Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 05-13-2014, 07:29 PM

Does anyone know if USP Lompoc (medium) is on lockdown???? If so please reply ASAP�� thanks

Last edited by Bananaaa; 05-13-2014 at 07:35 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2014, 03:08 PM

Default Lompoc low housing condition

Hi, my friend is going to the Lompoc low. He would like to know the housing condition such as bed, how many people in room or floor, toilets & showers private or not? Is any one know, pleas reply. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soe View Post
Hi, my friend is going to the Lompoc low. He would like to know the housing condition such as bed, how many people in room or floor, toilets & showers private or not? Is any one know, pleas reply. Thanks.
The minimum security prison camp in Lompoc isn't that bad. All things considered, he could be going to worse places. A family member of mine did approximately 22 months there, followed by a 6 month stay at a halfway house.

I visited there many times. Place reminded me a lot of a summer camp or army barracks... it is on the grounds of the medium security prison. Dormitory style living quarters, basically communal living. Biggest complaint for some is overcrowding, but my family member shared a cubicle style space with one other man and they got along.

The best thing about the place is that it is safe, which was the big concern for us when our family member went away. There isn't any violence, no worries about being murdered or assaulted, nobody wants to get kicked up to a high security level so they generally behave.

If your friend shows up and does his time quietly, he won't have any problems. Make no mistake though, it is a prison. When the medium security prison has a riot or whatever, and goes on lockdown, the camp goes on lockdown, too. He doesn't want to be the guy who gets caught with contraband... a cell phone, drugs etc. because that can get you thrown into solitary at the medium prison. He would be wise to avoid the guys inside running scams or whatever. If you're tagged a problem inmate you will be removed and kicked up to a higher level.

Our family member actually made it through his time in relatively good spirits and with little to no problems. We visited often.

Last edited by crunchycrunch; 07-30-2014 at 02:42 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to crunchycrunch For This Useful Post:
cglive22 (05-27-2018)
Old 09-09-2014, 10:15 PM

Guys. Are there any people from Fresno ca there at lompoc
Old 03-17-2015, 11:39 AM

Looking for carpool to lompoc I live in corona ca trying to go next month
The Following User Says Thank You to Rachel16 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-17-2015)
Old 06-21-2016, 06:39 PM

Thanks for the helpful info, crunchycrunch. If you're still reading these things or anyone else sees this: My relative has just been transferred to the camp at Lompoc (is that RDAP?) from Taft. My question is about medical care at the Lompoc camp. He was in FCI Lompoc (low) for 6 years and for 5 a malignant growth on his face was totoally ignored by the doctor there. At CI Taft, where they have good medical care, it was finally diagnosed and removed, and fortunately he's okay on that score now (lucky!). But instead of keeping him at Taft, they've moved him to the camp at Lompoc because Lompoc is supposedly a "medical facility." Do you or anyone know anything about medical care there? He has some other health issues, so I'm hoping the camp has better care than FCI. I don't have much hope, but I'd be very grateful to know about anyone else's experience. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchycrunch View Post
The minimum security prison camp in
Lompoc isn't that bad. All things considered, he could be going to worse places. A family member of mine did approximately 22 months there, followed by a 6 month stay at a halfway house.

I visited there many times. Place reminded me a lot of a summer camp or army barracks... it is on the grounds of the medium security prison. Dormitory style living quarters, basically communal living. Biggest complaint for some is overcrowding, but my family member shared a cubicle style space with one other man and they got along.

The best thing about the place is that it is safe, which was the big concern for us when our family member went away. There isn't any violence, no worries about being murdered or assaulted, nobody wants to get kicked up to a high security level so they generally behave.

If your friend shows up and does his time quietly, he won't have any problems. Make no mistake though, it is a prison. When the medium security prison has a riot or whatever, and goes on lockdown, the camp goes on lockdown, too. He doesn't want to be the guy who gets caught with contraband... a cell phone, drugs etc. because that can get you thrown into solitary at the medium prison. He would be wise to avoid the guys inside running scams or whatever. If you're tagged a problem inmate you will be removed and kicked up to a higher level.

Our family member actually made it through his time in relatively good spirits and with little to no problems. We visited often.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:22 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,476 Times in 12,943 Posts

In every federal prison I was in, the camp medical was provided by the staff at the FCI Low.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:27 AM

Default Thanks!

Thanks very much for the info. Based on what I know (for certain) about the medical care at Lompoc low, that's not good news, but better than not knowing.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:24 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,476 Times in 12,943 Posts

I found similar issues at Petersburg. The "Dr" and "PAs" in the low were dangerously awful, but the ones at the Medium were competent and caring. Hopefully there will be new employees at Lompoc Low.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:14 PM

Thanks for your words, fbopnomore. "Dangerously awful" describes it perfectly. I don't have much confidence that that will change, but as you say, we can always hope.
The Following User Says Thank You to SisterLilly For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-25-2016)
Old 04-29-2019, 01:49 PM

Default Help, Im new here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicwifey2018 View Post
Got a few emails ..he said they are still on modified lockdown
Is this lockdown for Lompoc USP? If so have you heard anything else?
Thx!