Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Louisiana that do not fit into any other Louisiana sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:44 PM

Default Parole revocation

So i just called DOC hotline. My husbands earliest projected release date is Sept 11, 2018. So im posting just for reference on our experience because in La seems like no one really knows how things work. My husband was released from work release march 5, 2015 on an 8 year sentence for possession with intent marijuana, theft and simple burglary..he was a second offender then. He served 2 yrs and 9 months after good time credits were applied. Orginal release date was Dec of 2015. He had 5 years of parole. He was on parole for 2 years and 2 months when he was arrested on new drug charges. He was arrested may 5, 2017 and revoked parole on may 11,2017. They sent him his paperwork dated june 11, 2017 that he would be given credit for street time and time served. So here we are today DOC calculated time. I know alot of people have questions about how long it takes..if u go from date he was arrested thats about 18 19 weeks. Or by his paperwork about 12-13 weeks. If his release date is sept 11,2018 then that's about half of what he had left on parole, which some people told me he would have to do half of what he had left. 34 months is what he had left on parole and with release date thats 16 months. Not sure about good time classes he signed up for them, will update when i know about that and hes yet to be sentence or found guilty for that matter on new charges. But im hoping they will run it concurrently.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarancam416 For This Useful Post:
laffy (09-16-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarancam416 View Post
So i just called DOC hotline. My husbands earliest projected release date is Sept 11, 2018. So im posting just for reference on our experience because in La seems like no one really knows how things work. My husband was released from work release march 5, 2015 on an 8 year sentence for possession with intent marijuana, theft and simple burglary..he was a second offender then. He served 2 yrs and 9 months after good time credits were applied. Orginal release date was Dec of 2015. He had 5 years of parole. He was on parole for 2 years and 2 months when he was arrested on new drug charges. He was arrested may 5, 2017 and revoked parole on may 11,2017. They sent him his paperwork dated june 11, 2017 that he would be given credit for street time and time served. So here we are today DOC calculated time. I know alot of people have questions about how long it takes..if u go from date he was arrested thats about 18 19 weeks. Or by his paperwork about 12-13 weeks. If his release date is sept 11,2018 then that's about half of what he had left on parole, which some people told me he would have to do half of what he had left. 34 months is what he had left on parole and with release date thats 16 months. Not sure about good time classes he signed up for them, will update when i know about that and hes yet to be sentence or found guilty for that matter on new charges. But im hoping they will run it concurrently.
Just an update, with all the new laws going into effect..my husband was pulled out the dorm for a doc 50 hr re entry class, the lady told him the class would be finished oct. 28th and he would be available for immediate release nov. 1st. Dont know how true that is or what because he still has open pending charges and court date for that nov. 6...so im not getting my hopes up, but i did call doc hotline again and they knocked 2 months off his time..new release date is july 10, 2018. So they are re calculating because of the new laws!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarancam416 For This Useful Post:
laffy (10-23-2017)