Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: if you had the chance to get pregnant would you?
yes 897 38.37%
no 1,039 44.44%
maybe 307 13.13%
can't decide 95 4.06%
Voters: 2338. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2007, 06:11 AM
Babygirl

thats a tough question! it really is.... wow. Since JJ is only going to be gone for a little less than 5 months, yes ofcourse I would wait. Even if he was gone for a couple of years... I could probably wait even if it was 10 years. but if it was longer than that.... I would have to think about it, because even JJ knows how important it is to me to have children I already have 1 boy who is about to 3 years old and I want another very badly, we were trying before he went in and we will try again when he gets out.
But that is a very good question!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2007, 06:31 AM

I found out I was pregnant right after my man had got locked up so i had to go through the whole pregnancy without him and it was depressing for me especially when i had to bring the baby home without him.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:23 AM
The love is always there

At the point where I am right now in my life, I think I would if I could. I have thought about this subject a lot. I have no children and neither does he. I am 38 and he is 36. He will be in for a few more years and to be honest, although I would like to have a child with him I don't think it will be possible when he gets out for the fact I will be getting to a questionable age to have children. So for that my answer would be yes.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:16 AM

Yes ,without a doubt, as a matter of fact I'm trying right now. We were going to wait till he get home, but if we wait till he gets home my oldest son would be 18 and my youngest would be 11 and thats a big gap in between them.And I'll soon be hitting my mid 30's when he gets home.So I rather now than later.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:03 AM
*hiz future wifey*

absolutely not! i'd rather wait til he got out to start having any kids by him..he already has two by two different women and hes unable to see them cuz there moms are crazy lol! but he has a short sentence to me so i'd wait plus im only 21 n hes only 33 so we plan on waiting til he comes home.....jus hopefully he'll be home soon so da whole financial situation is alot less stressful on me!

Old 04-19-2007, 04:24 PM

I personally would not. I'm speaking for my husband and I both because we have talked about that.I mean we can't anyway but it was a hypothetical conversation. We would not want to put our child through all the heartache when we could prevent it. My husband would also miss some of the most important years of the child's life. So we will just work on our family when he is out and we can enjoy it together.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:19 PM

I would have to say no because we already have 5 yr old and its hard on me already. Plus its hard on kids not able to see the daddy everyday it hurts and I think it just best to just wait until he comes home 4 real
Old 04-19-2007, 10:53 PM

absolutely not.we met and fell in love six years ago and have been on and off ever since. All of our plans got so twisted back then. We had a rocky experience with our first son already who is now 3. My man never even saw me pregnant and wasn't there for the birth because of my stubborn hormones and our bad communication with each other. i thought i was being protective. But i was just listening to too many people telling me what i should and shouldn't do. So we've both had a lot of guilt and resentment toward each other even though we've never stopped being in love.
We got back together this year since he's been in prison and it's more real than it has ever been. He calls and writes all the time and is so romantic. He was with some other chick when he went in, but she was part of the reason he's there now. He says this was the best thing that could've happened because he knows himself now and was able to find his way back to me for the last time. He's absolutely the love of my life and I want to try to get pregnant when he comes home so we can both experience it together like it should've been the first time.

Has anyone read or heard about "the secret"? Well I thought it was a great book and as soon as i read it i got my love back in my life stronger than ever right about the same time he broke up with his girlfriend and we've been going strong now ever since. I sent it to him and he enjoyed it too and 3 or 4 other guys wanted to read it after him. It is about the law of attraction. It sounds a little ridiculous to some people but I know I'm getting everything I want.

