Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Do you see marriage?
Yes 214 84.25%
No 14 5.51%
Maybe 32 12.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2013, 07:26 PM
StartinOverWithSomeoneNew

Yes ...we have talked about it and have it planned for when he gets out. I already call him my hubby and I put his last name instead of mine on the envelopes when I send him letters. I can't take all the credit for doing it he started it first after we decided that we are getting married when he gets home. I love him and I want to spend the rest of my life with him!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:40 PM

Marriage is definitely in our future.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:04 PM
BabyLove

Funny this should come up as a topic...on Sunday we talked about it and we both believe we are truely meant to be together. It wasn't our time 10yrs ago when we were together...today it is definately our time! I'm a lil ole fashion with traditional values when it comes to marriage and believe God can't bless a mess. I don't want to screw this up again...so we are taking things slllooooow and plan on getting married the day he gets out. Our spiritual values and beliefs are very important to each of us and it is the glue that keeps us to connected. We are committed to doing things different this time and making this last forever. I can hardly wait to be the Mrs.....
Old 05-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Mrs. Shepherd

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

We're getting married next year in jail and were having a ceremony when he comes home !
Old 05-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Formerly Mike'sbabyboy

Thanked 1,212 Times in 654 Posts

Mike has made it very clear that he wants us to marry. I, on the other hand, am still on the fence about getting married. It has nothing to do with loving Mike and wanting to spend the rest of my life with him...I am just not 100% on gay marriage.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Account Closed

Absolutely yes. In March he proposed. I though about it for a month before answering him with YES. I had to think about it because he is serving 25-life so I wanted to be sure I could wait 4ever if that's what it came down to and for any reason he didn't get parole. I know that I'd rather wait for him than be with anyone else. By this time next year we'll be married
Old 05-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Love my husband <3

I want to say yes to this but the thing is I don't know. I asked him how he felt about marriage because he was with his past exes for years and never married them or even got engaged I think. So I thought maybe he was anti marriage. Well he said that yes he does want to get married someday. He's not sure if it's to me though, he wants to make sure I'm the right girl first. Well I'm not going anywhere! So if me sticking by him is what it takes then that's what I'll do. I'll revisit this subject with him in 6 months or so.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:22 AM

Yes I do see marriage in our future. We love each other and don't want anyone else all we want is to be happy and spend the rest of our lives together.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:07 PM
B &amp; A Forever and Always

The way we see it (and we've been talking about it loads!) we can get married while he's there and then renew our vows with a "real" marriage. I've never been a girl to fantasize about a wedding and I don't care where it happens as long as we are together

01.15.2012-Forever
Old 05-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Donation Award 

Yes, I see me and my boo getting getting married when he comes home...its something talk about often!

For he Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
Old 05-19-2019, 10:11 AM

I see marriage in the future! The both of us do and have talked about it. He wanted my ring size I'm not sure what he's up to once he comes home!! But he got something special planned once he's settle and up on his feet. I can't wait to find out. I'm looking forward to us getting married.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbear831 View Post
Yes. We actually got engaged in October. We are looking to get married in August this year! Fingers crossed everything works out the way we want
Can someone tell me how does the process go at mccreary and also I heard that we would not be able too get married until next year I hope that's not true because I'm ready now lol but any and all information is greatly appreciated thanks in advance
Old 05-20-2019, 08:37 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,783 Times in 2,077 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatebaby View Post
Can someone tell me how does the process go at mccreary and also I heard that we would not be able too get married until next year I hope that's not true because I'm ready now lol but any and all information is greatly appreciated thanks in advance
Hi there - we have a thread called FEDERAL MARRIAGE Q&A at our Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central forums - please re-post there to get prison specific replies

Old 05-21-2019, 02:33 AM
Married May 27, 2017!

We married two years ago (minus one week.) Yes it was in prison.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:51 AM
Billy's Sweetheart

We are not waiting til he gets home. We should be married sometime before the end of this year.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsCandy View Post
Yes I do. Waiting on a date now. Can't wait to be the Mrs
Hi can i ask you are you getting married at usp mccreary? And if so can you tell me the steps you took and also do they marry once a year thanks and congratulations
Old 07-01-2019, 06:32 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,561 Times in 1,901 Posts

Not as long as he's in prison and then we'll just have to wait and see if this relationship survives all this prison-shit (excuse my French) and the coming home drama
a.rare.love (07-01-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 10:27 AM

