Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: How much more could u endure?
None 24 19.20%
1-2 more years 18 14.40%
3-5 more years 15 12.00%
Doesnt matter, thats my soulmate, Ill wait for life 68 54.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2012, 08:09 PM

He has life, so I will stick by his side for the rest of my days. I have already done the whole marriage thing and that did not work out but while I was married I had children 2 of which are grown. Finding out his sentence was hard on everyone but I am perfectly content with him and he is with me so the time doesn't matter.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm gonna still b me
Donation Award 

God bless all of u that will be waiting for a long time...as far as I go I would want to be here waiting for my Hunny to come home but becuz I'm not a fortune teller I could only leave it in God's hand and follow his lead
Old 06-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Love Dont Run<3

I love my man with all of my heart but if he had gotten 10 or more years I honestly probably wouldn't have waited. I mean of course when he got home I'd be with him and I'd write and visit the whole time but I'd "date" around until he got home. I'm only 20 years old and I couldn't see going through my twenties completely alone. I'm sure he would understand that.

So on fire & so in love that look in your eyes that I miss so much - remind me, baby, remind me.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:48 PM
He is mo anam cara
Donation Award 

I am waiting for the trial to see what is actually going to happen. I LOVE this man and can't imaging life without him. That said, I also cannot imaging going through life without a partner, shouldering all of the responsibilities for the kids and house forever by myself. If he gets a very long sentence then I will have to evaluate my feelings and see what I think I can handle. My new motto is one day at a time. I say that every morning to myself. I have to face the grim reality that he might be in for a very long time, the max is 20-50 years. I know that they very seldom get the max, so I guess we will just have to see. I am scared though. I am not sure I could survive without him in my life at all.

Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same

~ Emily Bronte

Old 06-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Sammy'sbabygirl

My man was supposed to be released on Sept 25 2012. But because of a miscalculation on the DOC's side they added nine months to his sentence. So now we are looking at April/May 2013. Am I happy about this? No. Will I wait? Absolutely. There is no one else for me.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Beautiful N Baby 4Lyfe

my first thought is there is no way but the truth be known...he has life right now and I have stayed 11 years ..and just when I feel like I cant do another year of this I look up and couple more have passed us by...I can't seem to stay away from him no matter how much I hate all this waiting.

I him so much, I Keep it out until the come off and we are can FINALLY be FREE to and one another W/O DOC all in our biz until then I live for and every available minute we can have together,no regrets.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:41 PM

No it doesnt matter. I met my husband when I was 15 he was my first love my first everything. We have two beautiful daughters together and when he was first sentenced he received 20 years about 6 years in the judge advised the DOC he made a "mistake" and he meant to have his 2 terms run seperate which added an extra 8 years. Needless to say we were devestated. I cried for days but also at that moment I knew without a doubt that it was him forever and it wouldnt matter.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_A View Post
It's crazy, I know. I didn't come to my decision lightly. He's appealing and were believing he'll be home way before then.

I feel like my boyfriend does that to me too, hes is very convencing. He tells me on thing is going to happen and makes it sound "not so bad" & BOOM it goes all wrong and its bad. He got 20 years all together thats the grand total. & hes still telling me he wont even do half. Idk how he figures but my decision making to stay with him is like a roller coaster, some days I feel like yeah Im doing the right thing and other days I feel like maybe Im wrong. I feel right most days so I just try to go with that! (:
Old 07-24-2012, 03:13 AM
Anything Is Possible &lt;3

My man got 17yrs 85% & my decision is still the same. I will let time play it's role! Be here for him forever(:
Old 07-24-2012, 02:04 PM

Default Asking myself the same thing

Im asking myself the same thing. Im 27 and my bf is facing 10-25.
I dont know what to do either....

I think they need our friendship no matter what. But as far as a relationship...i just dont know
Old 08-10-2012, 07:55 PM

I feel all of you on this! My boyfriend just got locked up for the 6th time! I met him when he got out after the 5th time so this is the first time im going thru this with him. But i am not sure i could stick around for the long hall because i too want to have kids. I am also affraid he will get out and we start a family and he gets locked up again and doing this as a single mother! Not sure i could handle it! This time he should be out in Aug 2013 but if he gets good time then maybe Feb 2013. The judge said he is really tired of seeing his name over all these years!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Forever & A Day

You know, I think many people have a different take on this situation. But in mine, I would stay with Richard no matter what. I love him til death do us part! He is my world. I will stick by him forever.

