Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Do u ever feel like u can't stand by your commitment 2 stand by your inmate forever?
Never, That's my answer and I'm sticking to it!!! 925 46.13%
Sometimes I feel my life is on hold but then I know he's/she's worth the wait 794 39.60%
Sometimes I do wonder what the heck I'm doing 351 17.51%
Always, I wish I never committed to him 7 0.35%
Always, I'm only in for the kids 8 0.40%
Always 10 0.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2005. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2006, 06:43 PM

I would be a liar to say that it never crosses my mind to question my decision to stay with him and wait. But you know, I truly love him and when I think about it....I can't imagine ever being with anyone else again. I have told him numerous times that I constantly question "us." So we have decided to use this time as a time to really get to know eachother. To build our love without all of the material things in life. It's just him and I through letters and phone calls. And when you think about it....what more could you ask for? Sure dinner and roses and diamonds are all nice , but I if I had the choice I much rather prefer conversation, trust, faithfullness, honesty. So although it crosses my mind on really low days whether I am making the right decision, I know that in my heart he's the one!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Aimee

No, I never doubt my decision to stand by him and wait for him. I love him tooooooo much for that!!

Old 04-03-2006, 01:54 AM
Luv J 4 Infinity & Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8ting4myluv
You can't live without your heart, and since he has mine, there's no way I could ever leave!!! This is not the way I would choose to live our lives, but we'll make the best of what we have!!
I am with w8ting all the way. I could and would never leave my baby!!! I love him with all that I am and so much more!!! This definitely isn't the way I'd choose for us to live our lives either, but one day he'll be home and we'll both know, that our love never faltered. You gotta take the good with the bad and the bad with the good. For him, I'll take it all!!!

Luther Vandross says it all:

I'd rather have bad times with you, than good times with someone else
I'd rather be beside you in a storm, than be safe and warm by myself
I'd rather have hard times together, than to have it easy apart
I'd rather have the one who holds my heart
I'll dry your eyes
Wherever you go
I will follow
I will always be
Right by your side.

Today, Tomorrow, and Always...
I Will Love Only You!!
Old 04-03-2006, 02:44 AM
Trying to stay sane...

If Scott was sentenced to anything more than six years, I don't think that I'd be able to do it. I'm still only eighteen, so it's rough. However, we have a beautiful son together, and I know that Scott is going to come home a better man. I guess I question myself at times, but I do know that he's worth the wait.
Faithfully Waiting Club Member #117
Loving My Inmate Club Member #133

Old 04-09-2006, 12:11 AM

for those who say they'll stay no matter what, why are you willing to accept the possibility of your mate doing wrong again? why does that not matter?
Emerg. Issues #4
Hoping 4 Parole #1
Loving my inmate #112
Loving my knucklehead #14
Keeping Me 1st #1

Old 04-09-2006, 11:43 AM
AKA Mrs Lynch

Well, first I want to make it very clear I do love my husband who became my husband sence hes been in. I don't know if that came out right. lol Any way my point is this, I do some times wonder what the heck I'm doing. Maybe its because of the way things were at the time he got locked up or maybe because of past issue I'm not sure. The feelings steal come up at times. He has been in 1 year and still has 5 1/2 to go.

"I resign myself to missing you for I know I have the rest of my life to wake up next to you."
Old 04-12-2006, 11:47 AM

I love my man completely!!! I met him while he was on the inside and had already done 8 years. He has another 2-5 to go, more than likely it will be five But I love him and found my soul mate finally!!! I'de rather wait five years for a true love than spend the possible rest of my life being with idiots who will never complete me the way he does!!
Old 04-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Just Waiting!!!!

Sometimes I have my doubts. I have even strayed away for a minute, but in the end I realized that no one is like him. No one will ever be able to make me feel the way he does.

He's Been Home 7 1/2 Months

Old 05-12-2006, 10:48 PM

Default Committed and/or in the dark

where you at?
Emerg. Issues #4
Hoping 4 Parole #1
Loving my inmate #112
Keeping Me 1st #1

Old 05-13-2006, 12:45 PM

My heart would never let me even if my head tried to talk me into walking away.

Nope, ain't never happening! I married my husband because he IS my heart. I liked what someone posted here. "I would rather wait some years for my soulmate than to spend some years dealing with idiots."

Amen to that - whoever it was that posted it.

OH HELL YEAH!!!

Old 05-13-2006, 03:13 PM
<3 love

i know i can wait...its my family that makes me think other wise...that makes me want more...of course i want all the things he cant give me...but the things he does give me...i dont want to be with out...the way my whole mode changes when i hear his voice or get a sweet letter....how he makes me feel...i dont want to ever be with out him....maybe i dont know alot about love but i know how i feel and i know if i make a commitment to him and forever and always commitment i know ill put all my heart into keep it...

Old 05-13-2006, 06:34 PM
I Love My Hubby!

My life is on hold...but he's worth the wait!

