Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: if you had the chance to get pregnant would you?
yes 897 38.37%
no 1,039 44.44%
maybe 307 13.13%
can't decide 95 4.06%
Voters: 2338. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2008, 09:47 PM
aka His LiL Mama.

Yes, If he will be out by the time the baby is born.. Other then that, nope!
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsPacMann For This Useful Post:
CTay1014 (10-24-2008)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2008, 12:44 AM
PlayingTheWaitingGame

I know never say never, but I doubt I would get pregnant while he's in prison. I would not purposely bring a child into this life. Although we plan on having children someday, I don't want him to be missing out on any of the baby's life.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:22 AM

Default I would have a baby

I am 35 and my honey has 2 yr and 3 mo to go...but if we could get pregnant now I would...I don't want to wait 2 more years and then try with all the added worry for women over 35 and the wear and tear on your body and how tired you become the older you get. I am in the gym and am trying to eat better but I still worry about the age thing and what could go wrong. I think I could totally handle a baby by myself until he came home...besides if I got pregnant now the baby would only be about 1 1/2 when his/her father came home so that wouldn't be so bad.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:49 AM
DOC Free Since 11/2008

Nope, wouldn't do it. I wouldn't want to go through the entire pregnancy alone first of all. This situation causes enough stress in someones life and I wouldn't want any of my stress to harm the baby. Second of all D and I have talked about having kids and we want to wait until we are officially married...
Old 10-22-2008, 11:54 PM

It has been the topic of many heated discussions during our family visits. I recently turned 32 and he recently turned 34. I only have the one child we have together he has one other child who is 12. I really want to have another child but, he says no and to wait for him to be home so he doesn't miss out like he did with our son. I have to remind him that he wasn't locked up during that pregnancy that he was absent by choice. and all it does is end in him feeling bad and me crying. so I just have turned it over to God and if it happens it happens if it doen't then that's fine too. (It's cheaper to take one child on a carnival cruise then it is to take two. lol)
Old 10-23-2008, 03:28 AM
Feeling Better Again!
Donation Award 

Yes I would I'm getting older and if I had a chance I would
and my man knows that and he's fine with it

Old 10-23-2008, 09:42 PM

I iwould get pregnant with his kid if he was in prison because he is only in for another 16 days well 15 in 20 mins lol and i love him so mucha dn we want to be together forever and i was pregnant with his child b4 but i misscarried at almost 6 months so i for sure would get pregnant with his baby now if he was in for a longer time i wouldnt becuase i wouldnt want my child to be born intot he world with his father not around

Old 10-23-2008, 10:17 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

ok to be honest i am trying to get pregnant right now.. but artificially not having sex.. I am 27.. John will be gone until i am 46.. I had gastric bypass and wanted to lose a lot of weight before trying... i have a son whos going to be 9 in December, and i want one more, who knows when john gets out, but if i got pregant at 46 then there could be risk!
Old 10-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Counting the days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPacMann View Post
Yes, If he will be out by the time the baby is born.. Other then that, nope!

I was about to come in here and type the exact same thing out!
Old 10-24-2008, 02:12 PM
Counting the days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilipettway View Post
Ok, Before I Get Into It, How Is It That You Go About Getting Pregnant While Your Man Is Locked Up? I Been Calling Clinics And Stuff And They Dont Really Get Back At Me Too Much... Anyone Know?? I Read That When You Get Married In Prison They Give You A "private Visit For A Short Time" After The Ceremony. Is That Get Busy Time??? Lol Anyways, It Is A Really Hard Thing To Decide On, But I Have To Say That I Would Do It. My Man Is Gona Be In There For 18 Years Before He Gets Parole, He Will Try To Appeal It But Im Not Sure How That Will Work. We Are Young And Love Eachother More Than Anything, And From The Day He Got Locked Up I Wished I Was Pregnant Just To Have A Part Of Him With Me Still. I Know It Seems Selfish, Im Not Afraid To Admit It, But He Means So Much To Me, And I Know Im Never Going To Leave Him. A Child Would Really Give Me A Feeling Of Purpose And Closeness With My Man. Part Of Me Doesnt Agree With It, But Shit Gets Changed Up Real Quick When Such A Huge Change Happens. Thats Just Me Tho!!
These people are speaking of family visits (or conjugals, if you will) that are only allowed in California, Mississippi, New York, Washington, and New Mexico. I hope you're successful in your venture, and that everything works out forward.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:27 PM

Yes I would I already have one by my fiancee. Even though he is locked up, and I am a single mother right now my daughter knows that her father loves her . She is never in want for anything and to add to our family would just be great to me!!

