Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Parole, Probation, Halfway House, Community Service, etc.
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Parole, Probation, Halfway House, Community Service, etc. All information & questions relating to parole, probation, halfway house, community service, electronic monitoring, etc. in New Jersey should be posted here.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:05 PM

Default Does anyone have information about Logan/Taylor Hall?

Ok so he got approved for the halfway back program at Logan/Toler Hall (i know theres a lot of issues with the renaming so ill just write both). Does anyone know anything about Logan Hall in regards to visits, furloughs, him being able to leave for work and how long until he can do so, clothing and other items? Any info is much appreciated, Happy Holidays!!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Donation Award 

I sent this to you via PM but I will repost it for further reference for anyone interested!

Logan Hall and Toler House are adjoined. Logan Hall houses county/state resident/inmates and Toler is federal. I believe Logan Hall is 20 Toler Place and Toler is 18 Toler Place. They are the only two facilities on the street. Tully is across the street but Tully is 28 Peerless Place which is around the corner. You can see Tully from Logan though.

Logan Hall is located at 20 Toler Pl. in Newark. Logan Hall is located by most highways and is relatively easy to get too. Visits at Saturday 10am-12pm and Sunday 2:30pm-4:30pm, regardless if he is in Unit 1 or Unit 2, visits are the same time. Once he gets there he will be on ďblackoutĒ which just means that he canít have visits that weekend. He can call, and do pretty much whatever else he wants. Also, there is family night on Tuesdays from 7pm-9pm. However, a different departments handles family night, therefore he has to submit two visits list. One for regular visitation and then one to social services for family night. Social services at Logan Hall will contact you and inform you that you have been invited by a resident to family night. Once you have been invited you must attend 2 family nights for him to eligible for a pass after he has been there for 21 days. There are no overnight passes, only daily hourly ones. Also, eventually they will allow him out for various things with other residents. They will give them a movie pass or a shopping pass. You cannot attend family night until Logan Hall contacts you. But after the blackout you can start visiting on the weekends. You cannot bring anything to the visits. But you can bring money, unlike Annandale, and there are actually vending machines with drinks, snacks, and hot food.

As for sending his belongings or dropping it off, drop off days at Tuesday 2pm-4pm and Thursday 4pm-6pm. They are allowed the following:
5 pairs of pants
5 shirts
2 thermals
2 hoodies
6 boxers
6 undershirts ( you can send 3 tank tops and 3 undershirts, whatever you want)
6 pairs of socks
Sneakers and boots
CD Player
CDís (No burned CDís)
Books
Laundry Detergent (No generic brands)
1 Twin White Sheet Set
NO PILLOW
Hats (whatever kind, fitted baseball hats or winter skullie cap)
NO MONEY / MONEY ORDERS ONLY (made payable to him)

Now, if you decide to drop his stuff off you are more limited. I mailed things, and they allowed him things that they told me no the following week when I went to drop them off. Like for instance, stamps, notebook, pens/pencils, and a dvd, so I would suggest mailing everything, including his clothes. I am going to try to mail the pillow next week.

Also, they are going to require him to get an ID, so if he does not have a state issued ID then he will need his birth certificate and social security card. Also, they want him to make a resume. He has time once there to complete all of these things.

The phones at Logan Hall are PCS not GTL. PCS is an easier company to deal with. Call them at 1-888-288-9879 and set up an account. Itís easier then online. The minimum is $50.00 but for me it last awhile, because our phone calls are 2 dollars. No matter how long we talk it is two dollars. They are allowed to stay on the Phone usually until about 10:17 or 10:18pm because count is at that time. Now on nights which a sporting event is on they are allowed back out after count to finish the game, and the phones are back on. Now on Friday and Saturday Night they are allowed up until 1am. They can use the phones until then too. There are also nights they are allowed up until 12 but I am not sure what nights they are, I forget Iíll ask .

If you want to sent books or anything, you can send them from anywhere, but I advice to send them directly from the vending like Annandale. Itís easier and you can track them.

Thatís all I can think of right now, if you have any other questions do not hesitate to contact me. I check my account here daily and I will try to answer any questions you have. Maybe we will run into each other at Logan if we already have not at Annandale and just didnít know.

