Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MEDICAL & HEALTH > Mental Health
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mental Health Pleae use this forum for all mental health related issues dealing with the prison system.

Old 05-21-2019, 05:12 PM

Question Concerned, son not given meds for paranoia, anxiety, depression in 3 weeks

My son has been in the transfer unit at USP Atlanta, for almost 3 weeks he is in 23 hrs lockdown there, not sure why? No disciplinary, no trouble. He informed me that since he's been there he JAS NOT BEEN GIVEN HIS MEDS for paranoia, anxiety and depression. He did however say he talked to a Psychiatrist and was put on a different med, which has not been given to him, NOT ONCE. He say he ask the nurse everyday about his med but they're just unprofessional and rude. I've been praying and asking God to give the staff, caring hearts to treat the inmates as humans. I'm truly confused and can't hardly wait for him to get to his assigned unit. Please help me understand!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2019, 05:34 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,506 Times in 12,962 Posts

Atlanta holdover is awful, on purpose. I was there for 28 of the worst days of my sentence. 23 hour lockdown can even be a bonus since many days the hour out was cancelled because of "short staff". They even claimed that a book cart of donated reading materials was "too expensive", so most of the cell time was spent looking at the walls.

The prison enjoys its reputation as a hell hole.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:36 PM

Has he gotten his meds? My hubby ran into the same issue but in a different state. Hes been back in almost a month and no meds yet. A lot of these guys need their meds to function properly. Its all about how they can save money..
The Following User Says Thank You to AngelMindi For This Useful Post:
ShelishaB (06-02-2019)
Old 06-02-2019, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Atlanta holdover is awful, on purpose. I was there for 28 of the worst days of my sentence. 23 hour lockdown can even be a bonus since many days the hour out was cancelled because of "short staff". They even claimed that a book cart of donated reading materials was "too expensive", so most of the cell time was spent looking at the walls.

The prison enjoys its reputation as a hell hole.
Yes he has been moved to his assigned facility. Crazy part is I received email from him for 3 days. No2 no response, calls or emails in the past 6 days. I call the facility and they say the counselor isn't in. This can sure take a poll on people's life. Thanks for your response. It feels better communicating with others going through the same thing,so we can pray and support on another with our words.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ShelishaB For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-02-2019), Sarianna (06-02-2019), sidewalker (06-02-2019), trauma4us (06-02-2019)
Old 06-02-2019, 03:33 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,506 Times in 12,962 Posts

Yes, missing counselors can definitely slow down processing at a new prison. I hope your son has gotten his prescription problems resolved. Getting out of USP Atlanta is always a good thing.