Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Canadian Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Canada Prisons & Jails Visitation, Phones, Packages & mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Canada Prisons & Jails Visitation, Phones, Packages & mail This forum deals with all the ins and outs of the Canadian Prison and Criminal Justice System, including Phones, Mail, Packages, and visitation.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:41 PM

Hi I live about ten minutes away from Milton I recently lost my car I am ten minutes away from my son I can't go visit because I live in the country does anyone carpool I have not seen him in a month
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2015, 04:00 PM

Default Maplehurst

Hey Everyone,

My boyfriend has just been sentenced 12 months.

I've been told he will be proceed there... and then he will either be transferred to another facility - or there is a slight possibility he could remain there.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
Please let me know.
I've heard he could go to penetanguishene..?
Old 03-16-2017, 09:41 PM

Default Maplehurst inmate separation

Hi all,
First time on the forum , my husband will land at maplehurst tomorrow just wondering if the pods are designated by convicted or remanded? Or by the duration of their stay? I won't be able to visit for a couple days and since he shouldn't be there long I'm worried something will happen inside to extend his stay. In other words hoping he is put with a chill group lol. Any info is appreciated.

Cheers
Old 03-19-2017, 01:14 PM
OnparoleinTO

hi BranRenee - I guess you had your visit by now... hope it went well. Maplehurst is supposed to be organized by remand, etc. but often that doesn't happen, as I understand it. When I was first there - remand - I was in a cell with 2 guys from the federal system waiting for court appearances. Like all provincial jails, Maplehurst is a pretty terrible place.

Not sure what you mean by 'extending his time'. Is your LO going on to the federal system? I may be able to help answer questions about that, as that's where I spent most of my time.

Hope all goes well for you; ask if you want to know more.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:52 PM

Thanks for the info, I have visited and put money on his account, he says he is lucky to be in a decent pod and has a good roommate, court date is Thursday so hopefully he is out on probation otherwise he will go back........my concern is he was arrested unexpectedly , at work and now has lost his job so he is angry and confused he still has no idea what his breach was to end up there. I am worried he will get in a fight and that will look bad on his court date.

Here's a question ....... If a letter arrives for him at the jail on tuesday morning will he receive it by Wed?

Thanks so much for responding ....
Old 03-19-2017, 06:18 PM
OnparoleinTO

Haven't they told him why he was rearrested? They are certainly supposed to have done that. Does he have a lawyer? If so the lawyer should know what the Crown is proposing. Was he on bail or probation or parole when arrested? It makes no sense that he doesn't know. Could there be more to the story than he's telling you?

As for a fight - that's up to him. Learning to control your temper is pretty key to making it through the jail experience. I'm sure you know this already.

Letter - normally yes he should get it the same day, but you can never be sure that will happen. It can depend on how the guard on duty feels. But the odds are he'll get it.

Good luck.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:36 PM

lawyer was on vacation, and the sub was useless........ hoping he finds out what is going on tomorrow (Monday), he seems to be keeping his cool which makes me feel better........thanks for responding to the mail question I really want him to receive my card by wed since court is Thursday......take care!!!

Cheers!!