Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Hazelton Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hazelton Federal Prisons Topics and discussion specific to the federal prisons - Hazelton in Bruceton Mills, West Virginia.

Old 05-05-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Info Needed on SFF Hazelton:

Hello PTO Members,
My name is Myles. I'm not new to PTO, but I am to this forum. I have just found out today that my g/f has been designated to SFF Hazelton. I can't being to tell you how shocked my g/f, her family, and I was to find out that she was going to PA.
Could I ask any of you that may have information on the SFF Hazelton facility to please share with me what you know. I would really appreciate it. So would my g/f. She sent me a letter today asking for me to find out what I could about the facility. So Please share what you know.
My g/f was sentenced to 240 months first offense for meth crimes. No priors. The U.S.A wanted to make an example of her and did just that.
We are from Missouri so visitations will not be easy, and it seems that information on the facility is not so easy to come by. I've searched the BOP web site and have yet to find any information other that it is a facility that takes female inmates.
I guess I'll become a regular visitor of this forum, so I'm both glad, and sad to be here. I welcome any advice, suggestion, as well as words of encouragement.

Thank you all in advanced,

Myles

Last edited by Myles; 05-05-2007 at 07:32 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2007, 11:55 AM

My Fault Folks. I was un-aware that Hazelton was in West Virginia. Please disregard this post.

Thank you
Old 10-05-2007, 12:42 AM

Myles, how is your experience with Haz going? My wife has been there for about five months now, and finds it to be the pits. but they now have email, and if you visit her, the visiting room is very low-key compared to most facilities. Hang in there, bud. It is hard on us all.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Info on SFF Hazelton:

Thanks robertegarrett for your information. I agree that Haz it the pits. My g/f tells me that there is nothing to do there. She is unable to get into any classes because of the long sentence that she has. She tells me it's because they let the inmates that have the shorter sentences take them to show their serious about making their lives better. She has signed up for every thing she can, but still nothing has come through for her.
She has her high school diploma, but still there are no college classes available for her to take. So she just sits and spends her time doing little or nothing. She does have a job cutting grass. She hates that but it does give her a couple of extra dollars to spend. It almost makes me feel as though this country is as bad as the Chinese when it comes to slave labor.

Thanks,

Myles
Old 10-11-2007, 01:32 AM
A Mother's Broken Heart!

Hi I have a daughter there and she has been there since this past Jan. She is right they have nothing to offer them there. My daughter wants to further her education, but there is really nothing unless you do not have your GED. She acquired that after she got there and wants to further her education more. It is hard on us family members. Some days are easier than others and then others are hard days to get through. I have 2 daughters in the system, so sometimes I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster when I'm having a bad day.

carmel_mom_1963
Old 02-07-2008, 02:35 AM

While Hazelton does not directly offer courses, there are several well established colleges that offer correspondence courses tailored to the needs of inmates. Check this out on the net.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:29 PM
paradise_angel

Thought I was going to Alderson, and they sent my Surrender letter to report to Hazelton-female....any new advice and what am I looking forward to? My sentnece is 15 months...thanks