

You are absolutely right ! That's why I plan on sticking around here after my man comes home. I don't wish this kind of confusion on anyone else coming in this screwed up prison system in the future. It's time for change and it's time we speak with a roaring loud voice ! I'm ready to go to the extremes necessary for change !
AsianPrincess (11-17-2018)
Old 03-08-2011, 08:21 PM

Hey everyone, sorry been without internet for a couple of weeks. I have had some major blessings though. I lost my home after my hubby went to jail and the day i was having to move out a lady gave me a trailer!!! I could not have asked for a bigger angel!! Hubby is still doing time awaiting court dates of course. His orginal release date has come and gone, but we are staying strong together!!! On a lighter note I graduate this week with my associates degree in psychology. I hope everyone is doing well. Now just to get all our loved ones home and we would all be happy. Or even just a way to make it a little easier on them.

KERRI AND NEIL STICKER
Old 03-09-2011, 01:46 AM

Donation Award 

Wow Kerri!! I always say that the good Lord doesn't close one door without opening another one. What a blessing for someone to give you a roof to put over your head.

Congratulations on the degree!!

Old 07-16-2011, 10:10 PM

We do need more info on La. DOC. My husband has been down for 10 years, so I've been dealing with this rotten system for awhile. Just ask what you want and I'll try and aswer. I'm new to this site, so just be patient with me. I learned about this site browsing the internet. I'm looking for more info on Phelps CC. My husband was just transferred there. He had been at Hunts CC.
Remydroddy (10-01-2012)
Old 07-18-2011, 04:54 AM
Loves my man 4 ever

mine is at bossier parish Medium i don't know much about expect no contact visits and you get one hour with per visit
Old 07-18-2011, 08:39 AM

I think it's just the parish jails that are moving towards the video visitations. As far as I know, DOC is keeping the contact visits (as long as they're not on any restrictions, of course). And parish jails are housing DOC inmates. They make more money off of them.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:45 AM
Lost in love

i feel left out! LOL Hello all my LOUISIANA buddieslol

S0METiMES i W0NDER iF L0VE iS W0RTH FIGHTING FOR, BUT THEN i REMEMBER Y0UR FACE & iM READY FOR WAR

MARCH 5, 2013 HAS COME & GONE! SO HAPPY TO HAVE MY LOVE BACK HOME!
Old 07-18-2011, 02:07 PM

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelove113 View Post
i feel left out! LOL Hello all my LOUISIANA buddieslol
Aw, aw...don't feel left out. Come on here with the rest of us.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Banned

Ok folks, what happened to the bit of enthusiasm you had in 2011? Like, we're you able to do anything, or find put where to fight for your loved ones? I was told by a local, that my sons troubles began after a very hot campaign with the incumbent, Lydia Jackson and a old politician why wanted the senate seat BACK! My son and others, we're supporting Lydia. It was one month after her defeat, that he was embroiled in this rape accusation mess!

Now, is that someone's vivid imagination, or are Louisiana politics this sick? I'm from Alabama, and new to THIS state, but I'm happy with current representatives. We've not had anyone hiding money in their freezer for a long while :-)

Where are you LA folks? There's SO much to do! I've already read WiLbur Rideaus book, and some of Sinclaires!

Spiffy heart
Old 06-22-2012, 06:55 AM
I will continue to wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiffy-heart View Post
Ok folks, what happened to the bit of enthusiasm you had in 2011? Like, we're you able to do anything, or find put where to fight for your loved ones? I was told by a local, that my sons troubles began after a very hot campaign with the incumbent, Lydia Jackson and a old politician why wanted the senate seat BACK! My son and others, we're supporting Lydia. It was one month after her defeat, that he was embroiled in this rape accusation mess!

Now, is that someone's vivid imagination, or are Louisiana politics this sick? I'm from Alabama, and new to THIS state, but I'm happy with current representatives. We've not had anyone hiding money in their freezer for a long while :-)

Where are you LA folks? There's SO much to do! I've already read WiLbur Rideaus book, and some of Sinclaires!

Spiffy heart
The La. justice system is VERY corrupt.to where it is sickening, everything revolves around the almighty dollar, the more I dig into this mess the worse it gets. No one wants to talk to you, i've emailed the Govenors office several times all I get is they've turned it over to DOC or parole board, i've called and emailed Senator Vitter, no responce, the same with Rep. Neil Riser, no one has time nor gives a crap about my matter. My man is down for 12yrs for a 1st time nonviolent SB charge but yet a guy I know here this past wkend was arrested for his "4th" DWI among other charges and was let walk and told to leave the state for a yr and it would be forgotten, WTH?? and this coming from our DA that just had the sheriff arrested for fixing tickets...
Old 06-22-2012, 07:45 AM
A woman in waiting

Just for kicks try Mary landrys office. Democrats tend to.be more humane!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:25 AM
I will continue to wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiebelle1973 View Post
Just for kicks try Mary landrys office. Democrats tend to.be more humane!
thanks, I will do that.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:42 AM
A woman in waiting

