Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > PRISON PEN PALS > Prison Inmate Pen-Pal Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Inmate Pen-Pal Talk General talk about prison pen-pals. Please do not place ads in this forum!

Old 10-23-2015, 09:43 AM
Penpal

Default Toronto Penpal with Awkward Problem

Yeah. So.

It's like this: there are no photos of me since I got tired and gave up. I'm not a beast, but neither do I look like I did ten years ago, and in all the selfies I take (of my left nostril) I appear possessed. I have no gift for these, and feel like a twat taking them.

I'm pretty isolated, which is part of why I'm here. There is literally no-one I can ask to help. Any Toronto girls want to get together and take pictures of me? I'm not talking about naughty stuff. Just basic sitting in a coffee shop ones, so he'll know who he's talking to. I'd be happy to reciprocate, and am actually not bad with a camera when the subject isn't myself.

I feel creepy now. I think I'll go take a bath.

Last edited by Koranov; 10-23-2015 at 10:18 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Koranov For This Useful Post:
WeepingWillow (10-23-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2015, 09:55 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,814 Times in 16,051 Posts

Sending him pictures of someone else, while claiming that they are of you is deceitful and unwarranted. Tell ya what.....go get a pedicure, take pictures of your feet and send him. Tell him you like the mystery of starting slow and working your way up. That'll give you the time you need to work on whatever it is you feel needs to be re-worked, re-done and/or improved to feel better about yourself. Eventually, send him a picture of the real you, the whole you, so he'll "know who he's talking to."

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 10-23-2015, 10:16 AM
Penpal

Erm ...someone else? I think you get me wrong. I am asking for some local lady to take pictures of ME that I can send him, because the only ones I have are ancient, and selfies suck. But thanks for your concern.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Koranov For This Useful Post:
JustBeingMe67 (03-10-2016), patchouli (10-23-2015), saskatchewanian (03-10-2016), TawnyStar (03-11-2016)
Old 10-23-2015, 10:19 AM
Penpal

I have clarified the language which seems to have confused you. Good enough?
Old 10-23-2015, 10:27 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,814 Times in 16,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koranov View Post
Erm ...someone else? I think you get me wrong. I am asking for some local lady to take pictures of ME that I can send him, because the only ones I have are ancient, and selfies suck. But thanks for your concern.
In your original post, which you have since edited, you were asking for "posers." Your word. I stand by my post above.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 10-23-2015, 11:27 AM
Penpal

The posing was meant to be mutual. I don't ask for a favour unless I can pay back in kind. I doubt I'm the only frumpy Mom without recent photos of herself, and who doesn't necessarily want to divulge her obscure hobbies to her building superintendent, postman, teenager, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Koranov For This Useful Post:
patchouli (10-24-2015)
Old 10-23-2015, 01:08 PM
Penpal

As in "posing for photographs," not posing as someone else. I'm sad that wasn't clear.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koranov For This Useful Post:
patchouli (10-24-2015), saskatchewanian (03-10-2016)
Old 10-23-2015, 02:24 PM

Sorry not in the area but the way I have taken pictures is to set up my camera phone on my coffee table...I position it and usually prop it up against some books and set it on a 10 second delay. Then I hit the button and try to look natural until it clicks. I don't like to send in pictures with other people and I feel weird being out and asking for someone to take a picture of just me ...and cutting pictures is just annoying. Anyways for me that is easier then trying to get a selfie. If you have a laptop or a Web cam you can use those too!
Old 10-23-2015, 03:43 PM
It is what it is
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,528 Times in 2,246 Posts

I spent a few hours yesterday and twice today attempting to take some full body/fun/flattering/sexy poses with my camera propped up high enough to fit my big ol' body in the shot, pressing the 10 second timer and then racing to pose before the 10 seconds are up. Boy, was that fun! So much fun that I'm sitting here all dejected and wishing I could unsee what I saw in those photos. Yeah, some help would be great.

