Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysgirl28 View Post
Hello,
My boyfriend has been there for about a full year now. He is serving a mandatory 15 years, breaks down to about ten years left. I miss him and yet to go and see him, (financially) resources are not very good and I live in Michigan, I can't wait until June because that is when I hope to make our first visit where he can touch, smell, and hold his daughter for the first time, she is now 18 months. He says it's ok, but we are hoping to get a transfer to Michigan after he gets a full year in. So if you want to chat, hit me up anytime.

hey there is your bf still at ashland?? i am new to this forum..so sorry, i don't know if theres a way to send private msgs or what sine this looks like a public post??!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2012, 05:04 PM

Anyone have more recent info...my hubby ss in feb. And I'm trying to find any info...thanks

~I LOVE MY HUBBY ~

Old 01-22-2012, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquivel

hey there is your bf still at ashland?? i am new to this forum..so sorry, i don't know if theres a way to send private msgs or what sine this looks like a public post??!
just click on the box next to the persons username (like their picture,avatar,etc) and their profile will display and u can add them, private message and so on... hope that helped
Old 01-22-2012, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodri73
Anyone have more recent info...my hubby ss in feb. And I'm trying to find any info...thanks

~I LOVE MY HUBBY ~
Feb? im confused thought it was Jan he ss... from previous posts... is he going to Ashland? you can also get general info on bop site about that particular facility...
Old 01-22-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titiqueen4eva

Feb? im confused thought it was Jan he ss... from previous posts... is he going to Ashland? you can also get general info on bop site about that particular facility...
Yeah it was Jan but the feds requested another 30 days to figure out his designation and yes he is going to Ashland not the FMC like originally thought..

~I LOVE MY HUBBY ~

Old 01-22-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodri73 View Post

~I LOVE MY HUBBY ~

Mine just got to Ashland right before the new year. What did you need to know?
Old 01-23-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydee1

Mine just got to Ashland right before the new year. What did you need to know?
Just basically what its like? Does he complain about it a lot? How does visitation and calls work?

Old 02-27-2012, 12:44 AM

Headed to Fci Ashland on the 19th. Just wanted some info on wat Airport to fly into and if there's anybody visiting their loved ones outta Baltimore maybe my girl could contact you
Old 03-06-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodri73 View Post
Just basically what its like? Does he complain about it a lot? How does visitation and calls work?
Have not been to visit yet- I mailed my form back over two months ago with no answer. (I have a very minor misdemenor record)

Phone calls are ok, I highly suggest getting a 606 area code phone number (90 cents/15 mins).

He does not complain too much, hates the food, but it is very low key. Alot of older inmates doing long bids and sex offenders..Not ideal but could be worse..

Mail seems to be processed pretty quick.

Hope this helps =)
The Following User Says Thank You to babydee1 For This Useful Post:
o0RAIN0o (08-30-2019)
Old 04-24-2012, 03:48 PM

Hi Tia, my man is also in Ashland prison right now. I would love to be able to talk to someone who has a loved one in Ashland. Hope to hear from you soon.
Cobbler
Old 10-24-2012, 08:14 PM

Once transferred from a county jail, to the designated prison, HOW LONG does it take for the prisoner (my fiance' ) To get registered and finally reach the prison? I knew that if I didnt hear from him for a while, that this is what was taking place. BUT....I love him so much! Would someone PLEASE tell me how log this process takes? I was told by the county jail that he was going to be in Ashland. I pray they are right!
Old 10-27-2012, 06:21 AM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,206 Times in 2,544 Posts

Missin,

It was about two weeks for my LO to do the transfer process. I've seen other folks say it's taken a couple of months for their LO's transfer to complete. It just all depends on the BOP and how quickly they move.

MM
Old 11-27-2012, 01:25 AM

I was released from the FCI in Febuary 2012 - anyone have any questions, let me know
Old 01-09-2013, 08:22 PM

Default Anybody know what is up at Ashland FCI?

