Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Louisiana that do not fit into any other Louisiana sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-13-2016, 12:33 AM

Unhappy Someone please help/Fiance not receiving medical care

My fiance has been incarcerated in Madison County correctional facility for 5 years now and
For the pass month he has been complaining about an earache
He filed out the sick cards twice they didn't respond to the first but they did charge him for filling it out and took $7 out of his account for it...( yes they charge for filling out doctors request forms) he began to complain of a greenish discharge coming from the left ear
It turned into the same discharge along with blood
I called the infirmary and spoke with the head Nurse, Nurse Williams had the nerve to inform me that I am not married to my fiance yet and have no right to call... He and I had a brief overview to remind him that my fiance has family that loves him and he is still human
After the call they gave him antibiotics but never check his ear or allowed him to see the doctor
now he's complaining that the pain is unbearable
I'm so hurt because he's crying on the phone with me and he said he is starting to lose hearing in his ear
But I feel like I did more damage then good, because they refuse to help him because that nurse and I passed words
PLEASE HELP
I'm clueless and scared ��������

Last edited by NewbieWindmon; 10-13-2016 at 12:45 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2016, 11:20 AM

No you didn't do more damage than good. You called, they have him some sort of treatment. If he needs more but isn't getting it, call again. If he still doesn't get treatment contact whoever it is in your state that oversees the prison medical card.
The units hate having people call because suddenly they feel they are accountable for what they do or don't do.
I have been having to do this for the past few years for my husband in TX, I am now on first name terms with the medical administrator for the units in Tennessee Colony.
It shouldn't be like this but it is so keep on calling letting them know someone out here cares about him.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:11 PM

Thanked 1,816 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieWindmon View Post
My fiance has been incarcerated in Madison County correctional facility for 5 years now and
For the pass month he has been complaining about an earache
He filed out the sick cards twice they didn't respond to the first but they did charge him for filling it out and took $7 out of his account for it...( yes they charge for filling out doctors request forms) he began to complain of a greenish discharge coming from the left ear
It turned into the same discharge along with blood
I called the infirmary and spoke with the head Nurse, Nurse Williams had the nerve to inform me that I am not married to my fiance yet and have no right to call... He and I had a brief overview to remind him that my fiance has family that loves him and he is still human
After the call they gave him antibiotics but never check his ear or allowed him to see the doctor
now he's complaining that the pain is unbearable
I'm so hurt because he's crying on the phone with me and he said he is starting to lose hearing in his ear
But I feel like I did more damage then good, because they refuse to help him because that nurse and I passed words
PLEASE HELP
I'm clueless and scared ��������
Is he in the Madison Parish facility managed by Lasalle? If so, here is some info from the Lasalle website concerning their policies including healthcare-
LaSalle Corrections provides minimum to medium security correctional services for local, state and federal law enforcement agencies. Managing a detention center requires a dynamic mix of special skills and experience. Our operations integrate qualified personnel and the critical resources necessary to provide the services our partners and the public expect. From facilities management, office administration, food service, commissary, laundry, transportation and logistical support, to inmate security and healthcare, we ensure professional and proper stewardship of our responsibilities.

Healthcare

Professional, quality, and cost-effective medical care can be a challenge in the corrections industry environment. LaSalle Corrections' managed facilities and healthcare personnel provide the critical resources to treat the diversity of medical needs of inmates in a secure setting. We employ and contract with experienced physicians, nurses, and other medical professionals to provide care tailored for inmates. Our staff understands the importance of maintaining proper documentation of medical records that is critical for effective treatments. Constant and clear communication with inmates and amongst the staff are essential for an efficient healthcare delivery system. Managing costs and monitoring effective medical care can be daunting, but LaSalle can help you successfully provide inmate healthcare.

I would contact Lasalle directly & let them know the situation. Tell them that you have a call in to the local paper & news media about the situation. If they take steps to correct the situation you'll be glad to share that info but if they don't help him then they'll hear about that as well.And if they don't help then I would do just that, contact the media about it.

I would also contact the Louisiana ACLU. Here is a link to info about prisoner's rights including health care-https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/f...e690_25743.pdf

Good luck!