Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: if you had the chance to get pregnant would you?
yes 897 38.37%
no 1,039 44.44%
maybe 307 13.13%
can't decide 95 4.06%
Voters: 2338. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkybarz
no i wuddnt get pregnant, that wud hurt him on sooo many levels why wud i a. be with another man while he is down and b. why wud i cheat and let another guy get me pregnant ??? idk different answers for different ppls relationship but a healthy one wuddnt allow that
I think they meant get pregnant by their guy. With like conj. visits. Some people in some states gets them.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2012, 04:36 PM
K Loves Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayGee19

I think they meant get pregnant by their guy. With like conj. visits. Some people in some states gets them.
ooooh ok. since u put it that way. both partners gotta decide. i wish delaware allowed conj. visits
Old 02-02-2012, 03:57 AM
Sarah&tom

I have four babies and right now I am getting help from my brothers so I can continue to work and be there for them, and it's hard even with their help. But a pregnancy is something to be enjoyed by both parents, feeling the baby kick hearing it's heart beat, seeing the baby on the screen when they do the first ultrasound, my fiancé cried when he seen our son, heard his heartbeat every time, and felt him move. So how would that be fair to your old man with him being in jail and missing all of that! And at the same time if he has a long sentence ahead of him and no chance of parole and there was a chance that you all may not be able to conceive then I think I would maybe consider it but find a way to keep him involved as much as you can
Old 02-02-2012, 04:16 AM
watching the clock

My response to having been around men that never took turns in the middle of the night nor changed diapers. Based on the time that is left to be served do it. Most men aren't comfortable with children until the one year mark. Then again I'm raising four year old twin girls without a father. I do everything and occasionally they mention a father. I immediately respond that they don't need one. I'm their everything. So I guess the true question is are you OK with doing it alone. If so go for it. I personally believe times have changed and there isn't a perfect family. Now a daysone parent can be enough if your ready. Never let society dictate what you do.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:09 PM

I am seven and a half months pregnant now by my husband who is in prison. He was arrested jan 4 and will be locked up for probably a year and a half to two years. He will miss the birth of our first child together. It is hard doing pregnancy alone and i am not looking forward to raising our son alone his first year of life. I will take the baby to see his dad so that when my husband gets out, the baby knows him.... And that is if the prison allows children visitation. That being said, i know our son was made out of love and he will be loved. I can do it alone, just not as exciting as sharing it with your spouse.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:01 PM

I vote yes.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadGrlGoneGood
A million times NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT EVEN. Lol. Hell to the no. But it's not really just about him being in prison.
First of all, nothing in the world could EVER convince me to have a baby if I'm not married to the man who got me pregnant. No way in hell, I absolutely refuse to be someone's "baby mama." Never. EVER!! LOL And as of right now, I'm not yet married to my boyfriend, so that's a no even if he wasn't in prison.
Second of all, I don't want to have a baby while I'm still in my 20's, still in school, or still busy being young. And I am all of those things.
Third of all, he's only got a month left. In total, he's done almost 2 years but it's almost done now. Even if he went back, I wouldn't even consider it unless we were married and I was done with school.
wow, my thoughts exactly. you sound very smart.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Daddy's HOME!!!
Donation Award 

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliew32 View Post
My response to having been around men that never took turns in the middle of the night nor changed diapers. Based on the time that is left to be served do it. Most men aren't comfortable with children until the one year mark. Then again I'm raising four year old twin girls without a father. I do everything and occasionally they mention a father. I immediately respond that they don't need one. I'm their everything. So I guess the true question is are you OK with doing it alone. If so go for it. I personally believe times have changed and there isn't a perfect family. Now a daysone parent can be enough if your ready. Never let society dictate what you do.
All I can say is, "WOW!!!" I am in no way judging. My first child's father isn't very active in her life and he lives about 25 minutes away. It breaks my heart that he doesn't have the desire to participate more! He's never been involved with the penal system and we were together for 8 years when I got pregnant, but we broke up and he virtually disappeared. I did all that I could for my child and I had help from family and friends (and still do!). But I cannot deny that she needs a father figure. My husband is a God-send (especially since he's come home!). I can't be everything to her...and I see it all the time...the actions, attitude, and behaviors of children who don't have both parents. I know that both parents is not always possible...but it is IDEAL!!! IJS...