Hola chica! MIZZY, Again, you're right. I so agree to that.Yep. y' buenas dias!(and, good morning...) I've also learned by growing + by being mature as i am, and enjoying mi vida bien!(my good god bless life)as it is, daily, each waking blessed day to just let things happen." I am one who is a "realist."I told him this,so he know i am not just going by his "words of romance/talk/prison talk/jail talk etc.al., and he know i am not going to allow mi self to be hurt, by any one inside OR outside of prison and i am being VERY careful, whenever i get back into a "serious-committed relation, outside of prison or while he is in."Marriage always sound great when talkin'about it, whether he in or out of prison." It is when "reality hits" that has me not wanting to even talk about it while a man is in prison. I have to make sure he can help provide,as i am 100% doing that greatly, doing real well, living a really God-blessed good life, for mi self,
living' happily, on mi own for a long time, and i love being strong.
He can't be weak, has to have some ambition to "work hard out here and or education-seeking etc.,"has to want to continue (growing/mature)and has to be shown to me, all of what he has said, in prison for a while now."So, for me? I do not like even talking about it, lol i would rather see how he is first, on the OUTSIDE."
-
If it is M2B(meant to be) it sure would be, and hence, not going to any longer for a long time now, focus on "what if we do this or can do that" or marry each other, etc. and in MY opinion, at times,even when you're discussing it, and all happy and then making "wedding plans" while he is on the inside, to me, is at times not too healthy, IF he is not showing action behind his words of keeping you happy,even with the most simplistic of things, from behind bars in prison. My brother served years a while ago saying, "Go by his actions" at the time he is talking about it." i agree." In prison, they have so much time to sit around and "fantasize" while thinkin' up ways to make us too "share their fantasy of big beautiful wedding, one day, or a prison wedding etc.al.," so when all of this "talk" is invoked, usually by mi partner, by him, honestly? (inwardly) i just squirm, when it come up and i let him know, "Let's just wait to see how you are out THE REAL WORLD, and i am not backing down from that."
-
I'm a strong, focus lady who continue to PREPARE (just in case)it did not work out with him, and i am then HAPPY, because i've prepared for it not working out and i am the most POSITIVE upbeat woman here, i am told for years and strong."I always say, i keep "1 ft. in, and one foot out" so this way?I am not going to be, to much "disappointed," if it did not work out,so i sure am not entertaining MARRIAGE while he is doing time in prison as we speak,til' he is out."I am going to just keep being happy, either way."

...TEAMWORK to me is EVERYTHING... Easy to say while you're incarcerated, and marriage talk etc. but the real world can be totally a different thing, ya know.
So i make sure i just don't talk about it LOL! Even when he invoke it all of the time.(Literally)
-That helps me stay focused on living mi nice life out here, building and running biz, etc., law school now, + just "enjoying my good life out here, relaxed healthy blessed days and nights, without a "romantic fantasy"of marrying mi guy on the inside." Also, i will avoid being disappointed and or hurt if it did not work out. So, each time the subject come up, i change it and smile and i am happier that way. I will not say "yes" to such prison proposal, under and because of a "romantic fantasy" and then be let down completely when he is home." Healthier (for me)to just wait, and see what happens, while still living a nice life out here, either way,whether it happens or not. . . Adios.
(and congrats to those who are getting married) while he is in prison!I wish you all the luck in the world.
Hugs and Blessings to all."

Life is too short to "settle."

#Strength is Power.

#KnowyourWorth

T.A.A.S.(there are ALWAYS signs.)Don't ignore them.

Last edited by a.rare.love; 07-01-2019 at 10:51 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a.rare.love For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (07-05-2019), MizzyMuffling (07-04-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 10:35 AM

Yes we are probably getting married February 8th 2020 I can't wait!
Old 07-01-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billys_Lady View Post
We are not waiting til he gets home. We should be married sometime before the end of this year.
aw good luck, chica! adios.

Life is too short to "settle."

#Strength is Power.

#KnowyourWorth

T.A.A.S.(there are ALWAYS signs.)Don't ignore them.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:12 PM

I can definitely see the possibility of us getting married but it will be awhile after he is out before I would be willing to go down that road again

Old 07-05-2019, 10:20 AM

Smile Love Will Be Waiting At Home

Yes we plan on marrying September 20, 2019 while he is incarcerated. We've known each other since we were 14 years old. We've both been married before. We reconnected 2 years before this incarceration. We were planning on marrying before he went in anyway. No, it won't be fairytale but at least we will be married like we planned. I love him and pray for him daily. We're planning a celebration/reception when he comes home.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikiB For This Useful Post:
Chocolatebaby (07-05-2019)