Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Louisiana that do not fit into any other Louisiana sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:06 PM

How do you get to do a picnic? I mean I assume we don't bring hotdogs! Do you get to go outside? I was afraid to even hold my husbands hand in the visitaTION ROOM. Are there many other people in here with people at WINN?

Last edited by Cairee31; 02-21-2007 at 08:11 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2007, 03:35 AM

Currently the West Baton Rouge Parish is rejecting any letters that don't come with the inmates dorm and cell number on them. My bf told me his over the phone. To be able to write his brother, I had to call the jail for the information.
This is the most recent thing I've heard lately. Other than once the Store sells all out of cigs, they will no longer be allowed to smoke. But nothing new has come of that tidbit.
Again will post anything that I find out.
Oh forgot to add, on Friday's, Saturday's and nights BEFORE a holiday, the phones stay on an hour to an hour and a half later than normal. On a normal weekday they are cut off between 10 and 10:30pm, but on the above mentioned times, can stay on as late as 1130pm. LA DOC has ALOT of "holidays"...With Mardi Gras last week, we had like 2 late nights on top of the regular weekend nights..so that was nice. And then just the regular federal holidays apply.

Last edited by MJG'S_B; 02-27-2007 at 03:45 AM..
Old 03-09-2007, 04:59 AM

Default LCIW visitation info needed

my daughter was just transferred to this facility about 1mth ago and im in florida i was wondering if anyone has any info on the visitation schedule and how it works.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:51 PM

Boyfriend has been moved around since the last time I posted- here is what info I have. I did not go visit until he went to LCCC.

St. tammany Parish 985-898-2320
Mail: Box 908 Covington, LA 70434
Money: Box 3135 Covington, LA 70434

Madison Parish 318-574-0584
158 Treatment Plant Road
Tallulah, LA 71282

FWCC 318-925-7100
7990 Caddo Drive
Keithville, LA 71047
Send money to attn: cashier

WCC
PO Box 1260
Winnfield, LA 71483-1260
(You have to have their specific building/bed #)

LCCC (Lafayette Community Correctional Center)
205 6th Street
Lafayette, LA 70501
(also the same address where the visits are, but there a couple places he could be living at, but mail is sent to this address).
337-237-7775
337-235-4203 Fax

Visits at LCCC are on Saturdays and Sundays- twice a day. I think one is from 9-11:30am or 9:30-11:30am, and the other is 2-4:30 pm. He has to request to have a visit on those days by the Thursday before and you have to fill out some forms to be approved for visit. Because I live out of state in Texas, I didn't have to get approved for the first visit and I could stay for all of the sessions that weekend, as long as I had an out of state ID. Dress code is enforced- not sure about what shoes are allowed/ not allowed, but dresses and tank tops are not allowed. He is able to go to Wal-Mart once a month, so he bought some playing cards. I'm not sure if you can bring anything with you, but you can bring food, enough for that visit only, so you can eat together. We ordered pizza and whatever was left over we had to toss. If you leave during the visit for whatever reason, the visit is over for that session.

I think that's it. Send me a message if you want more info- I have some other things on the other places, but didn't type it all out since I'm hoping he will either stay a LCCC.

There were people who were turned away at the house from visiting their loved one- I have been completely paranoid about that since I'm driving four hours, so I have been calling the day before to double check and it's been ok.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:53 PM

Just an update on LCCC- even though we live out of state and were originally told we could visit for both morning and afternoon sessions Saturday and Sunday, because we have been coming on a regular basis, we are now only allowed to visit for one day the weekend that we visit, visiting both sessions that day. So we see him in the morning and the afternoon. Kind of bummed out at first because everyone else there gets four visits a month and we only get two because I can't drive there often. Called around and I guess it varies by facility.
Another note to keep in mind, I always keep an extra copy of the visitation forms with me because we're traveling so far. We (our two kids and I) were approved for visits in July, went to visit in October they said they needed visitation forms again but because we had traveled out of state we were allowed a visit. I came back and sent off the copies of our visitation forms again and was told they were received, but had issues with my visitation form again in November. Now I just keep a copy with me in case they need one when we show up.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:08 PM

Does anyone have experience with AV Correctional in Cottonport??

Last edited by robbysmom; 03-05-2009 at 11:09 PM..
Old 03-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Miracle11

Richwood Correctional Center
180 Pine Bayou Circle
Monroe, LA 71202
(318) 325-8409

This is a parish jail, but they are using it to house DOC inmates due to space issues. There are also trustees, work release, and Blue Walters attendees housed here. Visitations are on Saturday and Sunday from 8-4. Visitation is supposed to be 3 hours, BUT if it gets too crowded, they will start calling names and if you are high on the list (got there early/first) you will be first to leave no matter how long you have been there. Rumor is that picnic visits will start soon, but not yet. You can order plate (hot) foods during visits, as well as, order and pay for night sales to be sent to the dorms. There are about 800 total inmates at this facility, and they are all housed in dorms of 100 each. The deputies are not all that nice/cordial, but I guess it comes with the territory. Each dorm has specific weekends to visit, but trustees and work release can have visits every weekend.

I have not sent anything in the mail other than pictures, and they can receive 20 pictures at a time. Shoes, CD's, clothing, or anything else 'special' can be mailed in (from the store purchased from), BUT Warden permission needs to be received first.

That's all I can think of off the top of my mind, hope it helps.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:53 AM

Any information on concordia rehab prison?