Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: What does he do
Draws artwork 23 31.08%
A love song 2 2.70%
Poem 8 10.81%
Love letter 41 55.41%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Dedicated 2 him...ALWAYS

Oh gosh...when it comes to cheering me up...hmmm can I say I'm a SPOILED BRAT...lol...he sends me the beautiful LOVE letters, the most amazing drawings, he tells me the most beautiful and lovely words, he sends me a lot of kisses over the phone, he writes me poems, he tells me jokes, he signs to me, for my birthday he had the entire dorm sign happy birthday to me because i was really sad without him, but most important of all he tells me how much he LOVES me and misses me

Last edited by Mrs.Haml1n; 03-08-2013 at 11:58 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs.Haml1n For This Useful Post:
AfricanQueen26 (03-09-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2013, 11:46 PM

My man is an amazing artist! I get at least one really good drawing or hankie a week. I love it! Of course along with the occasional poem and most his letters are love letters.
The Following User Says Thank You to Klj2019 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2013, 12:34 AM

Thanked 1,164 Times in 492 Posts

I chose 'Love Letters' because all of his letters are love letters but he has sent artwork and other crafts to me. Those aren't what cheer me up the most though, when we're on the phone he can really give some killer 'pep talks!'

Just like the sun goes down at night
Just like the moon and stars come out
To light up the sky
Just like every spring has gloomy days
Full of thunderous rain
Before new flowers bloom
Just like the river travels long rough
Miles through cities and towns just to
Flow into the sea for eternity
There Will Be A Time For Us
The Following User Says Thank You to KirstenTaylorC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Haml1n View Post
Oh gosh...when it comes to cheering me up...hmmm can I say I'm a SPOILED BRAT...lol...he sends me the beautiful LOVE letters, the most amazing drawings, he tells me the most beautiful and lovely words, he sends me a lot of kisses over the phone, he writes me poems, he tells me jokes, he signs to me, for my birthday he had the entire dorm sign happy birthday to me because i was really sad without him, but most important of all he tells me how much he LOVES me and misses me
I remember last year I cried on bday bcos ever thing want wrong hurricane sandy happen on my bday weekend so he felt bad bcos I plan so much stuff to so he felt bad bcos he wasny home so he sent me a gift basket it had perfumes, body lotions, shower gels and a teddy bear I was so surprised I cried and it had a little card attach to it. The things then can do behind those walls never seems to amaze me lol
Mrs.Haml1n (03-10-2013)
Old 03-09-2013, 02:35 PM

Mine has no one to help him from the outside, but manages to send me things. Flowers when they allow it (2x's a year) a macrame necklace he made (and just the thought of him fiddling with those little strings with his big ole hands is enough to make me smile). He pays for all the calls and they are pricey, but more than once I have gotten a call from him saying "Honey I am sorry I was so depressed (or negative, or self absorbed) today on the phone, I just had to call you and tell you I love you!". They have him on meds that keep him so down every day that he is almost a different person. Pfft...like being in there away from me and life isn't depressing enough!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmsb For This Useful Post:
AfricanQueen26 (03-09-2013), chocolat3ta (03-12-2013)
Old 03-12-2013, 10:30 AM

he writes me love letters almost everyday. i love that man. he cant be mad at me for more that 5 mins and he shows me he loves me only 38 more days
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chocolat3ta For This Useful Post:
AfricanQueen26 (03-12-2013), Mrs.Haml1n (03-12-2013)
Old 06-10-2013, 09:47 AM

He is just very goofy and corny..
he'll just sing (terribly) to make me smile or laugh.. he just jokes around a lot & teases me...
He hasn't wrote much letters because we speak a lot every day on the phone but those letters he did that to make sure to keep me happy, smiling, laughing & just feel loved.. I have one letter it totally was cute & funny.. it was actually supposed to be a letter from the "paper" explaining how much he loves me & the things he witnesses my love going thru being away from me.. & how sorry & stupid he has been at times.. it's a lot more amazing than it may sound.. but the letter made me cry, smile, laugh so very much!!! The paper even flirted with me, lmao.. oh how I love him!!!
We used to watch Family Guy together alotttt and he always plays out scenes from our favorite episodes, always cheers me up because he impersonates each character so well its scary!! Lol.. he is awesome...
Oh man I could be here all day with stuff.. just thinking about him is melting my heart & cheering me up itself...

Last edited by mandarose; 06-10-2013 at 09:50 AM..
Old 06-10-2013, 10:25 AM

Nothing lately, absolutely nothing.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:25 PM

My man has done all of the above and more. He really does do all he can to keep a smile on my face and to cheer me up when I am feeling down. For valentines day he had a portrait of me made by the best artist in the unit and it's so beautiful I have it on the wall above my bed and everyone who sees it wants to know where they could get one made lol, and then he had a big cloth heart thing made for me and it has minnie and mickey on it holding hands, nose to nose and it says "my love is with you always and forever" and I have that over my desk. He writes the cutest love letters, and in almost every letter he always writes something cute about us, he sings to me on the phone even when I laugh, he's writing me a song now, and does everything he can to communicate with my brother to help keep him out of trouble.

Recently during finals week I was mostly joking around with my man telling him about school, but my teacher announced who had the highest grade in my International Business class and he said it was this girl who had a 94. Well he announced it before he added my extra credit research essay which raised my grade to a 96, which really meant I had the highest grade in the class. We clapped for the girl and she got a lot of praise and stuff and it really wasn't a big deal. Well my man got all his friends and people around one day to give me a round of applause over the phone because he said I truly deserved it. It was so cute and thoughtful, and he was really listening to my boring story
Old 06-10-2013, 04:39 PM
B &amp; A Forever and Always

B is an amazing artist, and he's always cheered me up by drawing me things

He's done other things, like pick flowers and sing songs (such a goof ) but his drawings always bring a smile to my face!

There's one that he drew a while ago that I've been meaning to get tattooed because I love it so much and it's so dear to my heart

01.15.2012-Forever
Old 06-14-2013, 02:25 AM
Donation Award 

He used to do cards and pictures, but the prison have taken most of his drawing materials. I get a love letter every week and a phone call or 2 or 3 every evening. He stands out in the hail and the snow to ring me. He always asks about my day and how my cat is and stuff that tells me he remembers what Im up to. if I am down, he will chat and talk about fun things we have done, or just talk about whatever until I feel better.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:20 AM

just today I was flipping out on a issue we have with our visitation & he calms me down talks to me very deeply with his heart & always says the right words to heal my soul. & at the end he dedicates a song to me & tells me to listen to it after our phone call cause hell be in his bunk listening to it too
Old 05-19-2019, 10:00 AM

He puts so much effort within his letters or over the phone when I'm feeling down. He'll do all he can to make me feel better before the call end or before he end his letter. It's a good feeling to be able to experience this with him. If he isn't saying something uplifting or sweet. He's always saying something to make me laugh.
The Following User Says Thank You to keywii For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (05-19-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 04:58 AM
Billy's Sweetheart

When my baby knows things are going south for me, he makes an effort to call more often, and will make sure that I'm laughing before the phone call ends. He writes everyday without fail, and there is always some sort of artwork that he sends home. He tries so hard to keep my spirits up.