Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: if you had the chance to get pregnant would you?
yes 897 38.37%
no 1,039 44.44%
maybe 307 13.13%
can't decide 95 4.06%
Voters: 2338. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shea23434
i'm gonna be the one to be different and say yes without skipping a beat. why you ask? because he has about 8 years left and I never feel like i'd be doing it alone. he completes me and is my soulmate. I have family and a great support network. everyone knows I want a little one. my problem however I have female issues to where by the time he gets out I may not be able to have kids. i'm not saying there aren't cons to this by any means but i've been through a lot and i feel like i'm strong enough to go through whatever happens. so best of luck to everyone in there future endeavors.
Im with u....n a heartbeat
Old 09-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Mrs Hampton

Im not sure my husband has 2 more years and he wants us to have a baby i want to it's been 12 years since i had a baby but i know he will be sad not being there but we are newlyweds so idk it could just happen
Old 09-17-2012, 10:19 PM

Yes I would, I wish we had tried before he went in..hopefully we will get married & have some family visits
Old 09-17-2012, 11:00 PM

i would so get preggo with my husband's seed i love with everything in me and the only thing we have left is to reproduce together...um, hell yeah, i will be his baby momma till death do us part
princesspat (10-19-2012)
Old 09-18-2012, 01:26 PM

I would. I want a baby so bad! And he does too. But we also want some time to ourselves, with just us in a relationship.

If we managed to score a private family visit I would have sex with him for making a baby, if it happens, it happens. Leaving it be to the Gods.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:14 AM

I was hesitant at first when we spoke about it but now that we had our first trailer after 3yrs together we will def try! If its meant to be it will happen, he's a few months away to see the parole board and I am so ready to have his baby.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:20 PM

If he was coming home soon maybe.

Last edited by MissingH1m; 09-21-2012 at 02:21 PM..
Old 09-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Till Death Do Us Part

No.. no.. no.. no.. &no again. We have a 14 month old now.. &I'm a "single mom" but I will wait till he comes home to pop out another one.

Forever&always
Old 09-23-2012, 05:28 AM
MrsRight_MrsForever

It takes a very Strong minded woman to raise children especially raising them alone. I believe God doesn't put more on us then we can handle . With God in your life and. Good support system anything is possible. I have children from a previous relationship and I know that the struggle is only as hard as you make it. I find solutions to my problems I know that all things are possible through Christ Jesus it sounds cliche but it is the best truth. My love has no children and his only other sibling is deceased. He has a loving family he wants children and I'm going to happily give them to him inside prison or outside. It takes a strong woman to hold down the foundation of a partnership. Shout out to all the Strong Women👋
Old 09-23-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriesIAM
It takes a very Strong minded woman to raise children especially raising them alone. I believe God doesn't put more on us then we can handle . With God in your life and. Good support system anything is possible. I have children from a previous relationship and I know that the struggle is only as hard as you make it. I find solutions to my problems I know that all things are possible through Christ Jesus it sounds cliche but it is the best truth. My love has no children and his only other sibling is deceased. He has a loving family he wants children and I'm going to happily give them to him inside prison or outside. It takes a strong woman to hold down the foundation of a partnership. Shout out to all the Strong Womenddc4b
Your absolutely right, I also have children from my past relationship and my husband also has no children. I practically raised my kids on my own without their fathers help my husband has a few more months to come home if it happens now or when he's home it will be a blessing to us both. Yea definitely a big shout out to strong women holding these men down!!
Old 09-23-2012, 06:57 PM
4EvaHisLady

Hmmmm... thats a good question? I sure would hes my everything he has no kids and treats my son like he is his own.
I can't get over you
You left your mark on me
I want your high love and
emotion endlessly
Old 09-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Sweet Thing

I'm 23 and he's 24 he's getting released in 7 years why have a baby now when I can have a baby later when he's already out. On the other hand I understand about wanting a baby before I turn 30 but we're still young so I'm going with no.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Forever in love with him

No, because I'd want him there for each appointment and when the time comes for me to give birth. Only way I'd say yes if it was his little friends .

in love with a registered sex offender.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:12 PM

Definitely no. He was busted when both of our kids were born, so I know how the whole single parenting situation works. I would never purposely conceive a child knowing full well that he wouldn't be there to help me raise it.
Single parenting is hard as hell....
Old 10-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Mrs.Jimenez

I got pregnant when he was out on bond. Always came with me to my appointments. Listening to the baby heartbeat for the first time was amazing. I had a miscarriage the week before we would have find out what we were having. Thank god, he was there with me because I would have never made by myself. When doctor and the nurse was surrendering me when I was pushing the baby out. He just balled up in the corner and started crying. It was the most difficult thing we experienced together but it made us stronger. My due date was in December 7th. He would have missed the delivery, the baby first walk, first words, first birthday. So it's a tough one!

