Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: How do you cope (outside PTO and your relationship with your prisoner)
I've statred college 159 24.05%
I work two jobs now 126 19.06%
I go to church and/or pray a lot more 176 26.63%
I spend more time with the kids 251 37.97%
I go out with friends 177 26.78%
I kick it with guy friends (sex not necessarily included) 30 4.54%
I lay in bed and cry most of the time 143 21.63%
I use drugs and alcohol to numb the pain 58 8.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 661. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2014, 08:32 PM

I write. A lot. I send him letters every day and I think my shortest letter was still like 10 pages! I just write and write. He hasn't been gone that long yet and the hardest part is not knowing what his sentence is yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to bcjsgirl13 For This Useful Post:
cmf1212 (01-20-2014)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2019, 07:06 PM

I'm always doing my diy thing all the time. If I'm not doing that I'm working on craft projects for clients. I'm always finding something to do to cope!
Old 05-17-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keywii View Post
I'm always doing my diy thing all the time. If I'm not doing that I'm working on craft projects for clients. I'm always finding something to do to cope!

I have been trying to get back into my crafty side ! I always have the idea but never the motivation to do it. Ugh ! I need to kick myself in the ass to get motivated , it would def help the days go by quicker thatís for sure
Old 05-17-2019, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torieoo View Post
I have been trying to get back into my crafty side ! I always have the idea but never the motivation to do it. Ugh ! I need to kick myself in the ass to get motivated , it would def help the days go by quicker thatís for sure
I hope you get back into it! Crafting really helps me relax and pass the time on a daily. I've always been crafty my entire life, but I'm MORE crafty now. What ever I'm feeling that day I'm putting so much energy into the piece I'm doing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keywii For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-18-2019), torieoo (05-17-2019)
Old 05-17-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
I hope you get back into it! Crafting really helps me relax and pass the time on a daily. I've always been crafty my entire life, but I'm MORE crafty now. What ever I'm feeling that day I'm putting so much energy into the piece I'm doing.

Thanks me too!! My sister got me a Cricut machine for my birthday and I was obsessed with it for weeks & then I just stopped. I was also making those mesh wreaths as well. Iíve def been going thru a funk lately but I need to push myself to do it again
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to torieoo For This Useful Post:
keywii (05-18-2019), Sarianna (05-18-2019)
Old 05-18-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Thanks me too!! My sister got me a Cricut machine for my birthday and I was obsessed with it for weeks & then I just stopped. I was also making those mesh wreaths as well. Iíve def been going thru a funk lately but I need to push myself to do it again
Cricut machine are the best thing to be invented! I've always wanted one and plan to get one soon. I know I'll be just as you was obsessed with it. That's amazing you was making mesh wreaths those are a huge hit these days. My mother makes all sorts of wreaths. You'll get back up on your crafty side again. You just need motivation to get there and I hope you was able to get the motivation you need to expand your crafty side even more.
100%Hiz (05-18-2019), torieoo (05-18-2019)
Old 05-18-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Cricut machine are the best thing to be invented! I've always wanted one and plan to get one soon. I know I'll be just as you was obsessed with it. That's amazing you was making mesh wreaths those are a huge hit these days. My mother makes all sorts of wreaths. You'll get back up on your crafty side again. You just need motivation to get there and I hope you was able to get the motivation you need to expand your crafty side even more.

Yesss Iím excited I have it I just barely know how to use it! definitely invest in one !! So far the only mesh wreath I made was a sunflower one but I plan to make more ! Thank you !! I hope my motivation kicks back in soon !!!
100%Hiz (05-18-2019), keywii (05-18-2019)
Old 05-18-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Yesss Iím excited I have it I just barely know how to use it! definitely invest in one !! So far the only mesh wreath I made was a sunflower one but I plan to make more ! Thank you !! I hope my motivation kicks back in soon !!!
Lol! You'll be a pro at it soon. Thanks, I'm surely going to invest in one and gift one to my mother as well. I know that has to be very beautiful!!! I'd love sunflowers. You're welcome and you'll get there I'm sure of it!
100%Hiz (05-18-2019), torieoo (05-18-2019)
Old 05-18-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Lol! You'll be a pro at it soon. Thanks, I'm surely going to invest in one and gift one to my mother as well. I know that has to be very beautiful!!! I'd love sunflowers. You're welcome and you'll get there I'm sure of it!