I have heard they are forcing lot of guys to basically stand in the hallways and look like they are cleaning for 6-8 hours at a time. Has anyone else heard this?
Old 02-21-2013, 02:28 AM

Does anyone know how they are with furloughs at Ashland? Is it hard to get one do they even grantthem besides funerals?
Old 03-01-2013, 03:54 PM

Has anyone heard of lockdown or email issues at the low? I have tried calling and can't get thru. Haven't heard from my hubby
Old 04-02-2013, 06:29 PM

Has anyone heard from their loved ones at the LOW today?
Old 08-22-2013, 04:35 PM

Default Ashland FCI low

Hello everyone,
I really getting the nervous exciting jitter because we're on the two digit COUNTDOWN (finally)!! So, my question is to you is when they release him what is the process? He told my the other day that he heard that they (COs) just drop them off at night at this like this makeshift bus stop and you sit there and wait for another bus. Is this correct? Now unfortunately he isn't coming straight home, he's going to a halfway house :-( Now how long do they have to get to the halfway house (Marion,IL)? Do they get longer time to get there if they ride the bus or ride with family? If anyone can give me any info I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance :-)

Last edited by msfirefly1; 08-22-2013 at 04:36 PM..
Old 08-25-2013, 11:33 AM

Default Need visit information for Ashland FPC

Anyone been there recently to know what it's like? Visits & for inmates? My fiance is being transferred there soon. I'm very excited, I will be able to see him for the first time in 15 months!
Old 09-03-2013, 02:57 PM

Default Ashland fci

Is your man still in Ashland FCI? Mine is and getting ready to come home soon. Would you happen to have any information about possibly getting picked up from the bus stop (he has to go on to a halfway house)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimsButterfly View Post
Hey Tia,
My man is at FCI Ashalnd. I am here if you need to talk or you can PM me.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Til Death Do Us Part
Donation Award 

Hi,

I'm gonna visit my husband at Ashland during Easter and I will like to know, which hotel do u recommend?

Thanks..

Old 04-06-2014, 06:44 AM
Nationwide Boss 'B'!

Im researching lows for a friend. I would like to know if there are weights, a gym, track, etc at Ashland?
Old 04-13-2014, 06:21 PM
Prison X-Pert

Hi,

I was just release from there, so I can answer your questions. Yes, there is a track, weight pile, and gym. It's very laid back there, however the quality of inmates are not the best. Message me for more details on that.

Anthony
The Following User Says Thank You to hackyou11 For This Useful Post:
o0RAIN0o (08-30-2019)
Old 11-30-2014, 01:49 AM

in 1996 I did some work at this place.. Some notes I can tell everyone wanting to know about it.. but remember, this is nearly 20 years old now.. And, I'm speaking to the FCI mainly. Didn't do much at the camp.. Which, as I understand, is all dorm.

The H building(split into HA and HB sides) is the newest of the lot. That's pretty much where you hope to be if you're not in the honor dorm.. And you don't really want to be in the honor dorm, because it means you've been there a long time.. It's basically an outbuilding.

B is the hole

C is like a county prison.. Bars across the front of the cell.. No privacy.. Voices echo down the hall..

D is the receiving unit. Cells, but they actually have doors.

E and F, as I recall, are the same as D

G is the Honor dorm

J, K, L and M are dorm style Nasty. Not a place you want to be.

No A/C in most of the place. Not in the cellblocks, at least. Medical I was told is a joke. Most inmates describe it as pretty laid back. It's prison, but.. You know.. There aren't alot of fights happening or anything like that. The crew I worked with said that most people there were short timers and half of them if the fence fell down, would go out there and hold it back up. Not from the point that they don't want out.. But you don't risk 5 more years when you're down to 2 left.

One guy who worked in industries that I wasn't directly working with had his thumb chopped off by one of the attic fans they use to at least move air.. The inmate crew working with him carried him out and kept him calm while medical help arrived. Same guy had lost an eye, not at the prison, from a piece of plastic shooting into it. So, he was kinda just unlucky all around.

There was a day that we were prevented from working because they brought drug dogs in. So, it happens. They showed off a few bags of toilet wine they had found..

I got the impression that most people thought there were far worse places they had either been, or could be.

One thing that did happen while I was there.. We were doing a network project.. They had someone in replacing a hot water heater in the H unit.. Apparently the crew screwed up and wound up poisoning everyone in the entire unit with carbon monoxide.

The guards, I didn't interact with too much.. You could see some were collecting a check, some were a-holes.. Some were OK. I dealt with the folks in industries.. Who are technically guards as well.. But, both they and their inmate crews were really pretty cool to work with.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:34 PM

My fiancee just was transferred from Ashland.
The Following User Says Thank You to Natalielove85 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-24-2015)