As of August 22, 2006
Our family is complete!
Old 05-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Stronger because of him

Question

So this is off topic but how do i get my ticker to show in here?

Last edited by dla8166; 05-13-2006 at 07:49 PM..
Old 05-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Love it or Shove it......

At times it could be really frustrating not having him here but I couldn't walk away because I can't see myself without him.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Stronger because of him

He is my Always & Forever. So much so that our wedding bands are inscribed with those words. I have a hard time once in a while but I could never ever imagine my life without him in it. Right along with my children he is the most important thing in my world.

Old 05-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Waitin' on My Ty

my Ty is my heart but there are times when i think "what if i dont make it?" but what is "what if"? i take one day at a time and so far every day i have had this feeling of longing for him and i know that i still love him and i can not imagine my life without him or with some one else i told him i would wait and that is what i am doing and what i plan on doing for the next 3yrs 9mos and 6 days lol not including any gain time awarded !

Me~n~Ty

Old 05-15-2006, 08:19 AM

i married him for better or worse. this just happens to be the worse. i can't imagine my life without him. i do feel like sometimes my life is on hold. i can't wait till he gets home and we can begin to live our lives again together.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:20 AM

I say it like this..... It depends, but atleast I know for me beyond a shadow of a doubt I will be there until the end, and I will never ever think otherwise about my husband/ baby daddy I feel like this I not saying that anyone here would but for me I would never kick a man when he is down because to me it says something about the character of a person who would, maybe perhaps that person is not there for the right reason and that is absolute love, not puppy love but love. like a soul love.

If a person does not feel this way I would strongly advise that person to stay away from a relationship like this because although you did not committ any crime your heart and soul will be incarcerated right along with that person you love you will grieve worry etc: im quite sure I don't have to tell any of you guysbut if that person does not absolutely love that person with all their heart and soul, I think it would be unfair for someone to put there self through a situation like this.

I was with my husband for 4 years before he was incarcerated and lived with him for a year and a half before he went in so I feel as though we established a well enough bond with eachother before he went in and because of this I am addicted to that man I love him so irregardless to whatever anyone says which people pretty much know not to go there with me about him I will always be down for my husband with no regreats.

On the flip side to this situation you have the people that have not really had a chance to establish that tight bond before he got incarcerated so I would kinda understand them having doubts, or if they were not sure about the relationship before he went in I could definitely understand why someone in this position would have second thoughts about doing time so to speak with this man.

Sorry for the post being so long, I vent alot.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:20 PM
Donation Award 

I dont know it depends on his honesty
Old 05-22-2006, 05:36 AM

He hasnt been in there that long 8 months he has an 18 year sentance. Although it may get reduced with his appeals. but we've been through alot already we lost our son April 23 and I really needed him then and he wasn't there for me, he still wont talk or write about it. he says he can't get emotional in there. I just don't know what to do. I don't want a man that isn't there when I need him (emotionaly)!
Old 05-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Ronnie's Lady Love!!!

I will wait as long as it takes for my honey!!! Yes it is very hard sometimes but we made a commitment to each other and I am honoring it!!
Old 05-22-2006, 02:00 PM

I can and will "wait" (I never like to call it "waiting", though.). To me love and a relationship are not things that just "happen" to you. Instead to love someone forever and unconditionally is a conscious decision we make.
Usually relationships break up because they were - at least implicitely, and at least for one partner - based on conditions and were entered in order to "try" how it goes, and there is a good chance that it won't go well over a long period of time.
If both partners consciously make the decision to unconditionally always be together and honest to themselves and to each other, it will be a relationship that lasts.
As I like to say in many of my postings: this goes for all relationships regardless of whether one is locked up or not. For if the situation is judged differently because one happens to go to prison, it is already based on conditions.
I'm in no way trying to judge the "conditional" sort of relationships or people who are less committed. But this is me and what I want to make with my life.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:14 PM

He is my love and my real soon to be husband and i will stick by him...we were together when he went in and i made a promise..but not just for that..its my love for him and the love i know he has for me..he just made some bad choices..but i know he sees that know..we were meant for each other..and i really do love him..It does get hard sometimes but we been through two years already with only one more to go!
Old 05-25-2006, 07:35 PM

Default I just wish he was home

We have about two years before he's home. I wish he were here. Just thought I'd share that. I miss him.
Emerg. Issues #4
Hoping 4 Parole #1
Loving my inmate #112
Keeping Me 1st #1

Old 05-25-2006, 07:59 PM
nicci g

There is no doubt that I love my husband very much. But I would be lying if I said there weren't days that I didn't wanna give up. We are trying to overcome all the b/s he left me with and some days its nothing I can't handle. But there are days I feel like I shouldn't have to. Let me explain. He cheated on me on our wedding day. So granted, I have alot to get over. But this I do know. I will always be there for him. Good days and bad. Maybe I won't forgive, maybe I will. But even if it did come to an end, I'd still be there for him, As of right now though, we are trying to work out the problem.