Old 03-08-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm patiently waiting....
Donation Award 

YES...YES and YES... we are hoping to get pregnat anytime he has been down 11 years already with 14 to go. our biological cloc is ticn we are ready and we will be fine. I have plenty of support and love. We both want a child so very bad. If it is meant to happen it will hopefully one of our family visits will pan out.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:53 PM

Well since were not allowed those kind of visits I don't see a baby anytime soon. If I got pregnant he would know I haven't been faithful. But since I am only commited to him that won't happen. But we r sure going to be trying when he gets out! Good luck with that I don't think it's easy to be a single mom anyway and then on top of the stress of him being locked up and not be there to support you during your pregnancy and delivery. I would want my man by my side through it all.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:38 PM

I would. My husband and I want more kids. But I don't think he would want to. He already missed one birth. But i would.

forever&always
Old 08-08-2012, 05:04 PM

Personally, I would never get pregnant while my man is incarcerated.

I want him to be there during my pregnancy, to feel the kicks, to go to the doctor's visits, to rub the tummy, etc.
Not only that, I don't want to rob my child of his/her father. And I feel like if I was to intentionally get pregnant while they were incarcerated, that's what I would be doing.

Every man needs a good woman when his life's a mess, 'cause just like in a game of chess, the QUEEN always protects her KING! <3

The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected!

Faith--it doesn't make things easier, it makes them possible! Luke 1:37
The Following User Says Thank You to Nicholas'ladyy For This Useful Post:
Diablo'sWifey (09-30-2012)
Old 08-09-2012, 07:18 PM

We don't have those kinda visits either. At first I wanted a baby as soon as he got out but I'm still in my 20s and he wants to finish school when he gets out. So we have no intentions of getting pregnant within the next 5 years. Doing research on an iud to make our chances less of getting pregnant if he makes parole next year.

he's my person
Old 08-09-2012, 11:44 PM

Hell NO!!...I would Never want to go thru a pregnacy Alone, or give birth Alone, or take a baby Home Alone...my Husband feels the same, how is he to connect to the baby while locked up, he would always talk to my belly, she would start movin around when she heard his voice!!...this is the longest he has been away from his Princess and it Kills him every day....

Old 08-10-2012, 09:55 AM

I gave birth to our son the day after my fiance went to jail, and I would not recommend it to anyone. He was there 100% during the pregnancy but to actually go through it alone was not ok. He wasn't there to hold his son or take him home. We didn't find out the sex of the baby and he wanted a son soooo bad. He cried for days because he wasn't there and for me I had to put all my focus on my new baby and try not to stress because his father wasn't there. My son was almost two before he was able to see his father because where he was you had to be 18 to visit.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:01 AM

Well since i'm not getting younger and my child bearing years are almost up I voted yes. If I was younger like in my 20's or early 30's then definately not. We both want one more and by the time he comes home I will be 50.. We are hoping and praying for our family visits.....

Old 08-17-2012, 02:54 AM

I will have to say yes because me and my fiancé split for a year and had no contact and i became pregant with our now 15month old son. That is my mans son and there is no telling other wise. He called me about a week after i found out i was pregnant and i had already left my sperm donor even before i found out i was having my son. He was hurt at first but we have made it and now we have our liddo family started and will watch it grow when he is home
Old 08-20-2012, 05:16 PM

Yeah if we got/ever get family visits
Old 08-21-2012, 10:30 PM

i'm gonna be the one to be different and say yes without skipping a beat. why you ask? because he has about 8 years left and I never feel like i'd be doing it alone. he completes me and is my soulmate. I have family and a great support network. everyone knows I want a little one. my problem however I have female issues to where by the time he gets out I may not be able to have kids. i'm not saying there aren't cons to this by any means but i've been through a lot and i feel like i'm strong enough to go through whatever happens. so best of luck to everyone in there future endeavors.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:29 AM
Mr & Mrs Johnson 4 Ever

The ONLY way is close to him getting out. Other than that no, I don't want to be pregnant/give birth alone. Plus I'm 10x hornier pregnant....so yes & no.
The Following User Says Thank You to GottaMakeIt33 For This Useful Post:
Diablo'sWifey (09-30-2012)
Old 09-05-2012, 04:59 AM

My man went to jail 3 months into my pregnancy it was hard but we made it work he came home two months later

Now he is in prison and planning to have another baby as soon as he us home
Old 09-05-2012, 05:00 AM

We would try now if we ever get married and get family vists
Old 09-07-2012, 02:16 AM

I would, but that's ONLY because he'll be out really soon, either in a few weeks on parole or by November if he gets denied. I would never ever everrrrrrr get pregnant and raise a child on my own if he was locked up for any longer.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:31 AM

Yes if I could by him and only him
Old 09-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Donation Award 

Absolutely not! We have less than 16 months to go (already been down 13years) and I didn't get married or stay in our relationship to be a single parent. We get family visits and all that jazz but 3 days of family time every 90 days doesn't in my mind constitute co-parenting...

We will have our time to be parents if God feels we're fit for the task...