Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > USP Victorville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

USP Victorville Topics and discussion specific to USP VIctorville in Adelanto, CA.

Old 04-13-2006, 10:17 PM

Default United States Penitentiary - Victorville

Hi everyone,

Happy Easter to all

I just found out from the bop.gov site today that my husband is being transfered to USP Victorville, ive tried to google it to find some information about the facitiy but there isn't much on it,

Would anyone else have friends or loved ones at the facitity that wouldn't mind sharing abit of their knowledge about the place, it would be greatly appreicated, ie mail, phone, general information

Thanks Scarlet
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2006, 01:36 AM
MsDre45

Arrow ISO any Victorville info available

Hi, My baby brother was just transferred there this am, and we're trying to find out about it too. He was transferred from Atwater and had been in the hole since being seriously injured (Thanksgiving night). Though he was initially charged with assault they had viewed the cameras and cleared him of the allegations, but refused to release him back to general population. Although the perps were allowed to return in January. They told him he would have to spend the duration of his time (1 year) in the hole or transfer out, which is what he requested , but he had no idea where he would be going. In essence, lol; we've been checking Bop locater
twice a day, and now that he's there we're just hoping he'll be able to get back within the general population so that he can call home more often. He was only able to call 15 mins a month, which has been hard on all of us (we've a very close knit family).Any and all info would be graciously appreciated by myself and my family.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:24 AM
Registered

Victorville USP is perhaps one of the best kept secrets in all of the BOP. I have looked extensively and have only come up with a maling address:

Inmate Name, Reg No.#
USP Victorvlle
PO Box 5500
Adelanto, CA 92301

Keep the Faith

Michael

"You have to go through the rain to get to the rainbow"
Old 04-14-2006, 11:03 AM

some more information can be found here (http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery;...%20Victorville)
sorry for the long link - it's information about USP Victorville from wikipedia but the pictures have been removed from the wikipedia site. If you need more information about "BOP's most secret place" (that's true!) contact me directly. I can tell you a lot about this place.
The Following User Says Thank You to mggbb For This Useful Post:
tdaurbigny (07-02-2016)
Old 05-07-2006, 07:34 PM

I visit Victorville USP almost every other month and have been for almost a year. Anything I can help you with let me know.

Does anyone come from San Francisco Bay Area Way???

For his anger endures but a moment; in his favor is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hubie For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (09-21-2016), mrsdavis07 (12-20-2014)
Old 05-09-2006, 12:30 AM
Donation Award 

The best advice to be got about USP "V-Ville" is to not to "stir the waters".
This will result in your loved one being further tormented...A couple of us who have
been on this boat since it launched, have learned this the hard way. Resulting in the opposite effect of what we intended to achieve for our loved one.
Wish I had better things to say...
ALOHA
Malia Lynn

Malia Lynn
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Malia Lynn For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (11-17-2016), mrsdavis07 (12-20-2014)
Old 05-18-2006, 07:04 PM

Malia, that's almost true with any of the BOP's. They do not like us poking into their mix. Another thing I found out with them is that the more respect you give them, the more they will try to accommodate you. Although thankfully, I haven't seen any real drama there since I have been visiting.

For his anger endures but a moment; in his favor is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5

Old 05-23-2006, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie
Malia, that's almost true with any of the BOP's. They do not like us poking into their mix. Another thing I found out with them is that the more respect you give them, the more they will try to accommodate you. Although thankfully, I haven't seen any real drama there since I have been visiting.

Keep in mind that what you see during visiting is not what is going on inside. Giving them respect is alright as long as this respect is returned to our loved ones. Unfortunately, the polite smile we see when we come for a visit is gone when visiting is over. Do not forget: USP Victorville is still "young" but one inmate got killed there already. His name is Peter Scopazzi and he died on April 16, 2005 - ask his family if giving them respect would have saved his life.
The Following User Says Thank You to mggbb For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (11-17-2016)
Old 05-24-2006, 09:10 PM

mggbb, I know a little about Peter Scopazzi and my heart goes out for his family. I have talked to Jay Hurst who is handling the class action lawsuit against the USP and FCI about many things regarding Vic-ville. All I'm saying is that so far, I have not had any problems. I'm told by my people inside that there are some complete a$$holes and a lot of other things that I won't go into here. So, I'm well aware of what the inmates have to go through on the inside. I visit my son and a friend there on a monthly basis and have heard some horror stories.