Last edited by B's wifey 4life; 10-24-2008 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: i misspelled a word
Old 10-24-2008, 02:38 PM

Yes I would.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:46 AM

Lol… This subject is kind of crazy for me because it’s my life right now. My husband is in prison and lucky for us we were able to get EFV’s (Conjugal’s) we always knew we wanted to start a family together (neither one of us have kids) but at the same time I didn’t want to be left out here alone to take care of our kids. We mutually decided to wait until I finished college and he was one year short to start to have our first kid…. I mean I know he’s locked up but that shouldn’t stop us from living towards our future. Well any way that’s exactly what we did I’m expecting his son and he’ll be out one month prior to my due date… yeah its crazy that he’s not hear for ALL the doctor’s appointments but he’ll make it home for the one that counts the most and that’s the sacrifice we had to make to make this possible. I believe that as long as you and your spouse have a system that works for you that you should do what makes you happy fortunately for me my husbands not in there for life but I believe even for those who’s husbands are should do what makes you guys feel complete… the visiting system is bad enough for me to discourage ANYONE from extending your family, you just got to weigh the good with the bad, you know …..
Love Ya’ll
Peace
The Following User Says Thank You to booh_bear For This Useful Post:
ShaadGyrl (10-25-2008)
Old 10-25-2008, 05:49 AM
oFFICIALLY wIFeY stATUs!!

Cool In My Opinion

In my opinion....I would not have a baby w/ hubby due to the fact that I would want him here for the entire term of the pregnancy. We both fortunately do not have children yet, so I would like for it to be special as far as our 1st pregnancy together as well as this is both of our 1st marriage as well.
I'm about breaking generational family curses...MOst of the women in my family were forced into being single parents due to their men living their own lives, but I've always vowed to try my best to avoid putting a child in a situation where one parent is absent if I could control it.....
To each his own and everybody has different things going on in their lives to make those type of major decisions. Between school, work, owning a business, and supporting hubby...that's one extra expense we can postpone.....Be Blessed....Mrs. Favors

Old 10-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Time's just a tickin away

Besides riding a bid out with someone doing a life sentence, personally I think being pregnant while my love was is incarcerated would be the next to hardest thing to do...
I already have 2 kids and it's not easy doing it alone but being pregnant is something I would want to cherish with my love one...It's one of those times is my life that I would need him most.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:57 PM

Well I can't remember if I posted in this thread, but I did vote. And I just couldn't do it. Hubba doesn't have any kids and I have one from a previous relationship. But we want more kids, and we are actually going to try to get pregnant when he gets out next year!

Old 10-26-2008, 08:57 AM

I'm currently dealing with a pregnancy while he's in jail and he's talked about having another child after this one, but I've told him straight up I won't have another one until he's here with me. I got pregnant before he went in and I probably wouldn't have let him get my pregnant on conjucal visits because of the fact that it's too hard without him here to support me. But I've also agreed to have another one somewhere down the line so that he can experience everything he will miss with the first one.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:20 AM

I got pregnant before he went in, I was actually 5 months when he left. Aryanna made the fourth child, and it was very difficult (still is) raising our kids as a single parent. I'm grateful that this isn't a life time situation.
never selfish, not quick to take offense.
There is nothing love cannot face;
there is no limit to its faith,
its hope, and endurance.
In a word, there are three things
that last forever: faith, hope, and love;
but the greatest of them all is love.”
Old 10-26-2008, 10:34 AM
angel12569
Donation Award 

i don't think so , I mean it if happens it happens but it wouldn't be something I was looking for. Anyway it would be a miracle if I wanted too, since I had my tubes tied when the twins were born.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Donation Award 

No, but then I haven't yet decided if I will when he's out either.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:25 PM

If it was right before my hubby got out then Yeah. My honey already has one child.I have none. I really want him to be there for the whole thing .
Old 10-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Work in progress
Donation Award 

Yes I would. Only because I am 38 my time is just about up and I have no kids.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Our Love is UNBREAKABLE!

We have been in a long debate about this. I am not sure though, we both have 1 child a piece and it is sooooooooooooo hard trying to explain to them why daddy isn't coming home or why we are not staying with daddy. I get so stressed sometimes. I am going to try to defer it as long as I can. I really believe that another child may cause a strain on us right now......................................
Old 10-27-2008, 08:41 PM
DIVA with an EGO

I wouldn't do it . . . either way because I would have to do everything alone . . . that's one of the joys of having a baby with the man you love . . . sharing the special moments. We had a scare right before he was sentenced and he didn't want me to be pregnant while he was gone, because he would miss everything, well at least the first two years of the babies life and those are some precious moments, that he missed with his daughter.

I LOVE ME SOME HIM

The Following User Says Thank You to Savvy Sista For This Useful Post:
Tay28 (10-29-2008)
Old 10-27-2008, 09:44 PM

I would have to say for us the answer is no when he comes home yes by marrying me he is already taking on two but when he comes home we have decided to try for one more I think it has actually become a big deal to him since the last letter he wrote he had picked a name but he told me he wants to be there for the whole thing so thats the plan but everyone is different