In fact I don't know about anyone else but I think that some of our men will be home sooner than expected due to the reform. I'm hoping! Especially since I want to have a baby by the beginning of next year.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:53 PM
Banned

No way - but when I was in the middle of the sentence, we were sure trying. I am SO glad it didn't happen. I am pregnant now - 2 days after he got home - and that is PLENTY soon enough. I was worried that I'd have trouble because I am 37 now, but obviously it wasn't an issue!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:55 PM

In my opinion I would say no because we already have two kids ages 5 and 8 and as it is they miss their dad so much. I couldnt imagine going thru pregnancy, delivery, homecoming, everything without him there he has always been there to help with the kids so I wouldnt want him to miss out.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:09 AM

No I wouldn't I think it will be hard for him, for me and the baby, I give it up for all the ladies who are now racing a child on their own because their mans are Locked up, I admire you ladies I don't htink I can handle it. My husband will be coming home in 2 years we are young and we can wait, now if he was a lifer I don't think it would be on my plans to have a baby
Old 04-20-2007, 08:24 AM

im conflicted cause i feel kids should be raised by both parents who wants to see thier father behind bars? but when your in love it's hard esp. when he has 20-life who knows
Old 04-20-2007, 03:26 PM

My man has 1 year and 5 months left. He has already been in for 3 years
and has 1 year and 5 months to go. I think I can wait a little bit longer. I would rather have my child raised by two parents

Old 04-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Banned

Location: mi cuerpo es en ny & mi corazon es down in FCI Fed-N.J.

interesting topic. i love how many say they would wow.................

this is a great topic, goin bak to read more post...then i will comment!
Old 04-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Banned

Location: mi cuerpo es en ny & mi corazon es down in FCI Fed-N.J.

interesting topic. i am so independent and all together in the financial aspect of what goes along when having kids etc house in order lifestyle etc so i can hold it down with his son or daughter IF i did get pregs........i really do believe this...

*i think i can if i did want to and if he got congigal visits etc! but since he comin home in less then 10 months or so now i can wait and not sure if i want anymore, have two lil beautiful nenas right now.

but
i DO know he still want one to three when he was HOME and now when he in prison he still talk about it.

but he wanna do it he say OUT here in our own he say with NO bars just in our nice soft big queen size soft bed,awww...lol

and he love my girls so very much and he such a great man so this might all happen,very very possible.time will tell.

Last edited by Daniel,i love u; 04-20-2007 at 04:05 PM..
Old 04-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Donation Award 

No, it would be hard to raise a child alone. But I commend the women who do. Takes a lot of strength and patience. I admire that.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:18 AM
Closed

actually this is interesting because me and my fiance are thinking about this and have been discussing it considering he will be doing 9 years and we are gonna get married soon and will have family visits. our son is gonna be 3 in june and we were trying to get pregnant when he was out. i have raised our son and delivered him by myself and i think im pretty good at it.. of course i dont like it, but i could manage.. i wanna do it because i dont wanna wait to have another one just cause i know how hard it is for kids to bond when they're so far apart, but i dont because im going back to school and it will be harder with 2 kids and plus hes not thrilled about not being there when the child is born.. so who knows..if it happens, it happens.. but if it doesnt then thats fine too.. xoxo.. i him!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 03:04 PM

I couldn't
Old 04-23-2007, 12:29 AM

i would want to wait until he gets out. that's a special experience that i would want to spend with my boyfriend.

gosh this makes me think of the video "seize the day" by avenged sevenfold...its sad but it has to do with this actually
Old 04-24-2007, 09:07 AM

I would do it and I'll tell you why. I have several issues that are causing fertility issues. If I have a chance, I am going to take it. It may happen, it may not. My husband and I both agree that we won't try to prevent it.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:26 PM

Already pregnant!
Old 04-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Closed

We're talking about it now. He probably secretly loves the idea of COMPLETELY tying me down but Im trying to make him see that it would be just too hard for me to do alone. Im a self-proclaimed superwoman, no DOUBT...but with a 5 & 7 yr old at home, two jobs and one income...I cant go through the diapers and daycare and formula and sleepless nights alone...I'd go bonkers. Besides, it will be his first so he wants to be there to help.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:47 PM

Default In a word, no

I got pregnant when he first got out. He's been back 4 more times.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:39 PM

I def would..... even if he had to do life I would.... I made the biggest mistake of my life (abortion) and I feel like now i would've had a little him running around here to love.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:16 AM

Default "babies"

I have a daughter, and he got taken when she was 6mos old, and she doesn't even know him, It's not fair to them, Even if you want a part of him to hold onto!!!!

1 year 1 month 1 day till he's home she'll be alomst 3yrs!!!