Hopefully this has helped and If anyone has any additional questions about Logan Hall please feel free to ask me, I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge and if not I will get you the answer !
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JmsGrL For This Useful Post:
katielovesmikey (12-26-2009), mywife19 (01-22-2010), sarrahhhsayys (12-25-2009)
Old 12-26-2009, 01:27 PM

I wrote back to you via PM, but I forgot to ask you about the phone calls, I know you said its a different company than GTL, but I read somewhere you can buy calling cards for them to use? Is that true or do you have to set up the account with PCS? Also, does he have to submit a phone list or can he just anyone? Thanks again!!!!! =D
Old 12-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Donation Award 

He can call anyone no phone list required. You need to set up an account via PCS, I would assume your calls would be as cheap as mine we are really close to each other. PCS is an easy enough company, just set up and account and once he gets to Logan he can call right away.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:40 PM

Default Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmsGrL View Post
I sent this to you via PM but I will repost it for further reference for anyone interested!

Logan Hall and Toler House are adjoined. Logan Hall houses county/state resident/inmates and Toler is federal. I believe Logan Hall is 20 Toler Place and Toler is 18 Toler Place. They are the only two facilities on the street. Tully is across the street but Tully is 28 Peerless Place which is around the corner. You can see Tully from Logan though.

Logan Hall is located at 20 Toler Pl. in Newark. Logan Hall is located by most highways and is relatively easy to get too. Visits at Saturday 10am-12pm and Sunday 2:30pm-4:30pm, regardless if he is in Unit 1 or Unit 2, visits are the same time. Once he gets there he will be on ďblackoutĒ which just means that he canít have visits that weekend. He can call, and do pretty much whatever else he wants. Also, there is family night on Tuesdays from 7pm-9pm. However, a different departments handles family night, therefore he has to submit two visits list. One for regular visitation and then one to social services for family night. Social services at Logan Hall will contact you and inform you that you have been invited by a resident to family night. Once you have been invited you must attend 2 family nights for him to eligible for a pass after he has been there for 21 days. There are no overnight passes, only daily hourly ones. Also, eventually they will allow him out for various things with other residents. They will give them a movie pass or a shopping pass. You cannot attend family night until Logan Hall contacts you. But after the blackout you can start visiting on the weekends. You cannot bring anything to the visits. But you can bring money, unlike Annandale, and there are actually vending machines with drinks, snacks, and hot food.

As for sending his belongings or dropping it off, drop off days at Tuesday 2pm-4pm and Thursday 4pm-6pm. They are allowed the following:
5 pairs of pants
5 shirts
2 thermals
2 hoodies
6 boxers
6 undershirts ( you can send 3 tank tops and 3 undershirts, whatever you want)
6 pairs of socks
Sneakers and boots
CD Player
CDís (No burned CDís)
Books
Laundry Detergent (No generic brands)
1 Twin White Sheet Set
NO PILLOW
Hats (whatever kind, fitted baseball hats or winter skullie cap)
NO MONEY / MONEY ORDERS ONLY (made payable to him)

Now, if you decide to drop his stuff off you are more limited. I mailed things, and they allowed him things that they told me no the following week when I went to drop them off. Like for instance, stamps, notebook, pens/pencils, and a dvd, so I would suggest mailing everything, including his clothes. I am going to try to mail the pillow next week.

Also, they are going to require him to get an ID, so if he does not have a state issued ID then he will need his birth certificate and social security card. Also, they want him to make a resume. He has time once there to complete all of these things.

The phones at Logan Hall are PCS not GTL. PCS is an easier company to deal with. Call them at 1-888-288-9879 and set up an account. Itís easier then online. The minimum is $50.00 but for me it last awhile, because our phone calls are 2 dollars. No matter how long we talk it is two dollars. They are allowed to stay on the Phone usually until about 10:17 or 10:18pm because count is at that time. Now on nights which a sporting event is on they are allowed back out after count to finish the game, and the phones are back on. Now on Friday and Saturday Night they are allowed up until 1am. They can use the phones until then too. There are also nights they are allowed up until 12 but I am not sure what nights they are, I forget Iíll ask .

If you want to sent books or anything, you can send them from anywhere, but I advice to send them directly from the vending like Annandale. Itís easier and you can track them.

Thatís all I can think of right now, if you have any other questions do not hesitate to contact me. I check my account here daily and I will try to answer any questions you have. Maybe we will run into each other at Logan if we already have not at Annandale and just didnít know.

Hopefully this has helped and If anyone has any additional questions about Logan Hall please feel free to ask me, I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge and if not I will get you the answer !

Has much changed within Toler hall? my fiance is going on June 6,2019 I know the area because we are both from that part of NJ Just wanted to know if these guidelines are still in place.
Thank you for any information you can share with me.