Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Louisiana that do not fit into any other Louisiana sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
Well why can't you call whoever is in charge of the jail? I would I can't see where trying to be productive can be a problem. I know in county in Florida where I'm from you had to apply like a regular job, not that my husband ever wanted a job!!! LOL But I'd just call up and talk to a staff in charge find out what you can.
I admit that was going to be my last resort. I do not want to interfere to much on his behalf. But i guess i could ask without ever giving his name.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2017, 07:59 AM

Thanked 5,991 Times in 3,116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarancam416 View Post
I admit that was going to be my last resort. I do not want to interfere to much on his behalf. But i guess i could ask without ever giving his name.
That's what I would do! Believe me I have had to call on many things usually not positive things and really if I hadn't I never would have gotten a lot of stuff done for my husband. Sometimes the staff just don't care or they don't know its always best to reach someone in authority to get answers and results.
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
Sarancam416 (09-24-2017)
Old 09-24-2017, 12:57 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,988 Times in 7,361 Posts

I know other posters here are trying to be helpful in stating what they would do on their behalf of their loved ones. They just don't know Iberia Parish jail and the way the system is run in Louisiana. It's a little podunk place and run like shit. She can call the sheriff who runs the place if she is so inclined, but I know how that place is run, and it's all bullshit. She'll be lucky if the people who answer the phone ever let her talk to the sheriff. If she can talk to the sheriff, that's another crap shoot. These are NOT helpful people, and they don't give a damn.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LifeTraveler For This Useful Post:
miamac (09-24-2017), nimuay (09-25-2017), Sarancam416 (09-24-2017)
Old 09-24-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeTraveler View Post
I know other posters here are trying to be helpful in stating what they would do on their behalf of their loved ones. They just don't know Iberia Parish jail and the way the system is run in Louisiana. It's a little podunk place and run like shit. She can call the sheriff who runs the place if she is so inclined, but I know how that place is run, and it's all bullshit. She'll be lucky if the people who answer the phone ever let her talk to the sheriff. If she can talk to the sheriff, that's another crap shoot. These are NOT helpful people, and they don't give a damn.
I know, i would never even try to get the sheriff on the phone that wouldnt even be worth the time, lol. My husband has been to about 20 different facilities in La so this is not his first rodeo and he said this is the worst ran facility hes ever been in.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarancam416 For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (09-24-2017)