Youíre welcome ! My next project is to try to do some shirts with it , I just need a heat press but Iím thinking I could just use an iron, so weíll see!! That wreath about made me rip all my hair out I had to walk away from it and then go back lol
100%Hiz (05-18-2019), keywii (05-18-2019)
Old 05-18-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Youíre welcome ! My next project is to try to do some shirts with it , I just need a heat press but Iím thinking I could just use an iron, so weíll see!! That wreath about made me rip all my hair out I had to walk away from it and then go back lol
You can actually do it with an iron! As long as the material that you use is able to be iron on/used with a iron. Lol, girl I bet it did but it was worth it and I hope you kept all your hair hehe. Tell me about it when you have to walk away from a project and then go back to it lol. I've done that plenty of times. I've walked away from projects went to sleep and to wake right back up to go back to finishing the project haha. Things will get you frustrated like that but once the project is finished/complete you'll see just how worth it was at the end
The Following User Says Thank You to keywii For This Useful Post:
100%Hiz (05-18-2019)
Old 05-18-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
You can actually do it with an iron! As long as the material that you use is able to be iron on/used with a iron. Lol, girl I bet it did but it was worth it and I hope you kept all your hair hehe. Tell me about it when you have to walk away from a project and then go back to it lol. I've done that plenty of times. I've walked away from projects went to sleep and to wake right back up to go back to finishing the project haha. Things will get you frustrated like that but once the project is finished/complete you'll see just how worth it was at the end

Oh good!! I really didnít want to spend over $100 on a heat press nor do I have the money to get one! So far all my hair is still in tact yes I had to walk away and my dad came into my room and was like howís the project and I was like just leave lmfao but I calmed down, went back out and ended up finishing it lol. I get frustrated easily, even with my cricut lol, Iíve been using it to write out my address and my mans address and draw something on the envelope so when it doesnít line up right you already know Iím over here yelling
Old 05-18-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Oh good!! I really didnít want to spend over $100 on a heat press nor do I have the money to get one! So far all my hair is still in tact yes I had to walk away and my dad came into my room and was like howís the project and I was like just leave lmfao but I calmed down, went back out and ended up finishing it lol. I get frustrated easily, even with my cricut lol, Iíve been using it to write out my address and my mans address and draw something on the envelope so when it doesnít line up right you already know Iím over here yelling
Yes!!!!! Same I get very frustrated easily as well, I think it's because of my sign everything has to be prefect or I'll get so frustrated if it isn't lol. Now I got to get me a cricut if your able to write out address and draw on the envelopes. That would save me so much time when I have to write out envelopes. I bet it does lol.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Yes!!!!! Same I get very frustrated easily as well, I think it's because of my sign everything has to be prefect or I'll get so frustrated if it isn't lol. Now I got to get me a cricut if your able to write out address and draw on the envelopes. That would save me so much time when I have to write out envelopes. I bet it does lol.

Yes I recommend it!! I just started using it to write on the envelopes and I actually said to myself ďwhy have I been hand writing it/drawing it myself when Iíve had this thing the whole time!!Ē Itís a hand cramp safer for sure !!
Old 05-18-2019, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Yes I recommend it!! I just started using it to write on the envelopes and I actually said to myself ďwhy have I been hand writing it/drawing it myself when Iíve had this thing the whole time!!Ē Itís a hand cramp safer for sure !!
I do a whole lot of things to occupy my time and crafting is something I love.
My hunny gifted me with a Cricut this past birthday and I have used it a few times. I recently made my first two shirts--they came out great. I have pinned a whole bunch of resources on Pinterest. My next goal is to make my hunny a custom father's day card. I'm super excited to try it out.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Hiz View Post
I do a whole lot of things to occupy my time and crafting is something I love.

