Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: if you had the chance to get pregnant would you?
yes 897 38.37%
no 1,039 44.44%
maybe 307 13.13%
can't decide 95 4.06%
Voters: 2338. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2005, 09:51 PM

Default getting pg while he's in

Chad and I found out I was pg two months before he was arrested. I went into premature labor two months ago and our daughter was still born. We have talked about it a lot and if we had the chance we would try to get pg while he was in he only has 3 yrs and 8 months to go and our daughter will almost be 4 when he gets out and we would give anything to give her siblings to start our family again. We both know she will always be in our hearts and honestly I would give anything to be able to hold my daughter in my arms and be able to bring her to see him. We want to have a family.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2005, 10:27 PM
I's Married 2 My Soulmate

I Wouldnt Think Twice About It. Id Love To Have A Baby For My Husband.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:12 AM

Maybe. My BF has about 7 1/2 months to go but Im not ready right now and neither is he. However, if we were ready I wouldn't have a problem getting pregnant while he's inside only if he he would be home for the birth or shortly there after.

Heather
Old 08-06-2005, 08:36 AM
always keep your head up

I wouldn't especially if he was a lifer, I see how hard it id on my kids now not having daddy here and the many questions as to where he's at and all that go with it. Not only that but the two kid I already have I had on my own because he went in during the first couple months on both pregnacies, and that is not easy to give birth and not have that love and support there from your man. And with him now back in and me maybe being pregnant AGAIN! this is something that I defentally would not openly chose for the family.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:38 AM
PRINCESS AWAITS KNIGHT

NO WAY I WOULDNT TAKE THE CHANCE- I WOULD WANT HIMTO BE THERE FOR MY PREGNANCY AND FOR HELPING ME RAISE THE BABY-HE IS A WONDERFUL DAD!!!! BUT ON THE OTHER HAND IF HE WAS IN FOR LIFE-HMMMMMMM-THAT IS A DILEMMA! I WOULD HAVE TO SAY YES THEN, IF IT WAS A FOOLPROOF WAY THAT I KNEW I WOULDNT GET CAUGHT THEN YES.....I WOULD WANT TO HAVE HIS BABY THEN FOR SURE.BUT FOR NOW, WE WAIT AND BE HAPPY FOR WHAT WE HAVE...
Old 08-07-2005, 06:58 PM

no no nooooooo...think about it. the birth possibly being heard on the telephone, our babys first words being read about in a letter, their first steps being explained in a visit, all the little giggles and noises trying to be renacted so they can feel somewhat like they were there...just the little things i would want to him to see his kid doing, he wouldnt be there for. I dont know about you, but if guys were the ones giving birth and I was the one in prison, I wouldnt want to have him get pregnant without me being there to witness all of it.

"love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies"-Aristotle
Old 08-07-2005, 07:41 PM

I would have to say it depends on the amount of time he was in for. My husband gets out in the beginning of December so I would have to say yes, I would get pregnant, because he would be there for most of my pregnancy and the birth. I mean, as a matter of fact, when I went on today's visit, we discussed trying for a baby when family visit comes around. If it were a few years then I would wait. Months, I would do it. If he had life I would also do it because, I feel I could handle the part he couldn't assist me on, on my own. I'm not saying it won't be hard but I would do it. This prison thing has already taken enough away, and I'm gonna try and make it as normal as possible.

Old 08-07-2005, 08:37 PM

Only if he was a lifer.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:24 PM

If my love was a lifer I think I would for the fact that I am already a mother of a 8 year old from another relationship and I don't want my daughter to be the only child. She is already asking when she can become a big sister, she is looking to have a younger sibling. I wish there was a way we could become pregnant by the men in our lives while they are serving their time, I would do that in a heartbeat. I would just have to bring our child to see their father. They make visiting rooms family friendly and conceiving a child by a lifer it's a way of keeping apart of them out here with us.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:37 AM
lovehim4life

I would definetly have my boyfriends baby, we would both be so happy,he would be a great father.I would be able to handle it (single mother).anyways we are gonna try for a baby as soon as he gets home, cos i will be 33 and time waits for no one.
waiting for 2013
Old 08-12-2005, 07:57 PM

we Have A Two Year Old And One On The Way In January. My Husband Went In When Our Daughter Was 8 Mths. For The First 3 Mths. She Cried Every Night For Him. They Talked And We Got To Visit About Once A Month, But It Could Never Be The Same As Seeing Him On The Outside. When He Got Out It Took Some Time For Them To Get To Know Each Other Again. He Has Been Out For About 6 Mths Now, But He's Looking At 20 Yrs.. He Wont Even Get To Meet Our Son. It's So Hard Raising Children Without Someone To Share Everything With. And It Makes It Harder Inside When You Know What You're Missing Out On, I Would Never Put My Children Or My Husband Through The Extra Pain If I Had A Choice.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:39 AM