I'd write to every congressman too. Even if nothing happens makes waves. I'd go to the media next. My man is going to help me cause a few waves. We are waiting till he's out so he want me further misstreated
Old 06-22-2012, 09:58 AM
I will continue to wait!

i just sent her a lenghty email, now to wait, yes that's my fear as well causing any trouble for him.( sigh )
Old 06-23-2012, 03:11 AM
A woman in waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patientwaiter
i just sent her a lenghty email, now to wait, yes that's my fear as well causing any trouble for him.( sigh )
Maybe she will respond. Don't hold your breath where the worthless governor is concerned. He's part of the problem!
Old 06-23-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippy View Post
Hello out there

To all of the Louisiana members, can we please try and share more with each other. I am learning a lot from members in other states, but I think that we need to get our story out a little more. There is so much that is going on, and we need so much assistance.

You all know that Louisiana has different laws from other the other states, so we really need to share with one another. I just want to get us started.

Please let's start sharing...thanks...
i agree to this 100% .. i have learned ALOT of USELESS information about OTHER states .. but LOUISIANA is what i am concerned with .. i wish there were a "LOUISIANA ONLY" section .. so where we could try and HELP EACH OTHER !!! .. sending hugs to all .. xo
The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenSentMe911 For This Useful Post:
Remydroddy (10-01-2012)
Old 06-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenSentMe911

i agree to this 100% .. i have learned ALOT of USELESS information about OTHER states .. but LOUISIANA is what i am concerned with .. i wish there were a "LOUISIANA ONLY" section .. so where we could try and HELP EACH OTHER !!! .. sending hugs to all .. xo
Well HeavenSent, we are very happy to see you! It's been a bit lonely here! There are about a half dozen, I've met who have been here recently. Dixie's husband is newly in jail, and hubby has cancer. Chris has a lady love, he's waiting for...sitting in his recliner chair, there's a beautiful brown lady, who lives in Calif. but hubby is in prison in La. There are others, but I'm old, and have poor memory :-) you'd think with Louisiana being the prison Capitol of the world, there would be hundreds of us!

I myself visit here, the Parents With Children in Prison and LASO mostly. I'm a grandmother, mother of a good son (my only child) who was wrongfully convicted, is in Claiborne Detention. I, and his step dad live on the gulf coast of Alabama, and sons Daddy is in La. We are 65, 81, and 71 respectively. We've found that once he was convicted, we are all he's got.

Our fearless leader, Life Traveler, a Cajun from and lives La. She keeps us straightened out! Helps us know where to put our posts, delets them when they need deleting, and let's us know why, and sometimes just moves them for us! Don't know how they do it because I get SO lost! I JUST found what the stickies were!

Spiffy Heart
Mother of a good son
Old 06-23-2012, 07:18 PM
A woman in waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiffy-heart

Well HeavenSent, we are very happy to see you! It's been a bit lonely here! There are about a half dozen, I've met who have been here recently. Dixie's husband is newly in jail, and hubby has cancer. Chris has a lady love, he's waiting for...sitting in his recliner chair, there's a beautiful brown lady, who lives in Calif. but hubby is in prison in La. There are others, but I'm old, and have poor memory :-) you'd think with Louisiana being the prison Capitol of the world, there would be hundreds of us!

I myself visit here, the Parents With Children in Prison and LASO mostly. I'm a grandmother, mother of a good son (my only child) who was wrongfully convicted, is in Claiborne Detention. I, and his step dad live on the gulf coast of Alabama, and sons Daddy is in La. We are 65, 81, and 71 respectively. We've found that once he was convicted, we are all he's got.

Our fearless leader, Life Traveler, a Cajun from and lives La. She keeps us straightened out! Helps us know where to put our posts, delets them when they need deleting, and let's us know why, and sometimes just moves them for us! Don't know how they do it because I get SO lost! I JUST found what the stickies were!

Spiffy Heart
Mother of a good son
He's my fiance' he gets out in 65 days. I still think it's awful to send.innocent people to jail.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:15 AM

well i can tell you for a fact you don't want to have to do time at Tangipahoa Parish Jail the whole system is crooked and openly so from the courts on down. it's almost undescribable. there are no words to adequately describe the whole system. if you don't believe me just read the court dockets and pay attention to who with what crimes actually gets sentenced to jail time and which ones get probation with/out drug court and then how many times they get that sentence a lot of times with the same felony drug offense.. but yet the guy that was driving drunk and ran into an older couple killing both that not only left the scence of the accident but put his SUV in the shop and had it completely repaired and was discovered not turned his self in but still wasn't going to come forward only received a few years probation.......so let me see 1 DWI, 1 hit and run, 2 Vehicular Homicdes, 1 destroying evidence (suv was repainted/repaired) and no remorse....probation? really? Louisiana had got to be the biggest pile of bull poo.when you have a system like that there is nothing to tell because if it isn't swept under the rug they make sure it suits them or their purposes so in a way it would have to be proof read and approved by the powers that be...at least that's one way of looking at it.the really sad thing of it is it will never change no matter who you do or don't vote for. this is Louisiana need i say more?