Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: if you had the chance to get pregnant would you?
yes 897 38.37%
no 1,039 44.44%
maybe 307 13.13%
can't decide 95 4.06%
Voters: 2338. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Donation Award 

not a chance. i do not want to do the single parent thing. its nothing to sneeze at.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Praying and Waiting

nope...i want him to go thru the whole process with me....hell no i would do that by myself

The drama will not last forever
We'll beat it as long as we're together
One day we"ll look back, we'll be like 'remember this?' and its gonna make us smile cause ine the end we stayed down
Old 05-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Closed

this is a tough one for me cause i am 29 and my husband has 11 years left. so i want a baby so bad right now i cant hardly stand it. but i dont think i would want to raise it alone for 11 more years, cause thats gotta be hard. but then i say what if that would be the only chance EVER! well i am still torn, but i also know if he were to go to honor grade and get home passes i would be trying for sure
Old 05-13-2008, 07:15 PM
my soulmate my love

HELL NO!!! there is no way that.....neither one of us has children so there is no point in it, I dont want to be a,one and preganant, I also know that it would break his heart to not be present for the birth of our babym its maybe good for those fcing life or alot of time, but not for us...I cant do it alone, and I want better for myself.....no offense to those who do it though....they are stronger then me...
Old 06-16-2008, 01:56 PM

Ok, Before I Get Into It, How Is It That You Go About Getting Pregnant While Your Man Is Locked Up? I Been Calling Clinics And Stuff And They Dont Really Get Back At Me Too Much... Anyone Know?? I Read That When You Get Married In Prison They Give You A "private Visit For A Short Time" After The Ceremony. Is That Get Busy Time??? Lol Anyways, It Is A Really Hard Thing To Decide On, But I Have To Say That I Would Do It. My Man Is Gona Be In There For 18 Years Before He Gets Parole, He Will Try To Appeal It But Im Not Sure How That Will Work. We Are Young And Love Eachother More Than Anything, And From The Day He Got Locked Up I Wished I Was Pregnant Just To Have A Part Of Him With Me Still. I Know It Seems Selfish, Im Not Afraid To Admit It, But He Means So Much To Me, And I Know Im Never Going To Leave Him. A Child Would Really Give Me A Feeling Of Purpose And Closeness With My Man. Part Of Me Doesnt Agree With It, But Shit Gets Changed Up Real Quick When Such A Huge Change Happens. Thats Just Me Tho!!
Old 06-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Life Happens

Exclamation too late...

Well, I voted no....but I contradict myself since I am currently pregnant right now!! If we are blessed with Gods good grace and luck, then he just may get out right before the birth of our second child. But if not, then I will have to go through with pregnancy alone (again at that!! He was locked up for our first birth too )

But if he was locked up already and had a whole lotta time, and I was not pregnant, I would have to say that I would not want to have another child. (But dont get me wrong I am VERY HAPPY to be having a second since he shouldnt be locked up too long!!!)We are both very happy with our lil boy rite now, and we both know it is very hard to raise children on your own, especially in times of rising prices (food, gas, everything!!) like these....

Maybe I would think otherwise if he had life...but thank God that is not the case for me....

Last edited by Paradise0608; 06-16-2008 at 03:38 PM..
Old 06-16-2008, 03:54 PM
So this is where we are?!
Donation Award 

I have thought way to much about this, Rico wants to get me pregnant -BAD-and we have talked about it, when we were optimistic about him JUST being in county I even got my little IUD out for when he got home-------but NOW that he is in Prison and im going to be with him there is no chance I am going to go through pregnany and him not be around---plus I couldnt imagine not have him around for the first moment of his daughters life. Thats breaks my heart.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:40 PM

Default Not while he's in or out!

I am done with having children..Thank God!
My two are teens and he has 3 children ages 16, 9, and 4. We don't need NO more!!

It is not about the pain we endure. It is about the power within us to overcome it!
Old 06-16-2008, 04:47 PM
ILuVmyHubby

I voted NO. I think it's irresponsible to have an inmate's baby while they're incarcerated. I mean there are condoms you can use, birth control , etc other methods to NOT get pregnant. I mean if it happens it happens and go ahead and have the baby but i think its better to wait until they're out and they can totally prove to us that they have changed for the better and so they can help us with our pregnancies... its better to give a baby a stable home . Just my opinion.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:21 PM
~Kolvontay's Only~

in a heart beat...I already have a four year old, a 8month pregnant 17 year old and my old man is locked up....still in a heartbeat....he wants seven so I need to get started now....as much as he would miss he wouldn't because we would be doing again when he got out....thats what he tells me everytime we talk that he would rather have me home barefoot and pregnant then stressing at a job. so once again... IN A HEARTBEAT!!!! Love you Colby...