Hope you're successful in finding someone.
Old 10-23-2015, 05:11 PM
Blueyes

If you have a "real camera" you can get a tripod for it - and use your timer. I took about two dozen or more photos of myself with my timer (put a back drop on a china cabinet - got props) - downloaded the photos to my lap top - sent them to Walmart to be processed and then went and got them. He LOVED the photos. They were rather "sexy" photos and I was a little shy about doing them, but he LOVED them so much and after I was done, I realized I had enjoyed posing and taking the photos - it took me about 2-3 hours. There might be a "tripod" for your cell phone. You could "google" it...

Last edited by snowblind; 10-23-2015 at 05:16 PM..
Old 10-23-2015, 07:00 PM
Penpal

I saw some "selfie sticks" for sale at the Jazz Festival, but felt that buying one would be narcissistic. That was like a week before I "met" cutiepants. My timing sucks. I also wondered how many upskirt photographers bought one that night, and didn't want to be on some database with them. (Note to self: wear pants to cultural events). I'll try these things you recommend, but it would have been nice to meet you all anyway. To the lady who is dismayed by her appearance: no matter what, you are still foxier than his cell mate.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koranov For This Useful Post:
Nomes (10-23-2015), TawnyStar (03-11-2016)
Old 10-23-2015, 07:47 PM
Aussie Card Fairy!!
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,044 Times in 668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_A View Post
I spent a few hours yesterday and twice today attempting to take some full body/fun/flattering/sexy poses with my camera propped up high enough to fit my big ol' body in the shot, pressing the 10 second timer and then racing to pose before the 10 seconds are up. Boy, was that fun! So much fun that I'm sitting here all dejected and wishing I could unsee what I saw in those photos. Yeah, some help would be great.

Hope you're successful in finding someone.
I'm not sure what type of camera you have, but if you look on Ebay you can get bluetooth/wifi gadgets that allow you to use them as a remote control for cameras and phones....so you can pose, not look rushed, and hit the click button when you're ready over and over without having to run back and forth between camera and where you're taking the pics.....the other option, is do you have a bestie that could take pics for you? I've had mine take some of me at times and I over her!

However, the remote control seems the best option.

Hugs
Nomes
- " - " - I give a "hoot" about inmates
Old 10-23-2015, 10:07 PM
Penpal

Holy crap. You people are geniuses. I'm so glad I posted this here instead of on the wall of a public toilet. I'ma gonna go get me all them gadgets. Watch out world, and get ready for cellulite!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Koranov For This Useful Post:
JustBeingMe67 (03-10-2016), Nomes (11-01-2015), patchouli (10-24-2015)
Old 10-23-2015, 10:32 PM
Penpal

When I get enough PTO cred, I'll post links to websites I found, re: boudoir selfies. Or else y'all can do it, since you're already credible. Especially Miss_A, whom I messaged one.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:20 AM

Too bad I'm in Montreal I'd be down for it lol my man likes to have pictures of me doing just normal things when I'm out but I'm always uncomfortable asking friends to take pictures... like it's fine when we travel it's normal but just a pic of me drinking coffee they would think I'm being pretty self centered haha!

The hand timer is a good idea though, I've heard of it, might get one too! I have a timer on my macbook which is usually what I use but you have to run around like Miss_A said it's not that easy.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:31 AM

Lololol..... I have spent an entire day on trying to get a good picture to send him...lol... So I totally understand! Lol... But I'm actually posting right now because I just gotta say koranov, lol... Your humor cracks me up! Lol... You made my day lol...
Old 10-24-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovingkat View Post
like it's fine when we travel it's normal but just a pic of me drinking coffee they would think I'm being pretty self centered haha!
Ha! I don't care what peeps think of my narcissism... I want to show him as many "normal" things in his last months as I can.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:06 PM
Penpal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovingkat View Post
Too bad I'm in Montreal I'd be down for it.
It wouldn't be the first time I hijacked a bus...
Old 10-24-2015, 07:08 PM
Penpal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnybrazell View Post
Lololol..... I have spent an entire day on trying to get a good picture to send him
If that avatar is you, it shouldn't take very much work.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:18 PM
Account Closed

LOL, I sort of have this problem too.

Quickly used up my small cache of good photos from when I was a bit younger. Now I'm in the situation of having to make some recent ones and everything I make looks awful.