My hunny gifted me with a Cricut this past birthday and I have used it a few times. I recently made my first two shirts--they came out great. I have pinned a whole bunch of resources on Pinterest. My next goal is to make my hunny a custom father's day card. I'm super excited to try it out.

Thatís awesome ! I eventually want to learn how do to cards too! Let me know how it turns out! I never thought to use my Pinterest for resources, good tip!!
The Following User Says Thank You to torieoo For This Useful Post:
100%Hiz (05-27-2019)
Old 05-19-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Thatís awesome ! I eventually want to learn how do to cards too! Let me know how it turns out! I never thought to use my Pinterest for resources, good tip!!
Yes! Pinterest is the best source to find all types of ideas on different crafts. I'm always using it to find new ideas of what I want to learn or to try. You should really give it a go and pin to save all the things you want to learn or try out. I'm getting into building my own bed and it has been super exciting to learn what I need to do to create the bed of my dreams. I want real wood this fake wood isn't cutting for me anymore lol. So many wonderful way to cope with things.
100%Hiz (05-27-2019)
Old 05-19-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Yes! Pinterest is the best source to find all types of ideas on different crafts. I'm always using it to find new ideas of what I want to learn or to try. You should really give it a go and pin to save all the things you want to learn or try out. I'm getting into building my own bed and it has been super exciting to learn what I need to do to create the bed of my dreams. I want real wood this fake wood isn't cutting for me anymore lol. So many wonderful way to cope with things.

It never even crossed my mind ! I barely use my Pinterest anymore but Iím gonna have to get back into it for sure! Youíre building your own bed?! Omg I wouldnít even know where to start! I hope you share the finished product with us Iíd love to see it when itís done !
Old 05-20-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
It never even crossed my mind ! I barely use my Pinterest anymore but Iím gonna have to get back into it for sure! Youíre building your own bed?! Omg I wouldnít even know where to start! I hope you share the finished product with us Iíd love to see it when itís done !
Yes! I'm building my own bed (entire bedroom actually)!! Oh, I'll make sure to share it indeed. Pinterest has given me all the ideas and tools to expand my diy skills. Yes, you gotta get back into using pinterest again. The things you can learn from that site is mind blowing.
100%Hiz (05-27-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Yes! I'm building my own bed (entire bedroom actually)!! Oh, I'll make sure to share it indeed. Pinterest has given me all the ideas and tools to expand my diy skills. Yes, you gotta get back into using pinterest again. The things you can learn from that site is mind blowing.

Oh my gosh I canít wait to see it! And youíre right about that! So many new techniques right at my fingertips
Old 05-21-2019, 02:26 AM
Married May 27, 2017!

I play video games.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:06 AM

I work, I'm a tour guide so that occupies me, I'm play games, I'm going to try and get my degree and I want to learn how to sew clothes. Im also planning on learning a 3rd language. I just build my world around him and do stuff for myself
The Following User Says Thank You to kellydavid410 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-23-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 06:00 AM
Account Closed

I work in the Information Technology field so I'm always busy. I also travel a little bit for work so that helps as well. Also planning our wedding as well as my son's wedding. Lots of stuff to keep me busy but it's still hard being away from him. Thank goodness for video visits!
Old 05-27-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
So exciting. I feel the same way about personalizing furniture. I built a huge bed for my daughter years ago when we had this moroccan motif going on. My family still talks about it. I had the wood cut at the local Home Depot. I didn't treat the wood or anything (rookie mistake) and guess what--ants loved the freaking wood. I probably should have done a bit more research on that part.