Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:03 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,693 Times in 13,059 Posts

I was never as close as SC when I was a guest of the bop. Being allowed to self surrender on a 10 month sentence should land him in the minimum security camp. He will find out for sure when he is processed by R&D (receiving & discharge). All he will be permitted to keep is "legal paperwork" and a pair of eyeglasses, everything else will have to be mailed home or "donated". Some R&D COs may allow some other things in, like a pair of shoes, but definitely don't count on it.

He will be reviewed by medical for things like prescriptions, etc. After he arrives at his housing unit, he will be scheduled for a 2 day A&O orientation session where all the rules will be explained to him. He will also meet with his counselor to set up his phone & visitor's lists, so he will need to know phone numbers and addresses. Anything he needs will have to be purchased at the commissary, sweatclothes, athletic shoes, OTC medications, soap & shampoo, a radio or MP3 player for TV audio (broadcast on FM), whatever. The commissary list is posted on the bop Williamsburg web page.
http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/wil/
along with the A&O handbook, visitor's rules, how to send money, and mail. One commissary shopping day a week, but some prisons allow new arrivals to shop right away by writing "first time shopper" on the top of the order sheet.

Once he is settled in, he can explain the visiting rules, days and times for his actual prison to you.

The rules at the camp are different from those in the FCI Medium. The lower the security level, the fewer problems, everyone there is going home soon. Camps are much like stateside Army barracks life. There are a large number of veterans in federal prison, in fact far too many of them, and his military training should make his prison time be no problem at all. How he acts, inmate etiquette, will determine how he is treated in return. Don't borrow, lend, owe, gamble, or mess with contraband are big issues. So too is keeping his business to himself, and not inquiring about why others are there, at least until he has developed a group of responsible friends.

Once his phone list is approved, and he receives his 9 digit pin # in the mail, he can call only those phone numbers collect, or use the phone to transfer money from his commissary account to his ITS account to purchase prepaid phone minutes ($1.00 on up). Calls that are not local to the prison cost 21 cents/min, collect calls are more expensive. He will get 300 phone minutes/month. They will roll over to the next period on the same day each month, with no carryover of unused minutes or unspent commissary limits. The fifth number in his inmate ID#, xxxxX-xxx, times 3, plus one, so if his number is 5, he will receive new monthly limits on the 16th of each month.

Last edited by fbopnomore; 02-28-2015 at 02:14 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2015, 02:54 PM

Do you know his "Inmate Security Designation" number? This will determine if he is at the camp or the medium security facility. Since he is SS and has only only 10 months I am guessing the camp, which is where my LO is. If so, he will be fine. It is a small camp, no problems, decent food. Visitation is very laid back but be sure to get your forms filled out ASAP so you can be approved for your first visit. If you have his Federal number go ahead and use Western Union and get money on his account so he can call right away and also so he will be able to get necessities from the commissary ASAP.
The Following User Says Thank You to DuchessFord For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-28-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 08:22 PM

My LO just arrived at Williamsburg, 2 weeks ago. I can't say anything at all, so I really am of no help. But I am happy to read there is someone with a loved one there as well...
The Following User Says Thank You to gilligan's girl For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-03-2015)
Old 03-07-2015, 05:37 PM

Thank you all for your help. And yes we have his inmate number - from that number how can we tell where his will be located?
Thank you again very very much!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2015, 05:58 PM

Default Inmate numbers

His inmate number is different from his Inmate Security Designation number. If you do not know his points you can google Program Statement 5100.08 - Federal Bureau of Prisons and try to figure it out, It is based on age, prior record, current charges, etc. His lawyer might be able to help if you can't figure it out.

However, it IS important that you have his inmate number because you have time to put money on his account before he gets there. This will allow him to put money on a phone account and to buy some of the things he will need right away. You should do this right away. Western Union provides almost immediate deposits of money although they charge a fee.

You should remind him that ALL inmates report to the FCI, which is where they do the intake of new inmates. If he will be housed at the camp they will send him over after processing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DuchessFord For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-08-2015), Seattle Ren (03-07-2015)
Old 03-08-2015, 10:13 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

The last 3 digits of his inmate number tell where he was sentenced the first time in bop custody, but have nothing to do with where he will be designated to serve his sentence. Here's an archived PTO post that explains the codes.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=606913
Old 05-19-2015, 02:20 PM

Going to meet my long lost best friend. It's been forever since I seen him. I am completely new at all this. He's at fci williamsburg. Any advise or help would be great
Old 05-19-2015, 05:22 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Welcome to Prison Talk and to the federal forums.
Here's the bop web page for FCI Williamsburg.
http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/wil/

All of the rules for mail, visits, etc. are linked there. Have a great visit.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:25 PM

Default Visitation

Is your loved one at the medium security FCI or at the camp? I can give you info about visiting the camp. Also, if you are staying in a hotel, look in Manning, SC. It's about 25 minutes away but there really aren't decent places any closer.
The Following User Says Thank You to DuchessFord For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-21-2015)
Old 09-15-2015, 03:35 PM

Hi, Does anyone know anything about the shake down at the FCI Williamsburg Camp at the end of August?
Old 09-16-2015, 02:32 PM

Per my son, they caught 30 (yes, 30!) people with cell phones. He says most of the men have been shipped out to Atlanta, and probably dispersed to other locations from there. He has assured me that he will take no such chances--Williamsburg Camp is a relatively easy place and he doesn't want to get transferred somewhere else.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:32 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

It is now a new federal felony crime to have a cell phone in a bop prison. It will be up to the federal prosecutors to decide to file new criminal cases, or not. The bop punishments have already begun.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:54 PM
Owned

Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,960 Posts

For anybody with a loved one in a camp or anybody that might be going to one - please don't take ANY chances and risk getting moved to higher security.

It's harder on the inmate and it's harder on those who visit. Doing without a cell phone is NOT the worst thing anybody has ever dealt with! Please, please - tough it up and follow the BoP rules no matter how inane you find them? But don't risk getting kicked out of a camp!
Old 08-09-2016, 06:52 AM

Default Haven't heard

Has anyone heard from loved ones at Williamsburg? Haven't heard in a few days, very unusual...
Old 07-26-2018, 06:46 AM

Anyone here have a LO in Williamsburg Medium?
The Following User Says Thank You to Tryingtosmile For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-26-2018)
Old 07-31-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryingtosmile View Post
Anyone here have a LO in Williamsburg Medium?
My fianc was just redesignated to FCI WILLIAMSBURG he left last night from Coleman but I doubt hes going straight to Williamsburg , but Im needing info on the prison, hows visitation , do they lockdown often, are the C.Os pretty laid back do I have to worry about gang riots ? Coleman Pen was definitely not the best Im just hoping since hes dropped to medium points thats Williamsburg is a lot better ! I hate this transfer already Being that my drive to Coleman was only 3 hours now I have to travel 6 and a half hours ! Just hope this facility is much better then Coleman
The Following User Says Thank You to Nayashiaj For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-31-2018)