True love knows no time.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_A View Post
My man's out date is 2034. Despite his sentence, I chose to stay. Will I make it? God only knows.

Had he received more time, I would've walked. Sure, I would be his friend but that's it.

More time you would of walked? 2034 is a long time seeing this is 2012. y husband comes up for parole in 2018 and his PRD is 2026 and that is still to long to give up happiness. Yes God only know I agree because sooner or later we will get tired of being lonely and doing everything by ourself. I don't know if I will be waiting til 2018 or 2026 and I can keep busy all I want because at then end of the day this gets old and costly after a while.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:49 AM

Thanked 2,967 Times in 1,798 Posts

I don't have an answer for that. I love my husband more then any other human being besides our daughter in this entire world. But prison life isn't for me. I would never seek out a relationship with a man in prison EVER. I can't say if I would wait or not because it's not my current situation. Yes I'm waiting now but it wasn't that long. From day one it literally broke my heart. I thought I was going to die I felt like it anyway. It's gotten a bit better but I can still feel my heart breaking every time I wake up. The only time I feel normal is when his arms are around me sitting next to him at a visit. But when I'm not with him I'm in constant panic worry anxiety nervous mode. It's tearing me up. But he keeps me strong. The love he has for me and they way he treats me keeps me strong. Because I know when he comes home I'll have this perfect marriage back. If it were longer I'm not sure I hope I never have to make that decision.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:30 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

I married mine knowing he has an indeterminate sentence. He is my soulmate and I've known it since we were kids. When he was sentenced his parents told me that he was dead instead of telling me the truth. Sometime later I started to not believe them. But I couldn't find him anywhere online and so I didn't know how to find him. But he never left my heart even though I was forced to grudgingly admit maybe his parents were right and I married someone else.

Six months after my marriage I found out what happened to him, and I knew I had to reconnect. I had married my (now late) husband knowing that he essentially had a terminal illness, and I decided that I would find M and I would keep in touch and hopefully he'd be in love with me too by the time my first husband passed away. We were actually both in love with each other just two years after he first wrote me back and had decided to be in a long distance relationship a year later (my late husband was ok with this because he KNEW he was going to die.) So basically by the time I became a widow I already knew I'd be marrying M.

I know he might never get out. I'd be sad if that's the way it was, but I decided I'd be his wife in whatever capacity I can, I'd take his name, than not be his wife at all. And so we did, 14 months after my first husband passed away.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:37 PM

Every situation is different. In my case, my husband and I have been waiting 20 years to be together.. another year is nothing... We've waited a lifetime for this. Since 9th grade. So, no amount of time will break us.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:55 AM
Coopers disciple

I don't want anyone else. He's a lifer, but can apply for parole, so I hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:20 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,336 Times in 1,806 Posts

I didn't plan on falling in love but things did change when his two consecutive life sentences might become minimum custody soon, weekends home and hopefully release in a few years. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting so bright. So we have let loose and after 2.5 years friendship we're trying to give a relationship a serious try. Wasn't planned or expected.
onedayatatime13 (08-24-2017)
Old 08-26-2017, 07:33 AM

He had just about 4 years left when I met him. I knew that I could do that. 15 years? 20? Life? I like to think that I would have signed up for that. I love him so much, and cannot imagine my own life without him in it. He says he isn't convinced I could have done a long term sentence with him. I am incredibly emotionally needy, so maybe he is right. I am just thankful we didn't have to put it to the rest and find out.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:43 AM
Always standing with him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericswife1988 View Post
Being that Im only 23 and i wanna have kids, even though weve been together for a while b4 this, if he had more time than what he has now, i think I would jus be his friend and move on with my life.

Dd you all feel the same or different?
When I first answered this question back in 2008 - I said I would wait no matter what. Now that JT has been out for four years and has violated is parole earlier this month...we are looking at maybe 8 years...I am on the fence. I love this man more than I can express...but 8 more years after holding him down for 7 years prior? It's such a tough call....

"Even when your hustling days are gone
She'll be by your side still holding on..."
~Lyfe Jennings

Old 08-27-2017, 08:31 PM

for me i could only do this for a short sentance.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:36 PM
Strength Keeps Me Going

He has 1-2 years left on his long bid and if he doesn't come home next year. I'm not going to stop riding for him because he didn't get to come home. I'm going to wait it out with him. I know he'll come home eventually. I told him this and he knows that I'll never leave his side at all.