Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 12-19-2017, 05:36 PM

Question Can work release get on lockdown just like a regular cell block?

I'm curious. My husband is in Bradford County PA, and will be until January 2019. I'm currently living in Washington State, with our 2 year old son. So I'm 3 hours behind his time. He's in work release there, and I haven't gotten a call from him in 36 hours. Which is unusual since we have a set schedule on calling in the morning for a few minutes then our 20 minute phone call at night before he goes to bed. He knows I panic when he doesn't call. Can work release get on lockdown just like a regular cell block? I don't know anything about prison systems so excuse me if I sound stupid. I'm just going crazy over here not talking to him or not knowing what's going on. I have money on my phone account. So that's not why.
Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2017, 09:59 PM
Off-Paper Since 2009
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,104 Times in 1,200 Posts

Have you checked the Washington state inmate locator to make sure he didn't get moved?

http://www.doc.wa.gov/information/inmate-search/

If something happened at the work release center, such as him getting into trouble for something, he could have been shipped back to a higher-security facility or placed in segregation, which could limit his means of communication.

He should be able to contact you by letter mail soon enough if he continues to not have access to phones.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nickel Timer For This Useful Post:
a.lynn (12-19-2017)
Old 12-19-2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel Timer View Post
Have you checked the Washington state inmate locator to make sure he didn't get moved.

If something happened at the work release center, such as him getting into trouble for something, he could have been shipped back to a higher-security facility or placed in segregation, which could limit his means of communication.

He should be able to contact you by letter mail soon enough if he continues to not have access to phones.
Sadly, he's in Pennsylvania and I'm in Washington State. I tried checking, but it says he's still In Custody. So I don't think he got moved. He's serving his time at the prison he should be at.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:58 PM

Do you use a call forwarding service for your calls? Maybe the number got restricted?
The Following User Says Thank You to dutchs For This Useful Post:
a.lynn (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchs View Post
Do you use a call forwarding service for your calls? Maybe the number got restricted?
I don't think so. I use my cell phone and I have for the last 2 months. Haven't had an issue. I called the county prison to see if something happened to him or if the phones stopped working but he's fine and the phones work. He's just choosing not to call me for some reason I guess.