Last edited by Hubie; 05-24-2006 at 09:12 PM..
Old 11-09-2006, 10:29 AM

Default USP--Victorville

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about USP Victorville being on lockdown or anything else going on there. I always get a call on Wed. night...except for last night
Old 11-09-2006, 11:10 AM

No They're at not on lock down. My boyfriend just called me yesterday and as a mather of fact im going to go visit him on Sunday, which i'm excited because I have not seen him in two years. He just got transfer there from Lewisberg USP.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:13 PM

Oh, okay, well thanks for the info. I'm not sure what happened, but hopefully he'll call soon. Enjoy your visit! I know how exciting it can be...I saw my boyfriend in July for the first time in 3 years (I live in Maryland) and I can't wait to go back in January!
Old 11-09-2006, 02:18 PM

Well Thanks I'll defenetly enjoy my visit. As a mather of fact I just talked to my boyfriend a couple of minutes ago so we were both excited. I hope you get that phone call, I'm pertty sure everything is okay.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:51 PM

Hi jvavau and jensmcm,
I don't post here often but read alot. My son is currently at Victorville Med II. I haven't gotten to see him in over a year but once in awhile get a phone call. He used to email me but hasn't lately. Anyway, not many people here seem to have someone at Victorville. Just wanted to say Hi.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:20 PM

Hi worried sick. It's good to hear from you. I don't post on here too often either, but it's nice to see that there are other people with loved ones at Victorville too. I'm sure we'll be able to answer questions for one another from time to time.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:02 PM

Hi worried sick
you're right not to many people post here. But there is still some of us that do. My boyfriend is the one that is in victorcille USP. As a matter of fact I work about 1/2 hour from were he is at and i live about 45 minutes from victorville so I'm praying they keep him there for the remaining of his time. He just got transfer there. He was at Lewisberg so he was a long way from home wich I did not get to see him for a long time. So I'm very happy now even just to know that he is close to home.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:50 AM
Donation Award 

Hi;
My significantly 'better' other half is in USP Victorville also..He was transferred there back in August, from Marion.
It's nice to see others with someone in Victorville as usually
I'm hard pressed to find anyone!
Old 12-31-2006, 11:44 PM

Default USP--Victorville

Does anyone know if they've been on lockdown at USP Victorville this weekend. I was expecting a call from my man last night, but he didn't call then or tonight. I leave in a few days to fly there from MD to visit him and I'm totally freaking out that something's happened. If anyone has any info. that would be great!
Old 12-31-2006, 11:54 PM
FREE TO BE ME

I would call and simply ask if they are on lockdown. They will provide you with that information.

Lenin
Old 12-31-2006, 11:57 PM

Thanks for the tip. I had no idea you could do that, but I just called and that's exactly what's going on. I love this website!
Old 01-01-2007, 06:55 AM
FREE TO BE ME

Your welcome.

Lenin
Old 01-03-2007, 02:02 PM

My bolyfriend is in Victorville USP. I do know they are on lock down, but does anyone know why? I went up there this past saturday I got there around 11:00 and two CO's were leting us know that visits were canceled. It has already been 4 days and they are still on lock down so I was just courious as to why.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:24 PM

I wish I knew myself. I've been calling all week to get the status because I'm supposed to be visiting this weekend. My flight is Friday morning and I'm coming all the way from MD...we've been looking forward to it for months. Finally, yesterday, one of the CO's called me to tell me that my boyfriend asked him to call me and explain what's going on. He said that he doesn't expect the lockdown to be over until at least the beginning of next week because, from what he understands, the incident was really serious (whatever that means). I tried to get more info. because I need to know by this evening whether to cancel my flight and save a little money, but he couldn't give me any definite answers. He just said that if he were me, he would cancel everything. Needless to say, this really sucks and all I want to do is sit here and cry about it.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:02 PM

Jensmcm, well if that's what you were told then I also suggest you canceled your flight and try to reschedule it for the weekend of the 12th. I just pray everything is okay with my boyfriend. I also feel the way you feel I just want to CRY. Well Jensmcm please keep me updated on any information you have. I would reazlly appreciate that. Thanks. jvavau
Old 01-03-2007, 08:15 PM

I'll be sure to let you know if I hear anything, but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with all that drama at the California Institution for Men (CIM-a CA state prison) that happened on Sat. If you go to the CA forum you can read all about it. I know that state and Fed are different systems, but I did read that most CA state prisons are on lockdown and this one in particular had to call in help from many local prisons over the past few days. Victorville is in the same county as CIM so maybe some people that work there have to help out at CIM. Just a thought...