Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:19 PM

I had an e-mail from my son around 1:00 today (Saturday, Dec.7). Maybe he is just too cold to get out.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2013, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian H View Post
I had an e-mail from my son around 1:00 today (Saturday, Dec.7). Maybe he is just too cold to get out.
Thank you it has now been 6 days since I have heard from him which is unusual for him and I still can't reach anyone at the prison been trying for last 4 days and it just rings and no one answers
Old 03-18-2014, 08:51 PM

Default New here...

Hello, I hopefully I am putting this post in the right place. I am still new here and just learning to navigate the site. Would anyone be able to give me some current insight into the type of facility FCI Bastrop would be. my husband is set to surrender this coming Monday. any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 11-12-2014, 07:49 AM

Thanked 2,244 Times in 898 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsWife360 View Post
Hello, I hopefully I am putting this post in the right place. I am still new here and just learning to navigate the site. Would anyone be able to give me some current insight into the type of facility FCI Bastrop would be. my husband is set to surrender this coming Monday. any help would be greatly appreciated
Hi BearsWife,
I don't have any answers for you. I came to this thread for much the same reason you did--a friend's husband is going to Bastrop and I wanted to answer some questions for her.

I hope your husband has settled in and has found a way to be safe there. If you have time, perhaps you could post something about Bastrop from your own experience so that the next person looking might find more current information. You know the questions a new person might ask because you were new not too long ago (and probably still feel new).

I am glad your husband was able to self-surrender and I hope Bastrop is close enough for you to visit regularly.

One question I have... does Bastrop have a large number of sex offenders?
Old 06-20-2015, 10:31 PM

Hello, my son is in Oklahoma awaiting transfer to Bastrop. Can anyone tell me about this prison ? Not the camp, but the low section. Is it a pretty safe environment ? What kinds of jobs do Unicor offer ? With regards to the visits. Do you have to arrive and wait for 3 hours outside for 8am visit ? He was at Big Spring and there we had to line up in our cars outside the prison at around 5 am, if we wanted to get in for the 8 am visit. It was crazy, didn't know if it's the same at Bastrop. Any information will be helpful. Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to ltillman62 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-21-2015)
Old 01-07-2016, 03:44 AM

Unhappy SELF SURRENDERING this month.

Hello my bf/future husband (we have a child) is self surrendering this month in bastrop and just wanted to know if anyone or your loved ones can that use to can give some inside how things are, please. As for me. What can I do to know when I'm seeing him or what should I expect. Please...☹️☹️☹️
Old 01-07-2016, 09:11 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 21,883 Times in 12,635 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Communicating with him may be difficult until he has completed his prison orientation. Here are a few things to expect at the beginning:

He should be scheduled for a one or two day A&O, admissions and orientation program soon after self surrender. He will learn about the policies, visitation, phones, Email, commissary, etc., there.

The first-time approvals for a new inmate can take awhile, but usually not more than a week. He will provide a list of every phone number he will be allowed to call, and a visitor's list to his counselor.

The phone list requires approval, input into the ITS (inmate telephone system) computer and one more hurdle, receiving his 9 digit phone pin # in the mail. Once all of that happens, he can call collect, or use the phone and her pin# to transfer funds ($1.00 on up) from his commissary account to purchase prepaid phone minutes. Calls now cost 6 cents/min for local numbers, and 21 cents/min for all others. The FCC has ruled that 21 cents will be reduced to a maximum of 11 cents/min in March. "Call forwarding", including google voice, is not allowed by the bop, and can cause the loss of all phone privileges

Proposed visitors who are listed as "immediate family" on his presentence investigation report are usually approved immediately, others may need to file a visitor's application first, which delays when they will be allowed to visit. He will have to check the status of his visitor's list with his counselor, and pass the information along.

Corrlinks email (5 cents/min whenever he is logged into the terminal to read or write messages) first requires him to send an invitation email, which must be replied to, so be sure to check things like spam and trash folders too.

His monthly phone and commissary limits, 300 phone minutes (an extra 100 in Nov. & Dec) and around $320.00 for commissary (stamps and over the counter meds do not count against his spending limit) will roll over to the next period on the same day each month. The fifth digit in his inmate ID# xxxxX-xxx, times 3, plus one, so if his number is 4, monthly limits will refresh on the 13th of each month, with no carryover of unused amounts.

Be sure to ask any other questions you have.
06fsrk (12-05-2016), kayleenr95 (01-07-2016), Lovebirds (11-02-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Welcome to Prison Talk. Communicating with him may be difficult until he has completed his prison orientation. Here are a few things to expect at the beginning:

He should be scheduled for a one or two day A&O, admissions and orientation program soon after self surrender. He will learn about the policies, visitation, phones, Email, commissary, etc., there.

The first-time approvals for a new inmate can take awhile, but usually not more than a week. He will provide a list of every phone number he will be allowed to call, and a visitor's list to his counselor.