No, I'm pregnant now, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It really hurts not to have him here to feel her kick my belly and to read her stories at night. It was awful having morning sickness all the time and not being able to go to him for hugs and comfort. It's going to be devastating to give birth without him there to hold my hand and to hold his baby when she is born. It's gonne be miserable learning how to change diapers, feed, and bath her without him there to help me. I pray everyday that he can come home sooner. I'm one of the lucky ones who will have him back within 4 months of the baby's birth, but if he were a lifer, I couldn't do it. I'd never do it on purpose.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:04 AM
His Princess

no because that wouldn't be fair to the child to have only one parent around for a good portion of their life.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:29 AM

i would, no doubt about it, i'll do anything my baby wants me to do i'll do it if he wants me to
Old 09-14-2005, 10:49 AM

I said "maybe". I want to have Jamie's child but not if he can't witness the miracle of the birth. I was in the delivery room with my sister and it was amazing. So, if he was close enough to where he could see that then I would in a heart beat. Neither of us have children but we both want them very badly. When he gets out in 11 1/2 months we are going to start trying right away.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:06 PM
His One and Only

I think becuse i am not with a lifer that we will have plenty of time to do this right you know i mean i am a single mother right now it is not the turth

Old 09-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Boss

I wouldn't do it. It would break his heart to not be there and have me struggle to raise the child alone. Not to mention the affects on the child. I understand why some women would want to, especially if they don't have any other children.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:47 PM

No, I wouldn't get pregnant while he's in. It's hard enough as it is trying to maintain on my own. I couldn't do it with a baby. I don't think I'm strong enough. He's supposed to come home soon..we'll probably work on that when he's here.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:27 PM
kate

His sentence is 16 months. He's done 3, he'll probably have to do 9 or so maybe (don't know yet, hasn't seen his counsellor).......right now, hell yeah, give me a family visit and knock me up! He'll be out by the due date.

Old 09-14-2005, 06:59 PM

I am pregnant right now while my man is sitting in prison on a violation I found out 2 days before he went back (talk about stressed out) Anyways My biggest fear is not having him there for the birth and doing it alone for who knows how long VERY SCARY (Anyone in a situation like mine??)
Old 09-14-2005, 07:04 PM
º° Princess °º

Well, he wants to be there through the whole pregnancy thing so we would wait until he got out.
However if he ends up being in for life, then yes, I would get pregnant while he was in...I want to have a family with this man, and he wants one too.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:07 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,655 Times in 762 Posts

I got pregnant during a conjugal visit and yes, it was a planned pregnancy. That was 10 years ago and i have never regreted for even a second having a baby while my hubby was/is in prison. My daughter is the greatest joy of my life and my hubby feels the same way. I'd have another one in a heartbeat if I could.

no regrets here!!!
penwife
Old 09-15-2005, 01:27 AM
loved!

Thanked 1,147 Times in 715 Posts

well...our baby is due in 2006...we have 5 all together, he's eligible for parole in 2009...we're fighting to make him eligible in 2006...if it doesn't work, we still are expecting this baby with open arms...he's thrilled...
Old 09-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Will Wait 4evr
Donation Award 

Default Yes, In A Hearbeat!

Most definitely! I have two kids, a son and a daughter, both grown, but my husband has none (biologically) and I want to have two more. A son and a daughter from him. If God grants me my prayer we will have "our" son, "our" daughter. Family is very important to him and me. His sister just recently had a little girl, she's six months and when I look at her, I see my husband through her. If I didn't know better, our niece could be his daughter. As a matter of fact, some of his friends actually thought it was his and my baby. She looks just like him. So, Yes, I would have his baby!

"For as low as you go, ask God to take you that high."

Old 09-17-2005, 01:20 AM
Eli's Girl

Some days I barely can handle what's on my plate now so having a child would not be best right now, to say the least. I would rather wait and have every oppurtunity afforded to us possible.

Waiting However Long It Takes Club Member #35