Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: if you had the chance to get pregnant would you?
yes 897 38.37%
no 1,039 44.44%
maybe 307 13.13%
can't decide 95 4.06%
Voters: 2338. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2006, 10:12 PM

My husband and I talk about this all the time once we get family visits I really don't want to because I want him to be here for all those special moments. He doesn't care when it happens it is totally up to me he says.

Forever N Love
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2006, 03:19 AM
Banned

I so would..... He would be a great daddy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg turkeybear.jpg (3.9 KB, 84 views)
Old 11-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Banned

This is a tough one if your shorty was a lifer . I can see that being ing. How could you not. I feel for those who has to make such a decision . Im sure God will help anyone in that situation. Short time I would wait Im also a single mother, my Forvere will be home in 1yr and 2 months . Good luck to all .
Old 11-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Always thinking of him...

I voted "can't decide". Mine has been down 8 in a 20 to life sentence and we are both in our late 20's and neither of us have children now. He wants them and I really don't. I dont know how fair it would be on everyone involved - me having to raise the child alone, him missing out on his child's growing up, and the child having an absent father. Maybe I'll feel different in a few years.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:13 PM

Why stay with someone if you have to go behind their back to do something? If I was with a lifer and realization hit me that we'd never be able to have a child/children together and I really wanted to move forward in my life, then I'd just have to leave him behind and move forward.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:46 PM
To wait is to hope
Donation Award 

Absolutely yes, no question about it. We have our baby's name set already.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:47 PM

I can't get pregnent , but if being in this situation , I would have to decline.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Always thinking of him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsalmondjoy
Why stay with someone if you have to go behind their back to do something? If I was with a lifer and realization hit me that we'd never be able to have a child/children together and I really wanted to move forward in my life, then I'd just have to leave him behind and move forward.
We arent talking about going behind their back and having a child with another man. My man is a lifer and if we get married we would be able to have family visits, in which case he would easily be able to impregnate me!
Old 11-22-2006, 03:41 PM
Wifey Of Kelly Edwards

I dont know maybe, I want another child but its hard enough raising kayla on my own. I would have had a 2month old now if I would not have misscarried. Kelly got locked up on the 23rd of Febuary and we found out I was pregnant that same day. Like a months later I lost the baby. But I guess god had a plan for us and it was not having another baby right now. But speaking from a single moms point of view who works 2 jobs and gos to school no I would not want another one while he is locked up. I have way too much on my plate right now.

Come hell or high water I will be by my man's side
Old 11-22-2006, 03:49 PM

I WOULD NOT GET PREGNANT WHYLE MY BOYFRIEND WAS LOCKED UP!! I HAVE A CHILD RIGHT NOW WHO HASNT HAD HIS FATHER AROUND FOR THE LAST FIVE YEARS OF HIS LIFE. HE WAS THREE YEARS OLD WHEN HIS DAD WENT TO PRISON AND IT IS NOT EASY FOR A CHILD TO GROW UP WITHOUT A DAD!! I CAN NEVER GIVE EITHER ONE OF THEM THE FIVE YEARS THAT THEY HAVE BEEN APART. SEEING HIS DAD ONCE A MONTH AND PHONE CALLS IS NOT WHAT A CHILD DESERVES. I KNOW THINGS HAPPEN AND WE LIVE WITH THEM AND DEAL WITH THE BUT WHY BRING A BABY IN TO A SITUATION WHERE THE FATHER ISNT GOING TO BE THERE IN THE BEGGINING AT ALL. JUST MY OPINION!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 09:06 PM

If I did it would kill me as I would never sign the papers to have another child removed from my tubes. two is enough. and with being 48 years old I don't want to have to raise a baby at this age and worry about if I will be around when they grow up and have babies of their own.. he would in a heart beat and has told me so as he knows how much I wanted a family.. he has two daughters and three grand children so far so once he gets out I am sure there will be babies enough to go around..

