Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 09-23-2018, 06:57 PM

Yes they can. TDCJ side of things it has the be a post paid cell account like Walmart family mobile, Verizon, AT@T, etc. no pay as you go/prepaid phones.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2018, 08:48 PM

Smile Got It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_air View Post
Yes they can. TDCJ side of things it has the be a post paid cell account like Walmart family mobile, Verizon, AT@T, etc. no pay as you go/prepaid phones.
I found a long distance chart on the AT&T website and found that a call from 972-287-**** to our Denton County number is long distance. They determine by the area code and prefix. There were some prefixes in the 940 area that are considered local but the number we had was not. A quick call to T-mobile and they had it changed within minutes. Even waived the $15 fee to change numbers. A small blessing Thanks for your help and advice!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bsbspouse For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 06:42 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 21,926 Times in 12,664 Posts

Yes, in bop owned federal prisons calls to cell phones are permitted. The same recipient can even have more than one approved phone number too.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:29 AM

Does anyone know if the visitation process is the same, at Seagoville, as other facilities? I read something on the Seagoville site that mentioned "already being in the BOP system" and wondered if they accept previous facility applications? Sure would be nice since my LO has been transferred there.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M View Post
Does anyone know if the visitation process is the same, at Seagoville, as other facilities? I read something on the Seagoville site that mentioned "already being in the BOP system" and wondered if they accept previous facility applications? Sure would be nice since my LO has been transferred there.

If you are immediate family, I do not believe so. It also may depend on his counselor. I printed a form off online and filled it out and sent it in to seagoville as soon as my LO was transferred just to be proactive. It was a good thing I did- bc his counselor said I had to submit a new one. But I was approved within a week.
Also- inmates get two visits a month and depending on his building #, visits are every other week. There’s also a ‘list’ that people started to get in line for visits in the morning. People start signing up on this list at like midnight at this gas station down the street!!! Just an FYI- bc when I started going, I had no idea about this crazy list!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Star920 For This Useful Post:
John M (11-27-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 12:05 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

bop counselors are able to import visiting lists from previous bop owned prisons. Some do, which means that new applications aren't required, but others don't.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star920 View Post
If you are immediate family, I do not believe so. It also may depend on his counselor. I printed a form off online and filled it out and sent it in to seagoville as soon as my LO was transferred just to be proactive. It was a good thing I did- bc his counselor said I had to submit a new one. But I was approved within a week.
Also- inmates get two visits a month and depending on his building #, visits are every other week. There’s also a ‘list’ that people started to get in line for visits in the morning. People start signing up on this list at like midnight at this gas station down the street!!! Just an FYI- bc when I started going, I had no idea about this crazy list!!
Can you tell me where I might find the form? Am thinking I could print one off and just send it to my friend!
Old 11-27-2018, 05:42 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Here's the bop visitor's application form. Some counselors require that they be mailed directly to them, and not be routed through the inmate.
https://www.bop.gov/policy/forms/BP_A0629.pdf
Old 11-28-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Here's the bop visitor's application form. Some counselors require that they be mailed directly to them, and not be routed through the inmate.
https://www.bop.gov/policy/forms/BP_A0629.pdf
Thank you both for your help!!
fbopnomore (11-28-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Did you ask your LO about sending the form before you did send it? Thanks to you, and fbopnomore, I was able to print off the form and will have it filled out tonight. My friend is calling later and I may ask him if he's ok with me just getting it in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks again to you both!
fbopnomore (11-28-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M View Post
Did you ask your LO about sending the form before you did send it? Thanks to you, and fbopnomore, I was able to print off the form and will have it filled out tonight. My friend is calling later and I may ask him if he's ok with me just getting it in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks again to you both!

The one I printed off worked. They are the same. Just make sure you mail it to the staff mail P.O. Box and address it to his counselor.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:
The one I printed off worked. They are the same. Just make sure you mail it to the staff mail P.O. Box and address it to his counselor.
But the form has a place for the inmate to sign. How can I mail it to his counselor without his signature?
Old 11-28-2018, 06:44 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

The process depends on the prison, and the counselor. If the counselor requires that the form be sent directly to them (not all do) they probably call the inmate in to sign it.

Find out the procedure for that prison first.