Old 10-16-2012, 10:28 PM

Well that's a question that I have been asking myself for some time. We already Have a 4 year old fortunately my husband was out to help me deal with the WHOLE pregnancy and just til he was 2 and a few months he was taken in. We were suppose to have our family visit tomorrow but that was cancel due to a riot that took place. I had got myself on birth control and I told him. He just roll his eyes. Doesn't say much because I already know how he wants another baby. My husband's little brother past away in 2010 and he was very close to him. So he wants my son to have a sibling so he won't be alone, have someone to play with, talk to, just some to relate to. Yes, he has tons of cousin but that's never the same. He not forcing me, or insisting for me to have a baby. He just suggested that we should. Now yes we are aware that we are in a tough situation that financially I believe I can manage but the physical part is where I second guess myself. I consider myself a pretty strong person but can I manage with two kids I ask myself?! All I know Is that I want 3 kids before I hit 30. I'm 24 right now and to be honest I don't want to be an old fart having kids. Lol so my plans are when god willing we have the chance to have our family visit reschedule I'm planning to get pregnant. We both come from a big family, especially him and family to us means everything so I came to the conclusion that I want a good size of a family. Family first like I always say. The first thing when I tell me about my family visit their respond is "don't get pregnant!" We'll I'm saying oh well and leaving it all in god's hands!
Old 10-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Account Closed

i am a single mum to a 6 yr old and believe me its stressful and painful but i do want more kids with my baby he is a lifer and if HE came home id want HIS KIDS i would never i could never do that to him , myself or our unborn child it would destroy our family we did talk about it but i deiced sperm donation or other means was not an option for me even with his blessing.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:31 PM

I wouldnt because I found out I was pregnant a week after they took him.... So I went thru my pregnancy and just had are son 2 weeks ago and if could wait I would because its not easy being a single mom. We also have 3 other kids so I wouldnt do it.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:27 PM
Mrs. Lato

My husband and I have been together for 12 years and married 8. We have a 5 yr old daughter and now a 18 DAY old lil boy. He was sentenced in January before we knew i was pregnant and just denied his first parole. I am DEVASTATED! I know that my husband and children need me now more than ever. And hearing all y'alls stories really keep my faith. Thank you
Old 10-19-2012, 04:08 AM

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

That depends on how long he's going to be in there for. If my bf had a really lengthy sentence then yeah I'd Marry him while he's inside and get preggo. But CT doesn't have family visits so it would be just a daydream for me. Luckily my boyfriend will be home in about 18 months to 3 years so were waiting until he's back to do anything.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:13 AM

lolkjiikijkgjgfhukfhj
Old 10-21-2012, 10:06 AM

Hell no!!

He is my only and forEvEr
The Following User Says Thank You to forEvEr99 For This Useful Post:
O's Sweetheart (10-24-2012)
Old 10-22-2012, 07:59 PM

I really don't know. Honestly, I dont know that I want kids to begin with. It seems important to him, but he is a lifer and realistic about what that means. Is it enough for him to be there for conception and weekly visits? I'm not sure. If he decided it was really important to him and we had the financial means I'd think about it.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Crazy about him

We get trailers and are both in agreement that we will not get pregnant while he's incarcerated! He says he wants to be there in every way.... Going crazy getting me anything I crave, every prenatal visit, cooking and catering to me. Can't complain lol. My hubby is a sweetheart!

Engaged to the most amazing man in the planet 11/20/10!

Married 5/30/2011
Old 10-24-2012, 09:22 PM

I voted yes, because I am pregnant. He was suppose to be home before I had the baby, but he got in some trouble so that added some more time. I do not regret anything about it. I love my child and fiance'. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Would I do it all over again. Yes I would.