Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > PRISON PEN PALS > Prison Inmate Pen-Pal Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Inmate Pen-Pal Talk General talk about prison pen-pals. Please do not place ads in this forum!

Old 02-26-2018, 07:23 PM

Question Finding pen pals on the Autism Spectrum

Hi guys I been reading about how we probably shouldn't write to Nikolas for a while. I saw one suggestion to write to other inmates on the spectrum to get a better feel for continuing a conversation with people on the spectrum. I was just wondering how I could go about finding such a pen pal? All the websites I have seen are more like inmates wanting a girl to talk to or based on their ethnicity or age. I am really intrigued by the idea to find someone on the spectrum.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2018, 10:17 PM

Thanked 2,765 Times in 958 Posts

I really don’t think there is a search option for people on the autism spectrum looking for pen pals. That’s like wanting to write someone with schizophrenia or ADHD. Am I missing something here? What is your intrigue with people who have autism? I find that odd you would seek out this specific disorder to write to. Are you specifically trained to deal with autism?

Oh, ok. I see it was suggested in one post in the other thread. Maybe that poster could elaborate on how one might find a pen pal on the spectrum other than reading through the profiles and see if they divulge that information.

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own”

Last edited by AndyS; 02-26-2018 at 10:21 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndyS For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (02-27-2018), MizzyMuffling (02-27-2018), xolady (02-27-2018)
Old 02-27-2018, 05:00 AM

Thanked 1,019 Times in 571 Posts

Why?? Is there a specific reason you want to write to someone with autism? There are literally hundreds of inmates wanting penpals
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to judiwoo For This Useful Post:
AndyS (02-27-2018), Fridyrr.Likn (02-27-2018), xolady (02-27-2018)
Old 02-27-2018, 11:15 AM

If you are interested and willing to write to someone with "special needs" then I would say that you are in the right place! None of the websites that specialize in inmate penpal ads are likely to have a means to search on a special need.

My suggestion would be to watch the forums "Elsa's Inmate Card Projects " and "Parents with Children in Prison". I often see pleas from a mother in these forums who is looking to get their (adult) child a friend to talk to. Perhaps if you posted a message in these forums stating that you were interested they would see it and respond to you.

R. Mc.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rmc50 For This Useful Post:
AndyS (02-27-2018), Fridyrr.Likn (02-27-2018), maytayah (02-27-2018)
Old 02-27-2018, 03:54 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,853 Times in 4,510 Posts

I think that is some very good advice from rmc50 if you want to reach out to someone on the autism spectrum then ask on the parents forum if anyone would like a penpal for their family member /friend. The recipient may also be more open to you if you have recieved their information from a trusted source.
You may also get some tips from the family member on your new penpals interests and style of communicating.
Good luck in finding a new penpal.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (02-27-2018)
Old 06-27-2018, 05:42 PM

Default Autistic inmates

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygee12333 View Post
Hi guys I been reading about how we probably shouldn't write to Nikolas for a while. I saw one suggestion to write to other inmates on the spectrum to get a better feel for continuing a conversation with people on the spectrum. I was just wondering how I could go about finding such a pen pal? All the websites I have seen are more like inmates wanting a girl to talk to or based on their ethnicity or age. I am really intrigued by the idea to find someone on the spectrum.

I have a 19 year old son who is high functioning autistic who is currently in jail and looking for pen pals. He is there while waiting to do a plea bargain. He hasn't actually been convicted of anything yet. A former teacher filed stalking charges against him without ever talking to me about the issues she was having and no one at the school ever notified us either. My son has never been violent and he was a good student. He just developed a crush on this young teacher and because of his undiagnosed autism at that time, he sent her letters she found frightening. The teacher had a history of an ex-boyfriend who did physically stalk her and she never did anything about him but because of that experience she reacted the way she did with my son. She also suffered from PTSD. My son was placed on an ankle monitor for six months until he had a meltdown in March due to being depressed during all this time because of course, he never meant to scare this teacher. He was reported to the police for texting people about getting a gun which he intended to use on himself due to his depression. Because of this, the judge and prosecution determined he broke bond conditions and put him back in jail without bond. So now we are just waiting to see what our attorney can arrange with the plea bargain.