*His Queen*

*Tasia is OUR World*
Old 06-21-2008, 08:09 PM
missin my hubby :(

I don't know. Right now in our relationship we are not even close to being ready for a kid. We aren't getting married until he gets out. But having a piece of him in me would be really nice... I miss him soo much.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Account Closed

Part of me says i do! i do! but the other part.. the one that is doing the smart thinking...says it would be so hard. In the end.. i would do it.

I feel so empty without him close and our child would fullfill that.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:54 AM
It's ending

I think that I would. My man is in for life and has no children. I know that it would be hard, but I would do it!:love:
Old 10-04-2008, 10:33 AM
OMG, he's getting out!

I must be crazy or need real therapy because I think I would, I mean I know I would. Yeah, it's sad that pops is in prison and children truly do need both moms and dads, but I love Santino in a way I honestly cannot explain in written or even spoken words... I would pray that our child would understand it though.

Santino wont think about this twice... he's made it very clear to me that he could NEVER deal with the reality of me giving birth to "our" child and not see the actual birth, hold my hand, get up at night to rock his baby... he says NO WAY!! He's told me that if I feel the need to have more children then we should not get married. (he's serious buisness) haha.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:38 AM

I wouldn't only because we already have a 3 1/2 year old son and it's EXTREMELY hard to raise him without his father around right now. Also, having absolutley no money already, I wouldn't be able to support another child with just my income now. We've been talking alot about another baby, but we gotta wait until he comes home finally!
Old 10-04-2008, 10:42 AM
A Woman Waits

nope.

We have 5 kids between the two of us and we both want one together if timing and finances work out right (only one of the five lives home fullt ime now so it is feasible if we decided to) but he wants to be there for the whole thing...start to finish...and I would want him there...I want him to be able to experience the entire thing and be there for our child from birth and beyond...he is amazing as a father and I cant wait to see him then

And when HE walked into my life,
I KNEW why it had never worked out with anyone else...
Old 10-04-2008, 12:10 PM
i carry your heart...

Oh, man! He's only got 9 months to go... No way would I get pregnant without him on the outside! Eeek! He wouldn't like that either. I can understand it for others, though, if they have a very long bid.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:39 PM

Default A little late for that...

Just found out I'm about two months along...he just got knocked a couple of weeks ago...

...so, yeah. I don't believe in abortion, and he'd kill me if I put his baby up for adoption! It's going to be tough because I already have 3 other kids (9 yr old son and 5 yr old boy/girl twins), but I can handle it!

Old 10-05-2008, 09:55 PM

I said no when i first answered this but now I am considering. I have a 2 yr old son and he is so precious and I have always wanted my kids to be close in age. Marquice has 5 years left on his sentence. My son will be 7 when he gets out. I don't want my kids that far apart in age. However, I do want my kids to know their father and grow up in a 2 parent household. I am on the fence with this one. Plus I want another kid soon. Marquice is not the biological father of JJ but he raised him with me until he went to jail.

in love since 2.14.06
Old 10-06-2008, 11:24 PM
The Truth Is Forever
Donation Award 

I said yes because we want to have a family and I am so ready to be a mommy but only God knows if we will have that blessing I certainly hope so.My clock is tickin'

Old 10-07-2008, 12:16 AM
Closed

Thanked 1,286 Times in 382 Posts

Hell no. I am not going through pregnancy alone. PERIOD.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:34 PM

Everything happens for a reason so if the time is right and it happens then it was meant to be! I'm not getting any younger and want kids as I don't have any. He has a daughter but there is nothing like your own child with your husband Believe me it is something I don't want to do alone but like I said things happen for reasons! Plus how many men are free that get women pregnant only to leave them in the end so honestly he is just suspended in time
Old 10-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Me Me Me Him

I had no intention on it, but it has happened. I found out yesterday and I will be telling him tomorrow. The baby will be born in June 2009, he gets out in July 2009....wish we could have waited one more month.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylifehiswife08 View Post
I had no intention on it, but it has happened. I found out yesterday and I will be telling him tomorrow. The baby will be born in June 2009, he gets out in July 2009....wish we could have waited one more month.

CONGRATS

in love since 2.14.06
Old 10-08-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylifehiswife08 View Post
Congrats