Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Michigan prison Visitation, Phones & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's sub-forum category.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:53 AM

Default What are the rules regarding sending books

I send spiritual books. In recent years, the books are not given to the inmates. Can somebody update me about rules for sending books to inmates in Michigan. I send through Amazon usually. I send paperback books. What's the story?

Heartsong
Old 05-16-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsong View Post
I send spiritual books. In recent years, the books are not given to the inmates. Can somebody update me about rules for sending books to inmates in Michigan. I send through Amazon usually. I send paperback books. What's the story?

Heartsong
Make sure the books are sold and shipped by amazon. No 3rd parties I also add gift card. Mail room has been rejecting it seems without them. I always keep my e-mail copy so if I need to send a copy to prisoner for proof I do that.
You can also send other books, as long as they are directly from publisher.