Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Menís Colony (CMC) - San Luis Obispo
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Menís Colony (CMC) - San Luis Obispo Topic and discussion specific to CMC Ė California Menís Colony Prison in San Luis Obispo, California.

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 01:02 PM

Thanked 1,865 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default 2013/16 CMC Phone Q&A

Anything regarding phones & calls should go here..

**Please do not post things like :"I didn't get a call today, I'm so sad"..this should go in our monthly chat thread

Questions about how to receive calls, how to set up your phone etc should go here!

Effective November 26, 2012 GTL is changing its billing system from Direct Billed to AdvancePay Accounts.

Click on the PDF below to learn the steps you need to take.
English

Spanish

Offender Connect Brochure Friend-Family revised

Last edited by traviesita; 12-14-2012 at 01:13 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2013, 10:50 PM

oppsss i put a post in the wrong section. I got a letter from Scott yesterday and he said that West side where he is all the phones were down because they were working on them "survellince" he called it. But at least I got a letter from him telling me why he hadn't been able to call. So hang tight, once the prison gets there acts together with the phone lines, things should be better. Tina
Old 03-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottysgirl70 View Post
oppsss i put a post in the wrong section. I got a letter from Scott yesterday and he said that West side where he is all the phones were down because they were working on them "survellince" he called it. But at least I got a letter from him telling me why he hadn't been able to call. So hang tight, once the prison gets there acts together with the phone lines, things should be better. Tina
Thank you for the information. My man is on the East side and I was getting worried. Wondering what the heck is going on?
Old 03-03-2013, 12:58 AM

Angry Phone lines down at CMC

Still haven't gotten a call from Scott, and thought about calling his counselor on Monday to see what is going on. Have money on my GTL account so I don't get it. Anyone else getting calls from either west or east? I hope to get up there tomorrow to see him work prevailing, am on call this weekend. And visiting is not that long. I haven't gotten a letter this week either, so Im just as lost in the dark as the rest of people who go to CMC. They should post something on their website.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Chocolate Drop

No calls in over a week or mail, I sure wish I knew what in the H--- is going on .
Old 03-03-2013, 06:41 PM

Angry No calls

You and me both. this is crazy. I went to the CDC website to see if I could find any info on CMC but of course no way. And there is no one there on the weekends by way of phone to call and see what the problem is. I really hope Scott gets it together this time. I know it hard on him, but its hard on me too. My parents jokingly said for me to find someone who was old and rich and give up on him, the look on my face was priceless. I've been with him for a long time and my daughters adore him just as I. If its the guards that monitor the inmates phone booths I think thats what they would be, ought to get it together and let our guys call home. After all we pay for this service.....Tina
Old 03-03-2013, 08:12 PM

Phew! I thought I was the only one going through this anxiety!!!! Thanks for sharing ladies. I haven't gotten a call nor a letter and tomorrow is my guy's birthday. Hang tight ladies.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:40 PM

Thanked 1,722 Times in 908 Posts

I got a short letter saying phones are down. But have no idea for how long. Crazy it seems to be the whole place. I think it's already been almost a whole week. The last call I got was on Monday. So seems they should be back on any day now.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:36 PM

Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-04-2013, 12:09 AM

Yup they are. I haven't even got a call for over a week now. Tomorrow Im calling my b/f's counselor and finding out what the heck is going on. I haven't gotten any mail either. I know East was on lockdown, but not west, and in one letter almost 2 weeks ago he said they were doing repairs. But how long does it take to repair a prisons phone lines for inmates? Real bummer.
The Following User Says Thank You to scottysgirl70 For This Useful Post:
holliberry (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 08:54 AM

Angry Phones down

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchyHeart View Post
I got a short letter saying phones are down. But have no idea for how long. Crazy it seems to be the whole place. I think it's already been almost a whole week. The last call I got was on Monday. So seems they should be back on any day now.
I am really fed up with how phone lines can go down at a state prison, for our guys. WE have to pay for them to call US not the other way around. Then if you plan to visit and the yards are on lockdown becuz of fog, its just more hassle then its worth! Even with an appt. Like I said in another post Im calling his counselor this mornng to find out what the hell is wrong with the phone lines. I was unable to visit this weekend due to work. And Im sure he is stressed and worried why I wasn't there! Sometimes I think CMC just likes screwing not only with our guys but with us too. Which is pure bull.
The Following User Says Thank You to scottysgirl70 For This Useful Post:
holliberry (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 09:28 AM

Default Phones Down

Thank God you have all posted. I've been really frightened wondering why I haven't heard from my loved one. Now at least I know that he's not the only one. Thanks for the information everyone; it really, really helps.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:

I am really fed up with how phone lines can go down at a state prison, for our guys. WE have to pay for them to call US not the other way around. Then if you plan to visit and the yards are on lockdown becuz of fog, its just more hassle then its worth! Even with an appt. Like I said in another post Im calling his counselor this mornng to find out what the hell is wrong with the phone lines. I was unable to visit this weekend due to work. And Im sure he is stressed and worried why I wasn't there! Sometimes I think CMC just likes screwing not only with our guys but with us too. Which is pure bull.
If you are able to get through to a counselor, I would love to know what you learn. It's been really frightening this past week. Thanks for following up.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:25 AM