The phone list requires approval, input into the ITS (inmate telephone system) computer and one more hurdle, receiving his 9 digit phone pin # in the mail. Once all of that happens, he can call collect, or use the phone and her pin# to transfer funds ($1.00 on up) from his commissary account to purchase prepaid phone minutes. Calls now cost 6 cents/min for local numbers, and 21 cents/min for all others. The FCC has ruled that 21 cents will be reduced to a maximum of 11 cents/min in March. "Call forwarding", including google voice, is not allowed by the bop, and can cause the loss of all phone privileges

Proposed visitors who are listed as "immediate family" on his presentence investigation report are usually approved immediately, others may need to file a visitor's application first, which delays when they will be allowed to visit. He will have to check the status of his visitor's list with his counselor, and pass the information along.

Corrlinks email (5 cents/min whenever he is logged into the terminal to read or write messages) first requires him to send an invitation email, which must be replied to, so be sure to check things like spam and trash folders too.

His monthly phone and commissary limits, 300 phone minutes (an extra 100 in Nov. & Dec) and around $320.00 for commissary (stamps and over the counter meds do not count against his spending limit) will roll over to the next period on the same day each month. The fifth digit in his inmate ID# xxxxX-xxx, times 3, plus one, so if his number is 4, monthly limits will refresh on the 13th of each month, with no carryover of unused amounts.

Be sure to ask any other questions you have.
Thank you so much this help him and me a lot. atleast I can be understanding and be somewhat prepared. do you know how it is in there? we know he is going to be in the camp apparently theres no more that 200 in the camp from what I read but not sure.I read other peoples thread but most of those threads are years old and im sure things have change since then any idea how things are in there? is it terrible ? sorry for all the questions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kayleenr95 For This Useful Post:
06fsrk (12-05-2016), fbopnomore (01-07-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 06:41 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Change doesn't happen often in the bop, the same 200 beds with a rotating roster of inmates, so I expect that he will find things there pretty much the same.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Change doesn't happen often in the bop, the same 200 beds with a rotating roster of inmates, so I expect that he will find things there pretty much the same.
do you know how much freedom they have there? are they force to sleep when everyone sleeps?
Old 01-07-2016, 08:09 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

He can sleep whenever he wants to, except for his job and some inmate counts. Prisons are always noisy, so sleeping is not always easy.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:41 PM

Quote:
He can sleep whenever he wants to, except for his job and some inmate counts. Prisons are always noisy, so sleeping is not always easy.
really appreciate you response!
The Following User Says Thank You to kayleenr95 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-08-2016)
Old 10-21-2016, 01:52 PM

Default Bastrop Family Day

Is anyone on here going to the family day tomorrow? (Sat 10/22)

Its going to be the first time seeing my hubs in 2 years! He was in Herlong CA this whole time so happy to have him home-ish in Texas.

I saw on the visitor info section of BOP site that there are no lockers here and you aren't allowed to bring in car keys- so how do I lock my car?
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexijosh For This Useful Post:
Lovebirds (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 04:55 PM

Default bastrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijahs Mommy View Post
Does any1 have any info about Bastrop in Tx? Ive read a few things about the programs they offer n etc but im lookin for info about more personal experiences please anythin will help ty
Hi my husband is at Bastrop - Camp - there are zero programs there.
But, he has met some very nice people/made good friends and feels safe. But, boredom is the biggest issue at the camp.
The Following User Says Thank You to helena04 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-03-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltillman62 View Post
Do you have to arrive and wait for 3 hours outside for 8am visit ?
As soon as I saw this, I knew you were talking about crazy Big Spring. Bastrop will be 50 times better than that dump. For one thing, they have cells at Bastrop. And from what I hear, the guards are pretty relaxed. I mean Bastrop's part of Austin so it's to be expected. 😊

That's all I know so far but hoping someone else come along with more information because my husband might be getting a transfer there.
04/05/2016 I immigrated to the US
10/27/2016 My husband received Presidential clemency

Old 12-05-2016, 06:30 PM

This, "$320.00 for commissary" does that come from family or comes from his job at camp?
Old 05-12-2017, 06:18 PM

Default FCI Bastrop

I'm new here but was wondering if anyone knew of Bastrop has Air conditioning ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Nita1205 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-13-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 12:26 PM

They do have air conditioning.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:27 PM

Default FCI Bastrop/Visits being suspended

So for the second time in 3 months, visitation at Bastrop FCI has been pulled. Does anyone know anything about this??
Old 11-24-2017, 03:27 PM

Default RDAP at camp

I was wondering if anyone knows about the RDAP at Bastrop... my question is... if someone is at the Bastrop camp, can they still take advantage of RDAP at FCI Bastrop? I read on their manual that RDAP is only availbale at the low but if I recall correctly, I had read on a post a while back that the camp prisoners are taken to the low for RDAP.... can anyone shed some light on this... Thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Stargazer10 For This Useful Post:
chub2024 (02-04-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 06:55 PM

Hello, I was looking for any updated information about Bastrop. My bf will be putting a transfer in soon to a low. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Star920 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-05-2018)