Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Old 04-21-2018, 06:44 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,322 Times in 14,292 Posts

I feel your pain, CAdreaming.
I remember all to well trying to get an appt to visit by calling.
VERY frustrating.

thanks for adding the info you got.
sheesh.

That's my dog's nose art

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAlvarado1989 View Post
I wonder how it is to just get in line in the early morning. Does anyone know how packed it is? I don't want to be waiting with two kids and not get in -_-this is so frustrating
Did you ever try to wait in line? I have a 4 year old and donít want to wait around all day and drive 4.5 hours to not be seen.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by didntcthiscomin View Post
No. Never got an answer. Still havenít been able to book an appointment. Itís freaking rediculous how this place does it at7am on a Monday. Donít they realize that people have jobs and kids to getready and get to school. Iíve given up at this point.
Hello,

I totally agree...I have to set my alarm as I'm getting ready to leave for work so that I don't miss it. Here's how I've been able to make an appointment. Make sure that you set you preference for the earliest time possible (1st visit is at 9am) and be logged on at 7am, but don't wait a few seconds after the time changes to 7am and then click on "make new appointment". I've noticed that I can usually get the appointment I want for 1 day, but the second day I get a later appointment like 11 or 12...by the time you make the first one and then go back and make the second one...they go really quick.

Also, keep checking back during the week because some people are courteous enough to cancel if they know they aren't going which will allow someone else to make an appointment. I just made an appointment for 6/9 at 12pm...I was surprised it was available, but I'll take a3-hour visit

Hope this was helpful

YNG

Old 06-10-2018, 09:27 PM

Default NEVER I repeat NEVER GO WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT

Sooooo I went to visit my husband today - for the second time at CSP Lancaster with NO appointment. Ladies I strongly advise you NEVER to do this unless you are in line at 5am and are one of the first 10 non-appointments. I waited from 10am until 1:45pm to see if I could get a visit. They call me up to the counter at 1:45pm and tell that he's non contact because he just got there on Friday and hasn't seen his counselor and yet I visited him on Saturday -they said I shouldn't have been able to visit,but slipped through the cracks.

When you don't have an appointment, they make you go to the Friends Outside trailer and wait and they call 10 non-appointments at a time. When they are ready, they call and the lady lets us know and then we walk over. So instead of telling me when I come in with the last group of non-appointments, the let me sit there for 20 minutes, then call me up and tell me he's NON-CONTACT Like wow, really. My husband just got there and already I hate this place. Their house, their rules...I get it. I'm just irritated that I wasted and entire day. I could have stayed home, saved gas, time, and money. Thank God my drive is only 1 1/2 hours. I would have been cool with an hour visit - as I said, hubby just got there Friday and hasn't been to the store or anything and I was basically coming to feed him, say wassup, and bounce.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:26 AM

Question Visiting

I have tried all morning to call to make a visiting appointment. The info at the CAS-LAC prison site gives a number and extension and that it is available Thursday - Friday 7-9 AM. What I get is the runaround by voice mail. I call the number, and enter the extension then I get a message, "to access your mailbox ..."The next time that I call the main number I get, "to access your mailbox....." without asking me to enter the extension. Then the next time, I get, "dial 1 for English, dial 1 for visiting..." once in a while when I dial the 1 for visiting no one picks up and then I get, "no connection..." or some thing to that effect.

This has been going round and round for an since 7AM, what is going on? Has the number changed? I can't get through. Is Vpass the only way now?
Old 07-25-2018, 11:06 PM

Hello,

Are you trying to make an appointment for a contact visit? Let me see if I can attach the paper I got from visiting when I was told that my contact visit would be non contact.

I couldn't attach the document so I'll just give you the info off the paper. this was from June 19 so it's fairly recent.

California State Prison - Los Angeles County- Visiting Center
(661) 729-2000 Extensions 5401 and 5404
Visiting Info Line (661) 723-8333

Appointments for contact visits made through VPASS

Non-Appointment Procedure
Appointments shall be made on the following days via Email at lac.visiting@cdcr.ca.gov - MONDAY 6am-12Noon

Appointments shall be made on the following days by Telephone at the Extensions above
*** Thursday and Friday 7:00am - 9:00am

Over 60 years old - appointments made the following days by telephone: Thursday and Friday 7:00am - 9:00 am

I hope this helps

YnG
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAdreaming View Post
I have tried all morning to call to make a visiting appointment. The info at the CAS-LAC prison site gives a number and extension and that it is available Thursday - Friday 7-9 AM. What I get is the runaround by voice mail. I call the number, and enter the extension then I get a message, "to access your mailbox ..."The next time that I call the main number I get, "to access your mailbox....." without asking me to enter the extension. Then the next time, I get, "dial 1 for English, dial 1 for visiting..." once in a while when I dial the 1 for visiting no one picks up and then I get, "no connection..." or some thing to that effect.

This has been going round and round for an since 7AM, what is going on? Has the number changed? I can't get through. Is Vpass the only way now?

Last edited by YOUNGnGIFTED; 07-25-2018 at 11:57 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YOUNGnGIFTED For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (07-26-2018), sidewalker (07-26-2018)