Smile RE: phones down at CMC

I called GTL, and they were unaware of the phone lines being down at both sides west and east, so they took a report on the issue. As for the prison Scotts counselor said he didn't know who i could talk to about the phone line issues. Just to update you.....so maybe there is hope at the end of this rainbow!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottysgirl70

Hey you're dealing with the prison system whom just think lowly of its inmates. Don't be so harsh on yourself. I understand that dealing with the phone line issues is difficult but these kind of barriers are standard with these relationships. You shouldn't worry about him so much, have faith that he'll be fine. Their are other reasons for no visitation during foggy days as oppose to the prison screwing with us. It's security procedures. It's true, inmates has used the cover of the fog in attempt to escape before.

Having a love one in prison is agonizing so don't make it worse. Sooner or later, you'll hear from him again. Hang in there, blessed be!

Oh yeah, please do let us know what the counselor says about the phone line issues, thanks!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:46 PM

The phones have not been working properly lately. To solve this problem they are putting in all new phones. This is what my guy told me last I spoke with him a week ago. I know they already started cuz last call was from a different number... The prison system (and God) put us through a tough lesson in patience, so may be better just to learn it. Those of us who have been on this journey over 18 yrs know this lesson well. Frustration doesn't make it any faster, sad to say. Just be thankful if this isn't you.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:05 PM

Angry Phone lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubnag View Post
Hey you're dealing with the prison system whom just think lowly of its inmates. Don't be so harsh on yourself. I understand that dealing with the phone line issues is difficult but these kind of barriers are standard with these relationships. You shouldn't worry about him so much, have faith that he'll be fine. Their are other reasons for no visitation during foggy days as oppose to the prison screwing with us. It's security procedures. It's true, inmates has used the cover of the fog in attempt to escape before.

Having a love one in prison is agonizing so don't make it worse. Sooner or later, you'll hear from him again. Hang in there, blessed be!

Oh yeah, please do let us know what the counselor says about the phone line issues, thanks!
His counselor didn't know. So I left a message w/ the assistant warden's office. How nice that we pay for this and CMC doesn't tell us squat!
Old 03-04-2013, 02:08 PM

Phones are fixed!! I just got a phone call.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:26 PM

Default Phones Down

Quote:
I called GTL, and they were unaware of the phone lines being down at both sides west and east, so they took a report on the issue. As for the prison Scotts counselor said he didn't know who i could talk to about the phone line issues. Just to update you.....so maybe there is hope at the end of this rainbow!
Thanks for the follow up. I wonder what's going on?
Old 03-04-2013, 04:27 PM

Default Phones Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvr alone View Post
Phones are fixed!! I just got a phone call.
What a relief! Thanks for posting.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:07 PM

Talking RE: Phone lines are down.

His counselor didn't know anything about the phone lines being down. If they are fixed now, I can't wait to get a call from my hunny! But I took this a step further, a friend I went to HS here in SLO county gave me CDC's direct line, so here it is 916-255-2758. Also the Governors main line:
916- 445-2849 in the event this happens again. He used to be a guard at CMC but retired several yrs ago. Now he's just another joe not working for the prison system. He was more then happy to help me. I called CDC and spoke to a lady and she said that they didn't have any info on the inmates lines being down. Uh huh. Two weeks of no calls, and they don't know anything about it? Ya right they don't. I hope if Scott calls tomorrow I am home, gotta go back to the salt and mill and get my day shift in. Awww so glad I am working days now instead of swings or noc's at the hospital. The day goes quicker. And so glad I am off this weekend and the next.......At least from the other post, I bet all our guys are anxious to call home.........hope its soon......cuz i'll be waiting! Tina
Old 03-04-2013, 09:47 PM

Anyone else receive a call?
Old 03-06-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubnag View Post
Anyone else receive a call?
No. A friend of ours said she had a letter from our Loved One, but we didn't have a date for when he wrote it. I really don't understand how both letters and phones can be down. Is anyone else not getting mail?
Old 03-06-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayCeeShip

No. A friend of ours said she had a letter from our Loved One, but we didn't have a date for when he wrote it. I really don't understand how both letters and phones can be down. Is anyone else not getting mail?
I received a letter and card today. It was dated March 3rd.

Man, I was expecting him to write me but he was expecting the same thin too. Lol! I did write him but it takes about a week before he actually get any mail from me. Lol!

After receiving his letter, I feel so much better!!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Donation Award 

Default I received a letter

I received a letter from Ray yesterday. He said the phones are "Supposedly Down ?"..at least that is what they are telling them. He said he would try to call me as soon as possible The letter was postmarked March 4th. He wrote it Sunday March 3rd. He also informed me bad strain of the flu they now have him quarantined. He is not the only one so tell your loved ones to be careful. My baby is miserable. Just wish he was home so I could take care of him. Please ladies if anyone receives a call let us know,... Oh my Ray is on the East side.
Closed Thread