Always and Forever
Deborah & George

My George is Home
March 1, 2012

Old 11-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Missing My Love

No Way Thats not fair to the child that you would be bringing into this world and umm not fair to the women either its a mutual thing not meant to be done by one person and especially not if he is a lifer
Old 11-22-2006, 09:16 PM

I would if he was in for life but if he wasn't no because i want him to be able to experience the pregnancy with me
Old 11-24-2006, 06:13 PM
Linda Vaesa

I Would Say Yes Because I Love My Man And Could Handel Everything.
Plus I Am 28 With No Kids And He Has A Long Sentence
Old 11-24-2006, 09:10 PM
missinghim

There is no way I could of gone through labor with out my husband and first of all I'd love the action that comes with making a baby but actually having one w/ out him here to walk me through the whole process no way!! If it happened great but making it happen no, I'm having enough problems with the one we already got
Old 11-24-2006, 11:10 PM
Banned

Default helllllllll no

no .no .no . its hard enough being a single mother and theres no telling if he gone stay and do right when he come home.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:33 PM

No, I just don't think it would be fair
Old 11-28-2006, 02:02 AM

my hunny and I were actually talked about that yesterday during the visit, honestly I want to, crazy as it may seem form someone who never wanted to have kids. He has changed me
Old 11-28-2006, 02:22 AM
Loving my former inmate

Thumbs down Good Question.........

My answer would have to be No . I love my man and would love to have his children but being that we both don't have any kids and this would be our first experience I would definitely want him to be there with me and for me during the pregnancy. The only condition under which I would have his child, and God forbid this never happens, is if he was sentenced to a life sentence. Then I would do it in a heart beat since he wouldn't be coming out ever again anyway and there would be no need to wait and although prison life isn't the best or greatest life, it is a way of life where he and his child would be able to visit together, get to know each other, and even learn from each other. But other than that, I can definitely wait until my Baby comes home to become preggers.

Last edited by NiniCakes84; 11-28-2006 at 02:23 AM..
Old 11-30-2006, 06:16 PM

yes i would do it in a second no doubt what so ever i love him with all my heart and would love to feel apart of him inside of me he is a lifer so yes i would
Old 12-14-2006, 03:08 PM

my feelings exactly.

Why put my child at a disadvantage like that...especially if my partner was a lifer?
I've been a single Mom, and it was incredibly difficult. I can't even imagine taking that stress on willingly.

Of course, everyone has different views on this subject....but for me, it just wouldn't work.[/quote]
Old 12-14-2006, 08:30 PM
My TrUe LoVe

Ummmm no i jus had our 1st baby 2 weeks ago.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:56 PM
dangerously in love

I don't think so. It's been a discussion recently because he'll soon be able to get furloughs, and he wants us to try when he's home on furloughs. Initially I was all for it, but after much thought, I don't think so. I really do want to have his baby but the stresses of him being in prison don't end until he's home. I want as little stress as possible during my pregnancy, for one, I want to be able to carry my baby to term, two, they say the baby senses it and stressful pregnancy equals fussy baby. What if I become ill and have to cut back at work or stop working all together? who will pick up my slack or pay all the bills and support him? Having a child is a HUGE decision. It doesn't just fall from the sky, it's such an emotional thing. My emotions are all over the place as it is with him just being where it is, I don't need to throw something even more emotionally charged into the mix. My compromise was for us to get pregnant when he's got about a month or 2 left so he'll be home rather early and be able to experience the pregnancy with me, and I wouldn't be so worried about finances and bills. He's a problem solver, I could leave it all to him. If I was dealing with a longer term or a lifer, without a doubt, the answer would be no. That becomes about the child. The world is tough enough as it is. Kids coming up don't need any help with disadvantages.

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

Old 04-18-2007, 11:29 PM

i wouldnt cause i have to work and make money for the two of us
Old 04-18-2007, 11:34 PM

My man is a Lifer...& YES...absolutely, without a doubt would I have his child! We've discussed this. There is a chance for parole...but that won't be until 2014. I'm 36 now...he's 26. My clock is ticking. I have 2 children...he has none. I would love to be blessed with having a little him (or her). I've been a single parent...yes it's hard....but there's nothing like a childs love. That is the most precious gift that can come from love.